It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if they decided to show up in orbit tomorrow?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FLaKK

Thank you for your input on this subject. Also welcome to A.T.S.!

It's nice to see a fellow Member, a New Member at that post a comment on a thread that wasn't just another snarky remark or an attempt to put the OP's thread down. Some of our other Members, Members that have been here for a while, seem to have forgotten what A.T.S. is about. It’s nice to see a New Member that gets it.

I feel that when we fail to ask the "what if's" we will never know what could be.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The reaction of the people really depends on how they reveal themselfs. Decloaking motherships above every major city around the world wouldn´t give the best impression i guess. A fleet of spaceships surrounding earth would also raise suspiscion. I´m curious how the governments would react now that the cat is out of the box and if they are going to tell us that they knew this day would come and we made contact long time ago and we don´t have to be scared. I don´t think they would want to invade us because there is no real good reason why they waited so long. You don´t wait for your enemy to get stronger and stronger. You attack when he is weak and vulnerable. Of course their technlogy would be far superior than ours but history showed many times what mankind is really capable off.

But it´s just speculation until the day has finally come. It´s interesting to think about the what ifs but the truth is nobody knows what the government is hiding. There is the possibility that they are monitoring a large fleet that´s heading towards earth right now and they already predicted their arrival date. Who knows? The secrecy is #ing annoying....

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Unless THEY did something to reassure us, there would be mass panic if they just appeared in our skies. No matter how prepared you might think you are, thousands of unknown crafts hovering in orbit would be scary as hell. I sincerely hope this isn't the way they do it.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
What if millions upon millions of these aliens show up one day because they exhausted all their resources and are looking for refugee status and were the only habitable place left ?? We would be up the creek then !!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
One thing that bugs me is the people who think that IF there is intelligent life out there, and they have the capability to travel to us, they will be hostile. The way I see it is that if any civilisation gets that advanced, then they haven't blown themselves up in wars and chances are they aren't hostile.

If they are out there, I would love to see it in my lifetime, at the very least, our scientists/astronomers find undeniable evidence that an advanced civilisation is out there, even if they can't reach us.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikemck1976
What if SETI received a signal that was from an intelligent source that was not background noise from a star, pulsar or just the natural sounds from deep space in general? There would be no better way to pull the people of earth together, no better way for us to put aside all are petty differences than to know that we are not alone.

Maybe this will be our chance to better humanity as a whole.

It will take far more than a reported signal from space to "pull the people of Earth together", lol. Your talking about pulling the entire planet together in peace and love........over a simple received signal. Not going to happen. On this planet we have societies that have put men on the moon and societies that still live in mud huts...and yet others that think it is o.k. to kill people that believe in a different "god" than they do. No way to unite them that easily.

What if they decided to show up in orbit tomorrow and make themselves known to all of earth? What would they find? What would they think of us? What if they have been looking for us as much as we have been looking for them? What if they are as lost as we are?

This would be the preferable way I think. That way you bypass any sort of official media or government filter and get things straight from the horses mouth. After a brief short panic period, life would go on and things would slowly change as we learn more about each other. But still, the people of Earth wouldn't be holding hands singing hippies peace songs because some aliens showed up and public dialogue began. It would suck if they have been searching for life over thousands of years and we are the only ones they have found. That would mean life is more rare than we thought or the universe is much bigger than we thought. On second thought, maybe if they said we are the first they have found after searching for so long would be a good thing for the people of earth....it would show how precious life is, and how foolish most of us are about wasting it on stupid things like war/religion/politics, etc.

How would you think they would feel about us when they get here and find us behaving like spoiled children with no accountability for our own actions?

I don't think it would surprise them. They are obviously very smart (smart enough to get here) and would have a basic understanding of how societies like ours progress through certain stages. Heck, they probably went through it themselves. If their history and current society was so far different from ours, then communication between us and them would be virtually impossible on any meaningful level anyway.

What they would find that we a race that can’t even get along with each other, let alone a race that would be able to except or get along with another race from outside our own planet. \

Ah, well then they will just turn around and leave, lol.

Would they still want to meet us?

Not likely. But they may want to eat us.

Would they be able to recognize that in spite of all the evils that they would see on this world that there is still good in us? Would they see that we have the potential to accomplish many great things? Would they be able to see our ability to love?

Well, sure they would. Like I said above....if their society progressed through vaguely similar stages then the answer to your questions above is sure they would.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
What if millions upon millions of these aliens show up one day because they exhausted all their resources and are looking for refugee status and were the only habitable place left ?? We would be up the creek then !!

We could take in a few million why not.

You ever see alien nation?

Plus they would probably have tech to make our lives a heck of a lot easier (did I just say heck damn you ats!)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I would be happy as hell...

until I heard "resistance is futile"

But really, yeh, I want off this rock. I don't like Earth much anymore.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Although I like to play around with this idea I really really really hate the fact that everyone wishes and hopes for intervention by some random beings rather than look around for solutions in the here and now. Outside of that I think that if they arrived in orbit the govt would probably place everything on lock down until its intentions were found out.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
In my personal reality, I believe anything that can happen .. will happen or has happened.

Is it really so far fetched to believe that there are other life forms out there?

I fancy the day that we as people are rescued from the clutches of evil men. I do not hate our species, but I weep that we can not come together to see the bigger picture. We are not Americans, Asians, Africans etc...

WE ARE EARTHLINGS! HUMANS! we are one in a vast universe of many.

When ever I see angry, stressed, depressed, lost or drugged out people.. I ask them..

"Have you ever stopped everything ... to just look up?"

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

Looking up on a clear night does make you wonder, and i can't believe the number of extra solar planets we have so far discovered and that's just within our own solar neighbourhood of stars. Wiki quotes: -
As of November 14, 2011, 701 extrasolar planets (in 576 planetary systems and 82 multiple-planet systems) have been identified.

I'm not saying any of these harbour advanced forms of intelligent life but it does further increase the possibilities.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join