It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Justice Department Wants To Criminalize Uploading You Tube Videos

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Well I'm not suprised whatsoever. I'm actually suprised they haven't done this already... Free information may wake the people up... They certainly do not want that... Loal

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

A corporation is not a person.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Such a thing would almost surely signal youtube's demise. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing : /

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Shouldn't it be youtube's job to police that. Aren't there a ton of wall street criminals to investigate?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

According to the law, it is...

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe the real reason for the whole OWS hype is for them to sneak in laws like this???

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
reply to post by Maxmars

A corporation is not a person.

www.straightdope.com...

...Most people have a general idea what corporations are. Some may even know that, for most of U.S. history, corporations have been considered "artificial persons." The concept isn't as nutty as it sounds. From a legal standpoint, corporations can do many of the same things that natural persons do--buy and sell property, hire and fire, sue and be sued, and so on.

What most people don't know is that after the above-mentioned 1886 decision, artificial persons were held to have exactly the same legal rights as we natural folk. (Not to mention the clear advantages corporations enjoy: they can be in several places at once, for instance, and at least in theory they're immortal.) Up until the New Deal, many laws regulating corporations were struck down under the "equal protection" clause of the 14th Amendment--in fact, that clause was invoked far more often on behalf of corporations than former slaves. Although the doctrine of personhood has been weakened since, even now lawyers argue that an attempt to sue a corporation for lying is an unconstitutional infringement on its First Amendment right to free speech.

Upon hearing a case involving the objections of a railroad company (Santa Clara County v. Southern Pacific Railroad Company) about being taxed by a different standard than other people... the judge made an 'ex-parte' comment. Such comments are meant to add color and expand explanations, but do not constitute law - they are "off-the-cuff" and are not part of the legal decision. EXCEPT in this case - the court clerk (J.C. Bancroft Davis) recorded the comment he made in the header of the case record, rendering it for all legal intents and purposes a precedent. (It bears noting that the clerk, Mr. Bancroft Davis, was also a former rail road company president.)

Since that time, the corporate world has propped up and reiterated the precedent over and over - as if to reinforce the accidental migration of 'artificial person' to have equivalent rights as a 'natural person.'

Yes Virginia, corporations are people. They can own things, sue people, have a nationality (when it suits them) or not (again, when it suits them) and most importantly - they have personal sovereignty which is more cherished by authorities and thus more protected than our own.... after all they limit liability so it's the perfect guise for commerce.

edit on 16-11-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
really it is so simple to by pass any and all so called internet laws why even china hasnt had total lock down on the net and they make no secret thats what they want.
come on people email youtube what ever if you feel the neeed to upload something conversial simly go down to starbucks and using there wiffi make what ever accounts facebook youtube put in what ever you want .
Big foot redwood lane 3rd bark ton the left .
then upload .
now unless teh internet police can respond to such a thing in under a hour .
Ever try getting a cop even in a car to your home? lol even living right next to the police station it can still atke 20 mints .
anyway so now the goon squad comes to starbucks ok well now what??? lol
or if you live in a larger nebierhood get every one to chip in and set up repeaters so every one is using the same roughter like the motles or even starbucks does .
now grante you they can find the nebierhood Given a month) but after that? 200 people who are using the same roughter then what.
you would think as much as you people use the net you would know how to keep your identy secret and even delite evry thing so it CANNOT be recovered .
Its called overwrighting for a reasion dont let these fear mongers convince you can delite stuff behond recovery

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Unbelievable.

Methinks the DoJ has nothing better to do, and creating new frivolous laws intended to be broken by everyday people ensures they stay busy and thus keeps them payed.

Can't grow and eat your own food.

Can't "lie" over the internet.

Can't import your own necessary generic drugs.

Ever notice how the Federal Government cracks down on you, punishes you, imprisons you, for finding a way to keep yourself happy when it's either too expensive or unrealistic to be so otherwise?

And yet they never offer realistic alternatives.

What use is a government that takes power away from its people?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
kinda smells like the "Fairness doctrine" they were trying to push when obama first jumped into office

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
On one hand , This is absolutely wrong. It goes against the basic foundation of america , freedom.
On the other hand , I want to see them try. Like someone else said , i think it's impossible to truly censor the internet. I mean in 2000 I think , they took down napster Look at how will that worked. You've got Megaupload , Rapidshare , Youtube. Thousands of website were you can actually get copyrighted music straight off your browser. Atleast with Napster you had to download a program. Now all you have to do is type in a website address.

I'm not even going to talk about VPNs and Proxy's because that's just putting more dirt on the coffin.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If this is the case then i get to ride the lightning due to my offenses

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

U.S. Justice Department Wants To Criminalize Uploading You Tube Videos

"U.S. Citizens Want To Criminalize U.S. Justice Department"

There. I like that headline better.
edit on 11/16/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Really, wow, Just like in China...

If this passes next will be facebook, then every social media will probably get the same treatment.

What will be criminal and what wont? Thats what worries me.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
In effect then, someone posting a video of, for example, themselves making a political statement criticising the sitting government and calling them out on criminal behaviour, could be jailed.
After all, the truth is what we are told it is, by those who break the laws and peddle untruths on a daily basis, but who will of course be immune from this new set of rules.

This just looks like another veiled attempt at full censorship by the government, to take back control of the flow of information. We have already seen many instances of YouTube and other content hosting sites taking down posted content due to supposed T&C violations, bowing to pressure from external parties, whether they be political or somehow influential in some other way.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
this is another one of those things the liberals want to pass in order to censor the bad coming out about them in recent.. well days look at the last 48 hours

Obama and the bailout (with NJ)

Pelosi's scandal

that solar company that ripped us all off..

I mean want me to keep going? This will NEVER come true... You realize eric holder has his hands full getting sued by medical marijuana patients in Cali (oh yeah that too)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Next thing we know there will be an Anon(CIA) attack on something relevant to push this to happen.

Has anyone watched Thrive yet? The internet is the next thing that TPTB need to control.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burnerz
Next thing we know there will be an Anon(CIA) attack on something relevant to push this to happen.

Has anyone watched Thrive yet? The internet is the next thing that TPTB need to control.

obama has the kill switch remember....

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by RisenAngel77

My thread didn't get much attention either.

I was surprised too. ATS is too busy Occupying Occupy threads perhaps.

Well you got 25 flags for it. That means at least 25 people read it. My last thread only got 7, but I don't worry about it.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think some people should be criminalized for what they post. How many times do you go to Youtube to find some sort of entertainment and then so much crap comes up. And now Youtube series and movies made for Youtube. People don't care about quality anymore, they are only concerned with quantity. Annoying Orange, be gone.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
"yawns" at those that think they are powerful...especially the real dangerous ones.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join