U.S. Justice Department Wants To Criminalize Uploading You Tube Videos

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Too bad they can't make breaking the Constitution illegal.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by RisenAngel77

It's cause it's a marketing tool. How can they market if the information is wrong?

Of course it will never pass. I mean, you realize how easy it is for 200 Anons to generate 20,000+ fake profiles of whatever stereotype they wish to overrun and essentially destroy any sort of attempt to regulate it? In a matter of weeks there would be an extra billion people on the Earth thanks to anon. All of them essentially the same 200 people or so. Perhaps they will all be George Bush or Obama. Who knows.

Point is, you cannot regulate the internet. You will simply fail.
edit on 16-11-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

It began when Viacom bought out YT then Google when it became abundantly clear

I guess youtube may sooner or later take notice of my 200 plus ( give or take a dozen) yt accounts, after all they LooooOooove to flag down my videos that expose corruption. Now you have to provide a working cell phone phone number to register an account but i found a way around that using Google Adwords. Usually my vlogs really would tick them off and they would hit me with a 'copywright claim" when i had only created a web cam vlog. It was obvious they were breaking the contractual rules and re writing them and lying while attempting to silence me. Once your video gets flagged you cant re upload it. Then i have to resort to reformatting the video file perhaps alter the title if they blocked said video.. then re-uploading it on countless accounts with a bot loader hence the video they wish to censor goes more viral. Of course while sailing the seven proxies yt would always lose the battle.

Since then yt has become so desperate to control and censor the information because they control the view counts and what gets promoted. I have witnessed yt censoring and wrongfully terminatinating countless videos and channels without reason only that these videos and chans had one thing in common. They expose the PTB. Particularly 911 videos. This all due to Joe Lie-berman being the snake that he is imposing his draconian like Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious Zionist like ways even looks like Ian McDiarmid
Seeing the censorship is carried through. He was never a democrat to begin with, he was always a shill.

www.infowars.com...

Not my video

Its a war to stifle & control information and they are losing big time, they fear awareness and will stoop to anything to stop it!

goes to jail for posting a fake sign
edit on 16-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

That's a lot to accept. I see all sorts of things get banned and never actually, due to reupload. Hell the soundtrack to practically every movie after 1960 is on youtube.

I'm not saying I don't believe you. I'm saying that the money is what motivates them, and a bunch of angry people can still get you money, versus flat out copyright infringement of music or a movie. There is no reasoning to what you say in pure monetary value.
edit on 17-11-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
They are already blocking rt.com from showing movies, and by this time next year it will all be History.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Oh, now this is exciting, i can't wait to see where this one goes.

God forbid anything useful that empowers the people be out of their control.

At this point a part of me hopes this passes, because i still have some crazy illusion that maybe at some point the masses will wake up and realize they are being scammed and robbed. But this time instead of thinking it's WALL ST. maybe we can start turning the attention to where it really belongs....

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

well, youtube is preparing itself to become television, so... no wonder...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Unfortunately. The laws will continue to become more ridiculous as long as people allows it to.

Where is everyone at? This is big news that would impact us on a huge level. Normally threads like these would gain alot more attention. oO...

*sigh*

How dose this impact on those outside the US..?

I can tell a fib about my age on a dating site all I want if this goes into effect in the US but not in AU ang the US justice Dept can't do jack about it, as specially if the dating website is AU based and owned, but has a worldwide database....lol

US cannot police the whole internet, just what it's own citizens do on the internet. If your all dumb enough to let them, thats your ptroblem.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

I saw your video and it was nicely done. I have mine posted from projects from film school. Here is one of them

I used only videos of trailers from Dino DeLaurentiis and a song only from one of his trailers through the whole video.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
it will never happen because its impossible to enforce, they would have to arrest everyone

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Watched it! Cool tribute!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Bob Dylan Utilizes Gag Order against Plaintiff in Plagiarism Law Suit

jamesdamiano.yolasite.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Every time I read an article like this I get even more pi$$ed off as I ask myself how long it will take befor things like this are common place and actual news, or anything interesting for that matter, is permanently deleted and restricted from the internet entirely. I know I sound a little off the topic but it really is just one more step in that direction. You tube is for anyone that wants to upload a video! If someone records a police officer beating an innocent civilian to death will this make it easier for the maggots that be to have an arrest warrant for the uploader because they claim the title was false information?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Well, lets look on the bright side. They're not making it a law that every video in violation is replaced with 009 Sound System in the background with a dancing animation of Justin Bieber doing the Peanut Better Jelly Time dance.

reply to post by Domo1

Sigh, I'm getting the feeling the occupy movement is serving more as a distraction than anything else.

I strongly believe it is a distraction, and if it is then I'd love the shake the hand of whoever is the master mind.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

U.S. Justice Department Wants To Criminalize Uploading You Tube Videos

www.globalresearch.ca

The Department of Justice is attempting to criminalize uploading videos that break You Tube’s terms of service, along with any other online action that is deemed to contravene a website’s usage policy, in a shocking expansion of cybersecurity laws deemed draconian by critics.
Such violations would include creating a fake Facebook profile, lying about your weight on dating websites, or providing any other item of false information that violates a website’s TOS agreement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Welcome to the " United Soviet States of America".
we used to defend the rights of free speech.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Most people hardly look at TOS before clicking. That will be a ton of reading legal text since they're usually very long.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Missed this one. Thanks jrod.

Bump. S&F&

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join