Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

U.S. Justice Department Wants To Criminalize Uploading You Tube Videos

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
We as people cannot let goverment agencies take what freedoms we have left. If youhave noticed everytime an internet issue is brought up to the supreme court most of the times it gets over ruled in favoir of the people. TPTB will not let this continue, control, control and more control.

seing as the goverment wants to be so helpful in the intrest fo the people ....im heading to the bathroom they can wipe so I dont have to.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I think everyone's making way too big a deal out of this. Take youtube - you can listen to almost any song by any band without every buying the CD. As a long time youtuber, I see the terms of service when I do an upload, but clearly, they're broken all the time. There are tons of sites where you can illegally download movies, TV shows, software so incredibly easy that it's laughable. So what if they want to stop this? Everyone is jumping to conclusions about everything else.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

Originally posted by WarminIndy
I think some people should be criminalized for what they post. How many times do you go to Youtube to find some sort of entertainment and then so much crap comes up. And now Youtube series and movies made for Youtube. People don't care about quality anymore, they are only concerned with quantity. Annoying Orange, be gone.

Oh wow I agree criminalize the stupid video posters hahaha

I can't believe you guys are saying that. People like Annoying Orange are creating original content that is their own. If you don't like it, just don't watch it. But THAT element of youtube has allowed people to express themselves and to make money, rather than have to pander to a TV station. It may be crap half the time, but so what? Everyone knows it's just an average person in their home making these videos. Youtube was supposed to be about YOU putting your videos up, not a bunch of professionally made videos you can see so many other places.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Makes sense. Most of us have finally realized we are under Fascism. As long as people do not realize that millions of others are also ready to fight they will think its suicide to rise up, so the government has to control broad social networks to prevent this mass realization.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

I could see how lying about age could be an issue because someone may really be 15 but weight is NO one's business. Men and yes even some women will judge someone unfairly based upon their weight. I never tell anyone my true weight because; 1) I don't know it and 2) That is way too personal!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
So much for the Land of the Free!

Snake Plissken "land of the free"

I Wonder what The Group Anonymous do in this situation ?

George Orwell s 1984 is coming soon !

Don't forget There IS! a Society Like that Already a Whole Country Called North Korea !

One Act is Letting this All Happen !

The Patriot Act was Done at the Stroke of Midnight ! that took Half our Privacy On Freedom!
Thanks to Bush Jr and his Buddies!

George Bush Owned

The Country of America is in a How to catch a Pig Situation ! and the last piece of the Fence Closing In !

When are People going to wake up

Hell Lets Shut the Whole World Down While we are at it !

( Snake Shutting Down the World ! EMP ? )

My name is Plissken

Dumbing us down of the Knowledge !

Facebook and Google Censoring the Internet
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb

I think some people should be criminalized for what they post. How many times do you go to Youtube to find some sort of entertainment and then so much crap comes up. And now Youtube series and movies made for Youtube. People don't care about quality anymore, they are only concerned with quantity. Annoying Orange, be gone.

I can't believe you guys are saying that. People like Annoying Orange are creating original content that is their own. If you don't like it, just don't watch it. But THAT element of youtube has allowed people to express themselves and to make money, rather than have to pander to a TV station. It may be crap half the time, but so what? Everyone knows it's just an average person in their home making these videos. Youtube was supposed to be about YOU putting your videos up, not a bunch of professionally made videos you can see so many other places.

Not to start anything, but while you may like it, for others it is just mindless entertainment that draws people in because we live in a world that no longer cares about quality. All things like Annoying Orange is, it is mere visual stimulation, which is what most of Youtube provides.

I do have Youtube videos up of my own created content but I would not be so disrespectful to the viewer to provide them with something so mindnumbingly mindless.

But then again, if you like mindless entertainment, then by all means enjoy. But I really do not think people should have to witness the world's biggest pimple. Things like Annoying Orange may be fun for some people, but it just shows a lack of actual work and creativity. I guess you prefer constant visual rather than intellectual stimulation. But that being said, enjoy.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
WOW Just WoW It True Itt True

Welcome to 1984

1984 Apple's Macintosh Commercial

On January 24th, Apple Computer will introduce Macintosh. And you'll see why 1984 won't be like 1984

Was George Orwell Right ! ?

Kinda Ironic this happen just after Steve Jobs Death !

FireFox Google ! Protesting it!

edit on 16-11-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

The Kill Switch,, its about to Happen !

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Make lying online a crime, to anonymous users at that?

Sure, if the punishment is a fine.

Then we make politicians actually lying to their constituents, which is much more serious, get executed.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77
reply to post by Domo1

Sigh, I'm getting the feeling the occupy movement is serving more as a distraction than anything else. The more people are out on the street, the more news they will miss out.

Get a grip already. You're here passing out news on just how bad things are, while THEY are out spreading the word to everyone else who has no clue. THEY are helping wake up the masses and gaining news coverage, which is something nobody on the internet passing news around will ever do.

