It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of killed Iranian missile expert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

It is a mysterious incident: An explosion near Tehran, a senior military analyst with close ties to Hamas were killed. It is supposed to be an accident at a munitions depot - but the reports are contradictory about the detonation.

Tehran / Tel Aviv - 17 people were killed on Saturday in an explosion near Tehran. There had been an accident, said Iran.
Now the doubts grow on the representation, for among the dead is also a senior missile expert. The Iranian Revolutionary Guards said on Monday, General Hassan Moghaddam, head of logistics research unit, had died in the blast. Moghaddam played a significant role "in the development of national defense", the elite paramilitary force said, according to a report of the semi-official Fars news agency.

The information on the precise circumstances of the explosion are contradictory: the Revolutionary Guard, according to the explosion occurred on Saturday in a munitions depot at Bidgane, 40 kilometers southwest of the capital Tehran. Trigger was an accident during transport of ammunition. An Iranian exile group denied this: The former speaker of the People's Mujahedeen, Alireza Jafarzadeh, said in Washington, but the explosion was carried on a missile base.

Israeli media reported the details of the military dead. Moghaddam was among other things, the development of Iran's missile systems of the type "Shihab" and "Silsal" responsible, writes the Israeli newspaper "Yediot Ahronot". He has also maintained close ties with Mahmoud al-Mabhouh, a senior official of the radical Islamic group Hamas, was assassinated in January last year in Dubai. Investigators then went to Dubai from the fact that the Israeli intelligence service Mossad was behind the crime. Al-Mabhouh said to have been responsible for the smuggling of rockets into the Gaza Strip.

Source

Coincidence? Maybe a little "help" by Mossad?
edit on 15-11-2011 by rocket88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I have a hunch since after watching the Republican debates, that it's covert operation, they said they should target Iranian scientists and all that. So to me it's fairly obvious that it was a targeted assassination. lol look, not even a source to back it up, just watch the first 5 minutes of the debate, wait for Gingrich to spill the beans on how they operate.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Iranians need to start investing in personnel sensors around their perimeters etc..It would certainly reduce these covert ops.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
that sets bad precedent. iran could retaliate by targeting american scientists. and they won't be hard to find.

they're the ones in 3 millions dollars homes in the upper class part of town.

one covert assassin with a .22 and cash can do a lot of damage.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Iranians need to start investing in personnel sensors around their perimeters etc..It would certainly reduce these covert ops.

Yeah, I can hear them now.

"Bindah, how did those infidels get in and blow up our junk?"

Captain Muhlah, I am sorry, I forgot to turn on the personnel sensors this morning.

I would think some form of personnel sensors would be the magic bullet to save all these sorry fools.

Look how it all worked out for Osama bin obama

Palm to the forehead. Doh!!!

top topics

join