It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Justice Department Wants To Criminalize Uploading You Tube Videos

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

U.S. Justice Department Wants To Criminalize Uploading You Tube Videos

www.globalresearch.ca

The Department of Justice is attempting to criminalize uploading videos that break You Tube’s terms of service, along with any other online action that is deemed to contravene a website’s usage policy, in a shocking expansion of cybersecurity laws deemed draconian by critics.
Such violations would include creating a fake Facebook profile, lying about your weight on dating websites, or providing any other item of false information that violates a website’s TOS agreement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I Didn't see this posted anywhere, so I hope I am still able to post this one. But honestly, this doesn't surprise me one bit. I have been aware of ACTA in the past, and this is their way of trying to gain control of the net. But here we are in an economic crisis and these people only care about their profits.

If this doesn't awaken the rest of the internet, I don't know what will.

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It sounds like they want to make it illegal to break any Terms of Service while on the internet.
Are they going to try prosecuting those who break ATS's ToS someday?
Really, this story is just absurd. Doesn't the DoJ have something better to do?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

The "Law" seems to keep getting bigger, and bigger. While you and I seem to keep getting smaller and smaller...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/654f8b682d32.jpg[/atsimg]
Antony Perkins in Orson Wells film adaptation of Kafka's "The Trial".

Additional insight:
"Before The Law" - A Parable For These Strange Days In Which We Live, by Franz Kafka
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Unfortunately. The laws will continue to become more ridiculous as long as people allows it to.

Where is everyone at? This is big news that would impact us on a huge level. Normally threads like these would gain alot more attention. oO...

*sigh*

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

My thread didn't get much attention either.

I was surprised too. ATS is too busy Occupying Occupy threads perhaps.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Sigh, I'm getting the feeling the occupy movement is serving more as a distraction than anything else. The more people are out on the street, the more news they will miss out.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is absolutely ridiculous. Lying about weight? REALLY? Its my weight! I'll lie all I want! This is extremely infuriating to me, I cannot believe there are so few posts in this thread!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I actually think a thread about the occupy movement being a huge distraction would garner a lot of attention and interesting conversation. Perhaps you should start one. I'll definitely contribute for what it's worth.

Also; I wasn't trying to thread whore. I would be happy discussing the topic in here with you so as more people become aware of the issue. It's far more important than any e-accolades I would hope to attain.
edit on 15-11-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Risen Angel everytime I make a new e-mail address
I put false information.. Or sign up for websites to post a comment.

Why does hotmail and gmail need to know my
real name and address?

What is next they want your social?
edit on 15-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77

Sigh, I'm getting the feeling the occupy movement is serving more as a distraction than anything else. The more people are out on the street, the more news they will miss out.

Maybe that is why is has been let to go on for so long.
edit on 11/15/2011 by fixer1967 because: messed up quote

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Celestica
This is absolutely ridiculous. Lying about weight? REALLY? Its my weight! I'll lie all I want! This is extremely infuriating to me, I cannot believe there are so few posts in this thread!

That is the part that mindboggled me the most. You would basically become a criminal by simply lying about your own weight.

Now that I think about it, this would make a lot of women angry. Tho chances are they would leave the weight part blank instead. But there are thousands of people who don't post personal information online due to privacy concerns and possibility of identity theft.

Originally posted by Domo1

I actually think a thread about the occupy movement being a huge distraction would garner a lot of attention and interesting conversation. Perhaps you should start one. I'll definitely contribute for what it's worth.

Erhm I'll pass. Another thread like that would also be a distraction

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

They already want you cell phone number half the time. I think the next step will be govt. issued internet id numbers honestly.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Off course they want it to be illegal. or at least, legally actionable.....

Incorrect information about virtual people leads to databases and actuarial tables that can't engender efficient exploitation and profit!

Only the youngest of today's citizens seem to think that what is on the "cold-hearted orb," "data box," or otherwise worshiped as "The Internet" MUST be certifiable "reality".

Only Big media is allowed to lie. Or is that the government (maybe they're compelled)? Oh, what's the difference?.....

Oh yeah... people aren't corporations in our world... although corporations are people....

(Welcome to the Soylent future that is Rollerball. - THX1138)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

A coalition of free speech organizations from across the political spectrum, including the ACLU, Americans for Tax Reform, the Electronic Frontier Foundation, and FreedomWorks have joined forces to oppose the move, savaging the proposed changes as an affront to Internet anonymity in a letter to the Senate.

“If a person assumes a fictitious identity at a party, there is no federal crime,” the letter states. “Yet if they assume that same identity on a social network that prohibits pseudonyms, there may again be a CFAA violation. This is a gross misuse of the law.”

www.globalresearch.ca...

I know our government is desperate into censoring information on the internet; they cannot stand for uploaded videos that proved them (our gov )are breaking the laws and stomping on our constitutional rights.
The corruption runs so deep in congress and the justice department as much video evidence proves this.
Anything to crush free speech, all these people behind this policy should to be thrown out of office they are a disgrace to the United States and the Constitution.

edit on 15-11-2011 by impressme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Risen Angel everytime I make a new e-mail address
I put false information.. Or sign up for websites to post a comment.

Why does hotmail and gmail need to know my
real name and address?

What is next they want your social?
edit on 15-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Dont give them any ideas ok?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
How about using their stupid law against them:

It is against the Terms and Service of this website for government agencies or employees thereof to gather information on members of this site without producing a warrant authorizing such acts and written notification of what information is being pursued and the reason for such......

I'm sure an ATS member with legal background could come up with a good one for ATS.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Did you know there is a hearing for this on wednesday.... but the only companies invited are those that are pro-copywrite.

Well.... nothing like a fair hearing that listens to both sides of the coin eh?

Ahhhh.. america... you've done it again!

Wont be long before US ass kissers UK have done it too.. sigh.. its the end of the net as we know it.

This said... it would be nice for chicks who lie about their age and weight on dating sites to finaly get their trials in court for wasting us guys sweet time!

"the last comment was a joke just in case the sarcasm took a nose dive"

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What they means is, is that they want to control the content of what we see. You Tube has become perhaps the greatest tool for information that has ever existed.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Oh Crap!

Does this mean that LOLcats will be outlawed because cats don't really talk like that?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join