What is wrong with some people? Never satisfied with the efforts of people genuinely taking action while you sit at your computers and judge them. Shame on you!

If it weren't for REAL people protesting in the REAL world where real people flock (not just pseudopeople/user ids), this entire thing would have stayed underground, out of sight, out of mind.

I just cannot believe some people have more value in passing around news articles while sitting around inside, while real people are getting real attention and spreading their messages to people who otherwise would have never even known this "stuff" exists or was happening.

Pass around news articles all you want on ats. Your message only circulates to a very limited number of people who are ALREADY aware of how bad things are. The people who are protesting are doing far better by spreading a message to people who DON'T already know how bad things are.

I praise the protestors! Great job guys! Keep it up! Your time is better spent mostly out there than spending hours at your computers pretending to be important!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
What is you tube?

What is face book?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rekkie
What is you tube?

What is face book?

Mindless entertainment. Kind of like ATS becomes at times. BTW, I dislike having to add friends just to play games on Facebook. That is something we should protest, the endless "add friends as neighbors and then get 99 invites for Farmville".

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Wait a minute. So now corporation policies can be written into law? Next thing you know violating any terms of agreement with a corporation will be a criminal act. I suppose we should all become corporations and make our own rules.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
how did I know the title of the thread didn't tell the whole story ?

lol

the innerwebs is not a free zone where anything goes

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77
reply to post by Domo1

Sigh, I'm getting the feeling the occupy movement is serving more as a distraction than anything else. The more people are out on the street, the more news they will miss out.

The more people paying attention to the people in the streets also is part of the ploy. As much as I would like to see one of these protests make a difference it hasn't and it won't. The Gov didn't like it so they are now busting them up. So much for our right to assemble peacefully.

As for the internet law. . . It's going to be nearly impossible to prove who was at a console at any given time. Who is to say some j-hole isn't being a wise ass and posting falsities under someone else name. It happens all the time. While the law is crap, enforcement will be no cakewalk.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
The more people paying attention to the people in the streets also is part of the ploy. As much as I would like to see one of these protests make a difference it hasn't and it won't. The Gov didn't like it so they are now busting them up. So much for our right to assemble peacefully.

They won't? Well go off in a cave and do more of nothing.

If the protests were not effective in drawing public attention to important matters, then WHY is the government trying to break them apart as you say? There must be something powerful about them, otherwise they would just forget about them and pretend like they're not affecting people.

Just awful that some of you sit here on "the net" and complain ENDLESSLY about the state of things, but any actual ACTION taken to DO something about it...you view as futile! How messed up and hopeless! Keep doing nothing while others at least got off their butts to do what you probably are afraid to do!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

such a bad movie but so relevant, to bad in the future you might not get to link clips like this without having the feds pounding on your door. Man i miss the days off the bbs, so much simpler
edit on 16-11-2011 by Dyzan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb

Not to start anything, but while you may like it, for others it is just mindless entertainment that draws people in because we live in a world that no longer cares about quality. All things like Annoying Orange is, it is mere visual stimulation, which is what most of Youtube provides.

I do have Youtube videos up of my own created content but I would not be so disrespectful to the viewer to provide them with something so mindnumbingly mindless.

But then again, if you like mindless entertainment, then by all means enjoy. But I really do not think people should have to witness the world's biggest pimple. Things like Annoying Orange may be fun for some people, but it just shows a lack of actual work and creativity. I guess you prefer constant visual rather than intellectual stimulation. But that being said, enjoy.

I find nothing about Annoying Orange funny at all. I hate it. But I'm just saying, no one's forcing you to watch it. How can anyone be disrespectful to a viewer who has a choice whether to watch at all or not? People enjoy Annoying Orange. It's a JOKE! It's for kids. It's a comedy thing. It's make believe. There ARE some really stupid things on youtube that I occasionally find funny, but to me it's like Saturday Night Live or Kids in the Hall - it's a joke, not to be taken seriously.

My favorite movies are the Tree of Life, American Beauty and The Shipping News, all relatively serious movies. But I sometimes delight in a sense of the absurd and the incredibly stupid if it's done right. It's 2 minutes of your life IF you decide to watch it. So what? Youtube NEVER sold itself as a place for intelligent entertainment. The whole point was supposed to be people putting up their own videos. Which I think is great .

Here is something serious I did:

And here is something stupid I did:

I like to think of myself as capable of enjoying a range of things, and I do.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Hello great post
I think that that is ridiculous but i am not surprised its there way of silencing the TRUTH whats next are they going to criminalize the truth its crazy what they get away with but yet we are the bad ones for wanting to here the truth lying about your weight what a joke big brother wants to know your exact weight we the people need to stop this bull ****:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
You think they can make it happen on online dating sites? The last girl I met didn’t weight 110 pounds! She got the 1 mixed up with a 2! She also forgot to post a CURRENT pic of herself! Instead, she posted one that was 30 years old! I thought she was my mother! And I am 43 year old...!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join