It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cain mistake blamed on being sleepy lolol - if you want to be potus bud get used to it!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
BBC news

Can anyone take seriously as a candidate for POTUS someone who says he made a mistake of this magnitude because he is tired?

Impeachment trial:: I only said launch the nuke cos I was tired, I actually meant no don't really, just had my thoughts all in the wrong order.

What a total tit.

Herman Cain's campaign says he had not slept enough when he stumbled on an interview question about Libya. Mr Cain appeared confused as he discussed President Barack Obama's policy on Libya in an interview with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. He said he had "all this stuff twirling around in my head". The clip has been compared with Texas Governor Rick Perry's memory lapse last week in a televised debate. Mr Cain dismissed the stumble, saying: "I paused so I could gather my thoughts." His spokesman, JD Gordon, explained that Mr Cain had only had four hours of sleep because of his busy campaign schedule. The Georgia businessman was asked on Monday whether he agreed with President Obama's decision to back Libyan rebels in overthrowing Muammar Gaddafi. "I do not agree with the way he handled it for the following reason," Mr Cain said during the interview, which was videotaped. "Uh, nope that's, that's a different one," he said, fidgeting in his chair. "See, I got to go back, see, got all this stuff twirling around in my head. Specifically what are you asking me, did I agree or not disagree with Obama?" Mr Cain's interview has gone viral, as did Governor Perry's inability in a live TV debate last week to recall all three federal agencies he would eliminate. Also on Monday, the ex-boyfriend of a woman who accuses Mr Cain of sexual harassment made a public statement to corroborate her story. Sharon Bialek is one of four women alleging inappropriate behaviour from Mr Cain but the only woman who has gone public with her accusation. Mr Cain has denied all the allegations and said he never met Ms Bialek.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

This is a very reasonable reason. Yes, if he wants to be President he has to get used to it, but he is a year off from having to be fully used to it.

I don't get the hype about all of this. We ALL forget things we were saying, some of us on a daily basis. We walk into rooms and forget why we were there. Nobody's memory is perfect.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thenewguy1987

It's not memory, they said do you agree with Obama and his backing for the rebels, he immediately replied No.

What did he have to remember?!?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
He must get his lines from good ol' Bush! This guy just lost all credibility, as if he had any to start with..
what a joke. A job like that (POTUS) I'm guessing you only get about 4 to 6 (if you're lucky) hours of sleep on a regular basis.
edit on 15/11/11 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I can forgive a candidate for making a flub, or a memory lapse. Parry's flub of not being able to remember which department he'd like to axe wasn't that big a deal - although it does indicate he had to be coached on those talking points as opposed to being something he actually believes in (Ron Paul could name those departments easily and probably another 5 he'd like to axe).

Cain's flub is different, Libya has been at the forefront of our concerns for several months now, and Cain had no clue what the USA's policy is regarding Libya, let alone what his policy would be. He had to ask the reporter what Obama's position was just so he could strike a contrarian pose and say the opposite. His lack of preparation on these issues is appalling.

He is a comedian. He has no business applying for the job of POTUS along the likes of Ron Paul or even Newt Gingrich.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm sincerely beginning to believe that the GOP has no intentions what-so-ever of taking "control" of the white house next election. The choices they offer as their "mainstream" candidates seem to be making some pretty elementary mistakes if they truly wanted to have a successful campaign.

There are a lot of concerns I have about Republicans after seeing their response to the claims about Cain's past behavioral issues. The fact that Republicans infused his campaign with even more money after these alligations should demonstrate to some degree their value for womens' rights. Yes, in the past they have elevated women in politics, Sarah Palin comes to mind. But look at her cognitive abilities. Republicans were prepared to have her as vice president, but she could not finish one term as governor of the least populated state in the union, and certainly had integrity issues. But in her defense, so do most people in politics.

Cain's train wreck was unfortunate. As I watched it I honestly thought he was having a stroke or a series of mini-strokes with his facial impression, eyes, and not being able to focus. There could be other factors we are not informed of, I am sure.

I don't think being tired was the only variable, but it may have been one. Personally, I would strongly consider cancelling a public appearance if I was not in good enough condition to focus. Either way, I doubt Herman Cain, or any Republican, will be occupying the white house in 2013. Having said that, I'm not sure I consider Ron Paul to be a Republican. I'm not sure the Republicans do either, unless it suits them to try to suck in his supporters. Again, my opinion.

【ツ】 & ☮ - ILikeStars

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

You're wrong. Go back and watch the video.

He looks obviously confused, then makes sure he understands the question being asked, said he didn't agree, asked for more clarification, then said he would've "assessed the situation differently, which could've caused us to be in the same place"

His answer is playing the political game. He would've done something similar than Obama but can't say that directly because the game doesn't allow that if he wants to stay in the race.

If he says he was tired and that was the reason for the flub (if you would even call it that) a reasonable person would have no reason to think differently.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thenewguy1987

I sort of agree with your stance on these types of gaffs. I know I personally have messed up my opinion of some matters when being questioned about them. If asked a question whether I disagreed with Obama about Lybia I might reply YES; however, I might also have reason to say NO. The English language is clumsy especially when being questioned. It is easy to sound contradictory when inside our own head we perceive the question differently then it is being asked. I would not condemn a person for answering a question in a contradictory manner. However, I do know that when someone does answer this way, it usually means they do not fully agree with their own statement. In other words, if you are answering a yes or no question you might answer either yes or no because explaining and justifying all the reasons surrounding that answer might take incredibly long.

I personally do not like Obama as a President, but if I was asked if I agree with some of his policies I would respond YES. If I was asked do I support Obama's war in Lybia I might say yes, but would also need another question to state that NO I do not agree that Obama had authorization according to the Constitution to engage in that war. I might answer YES I would like to see Casey Anthony needs to be put to death, but may answer another question YES the system of justice worked in the trial of Casey Anthony.

Sometimes people have different reasons to agree or disagree with a question. Fumbling alone does not convince me that a person is being deceptive. What does convince me is over a period of time in which that persons entire position changes. Or when logic does not hold up to all their statements.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
What happened to Cain just admitting he was a dumb*ss, like he said he would.

Remember Ubekibekibekistan?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Being tired was an excuse...I mean..who really buys being tired as a reason to say you would nuke another country?

He's pandering like he always does, telling one thing to one crowd and something else to another.

Herman Cain is infamous for this now.

How many topics has he flopped on so far? abortion, war, immigration, so many things. His brain conveniently shuts out different memories when he's speaking to different people.

you guys really buy that?

One thing I give Cain credit for is that he's a great presence on stage, of course he is a motivational speaker. He soaks in the question, tells you generally what he thinks of it and lays down the points one by one. This is why he currently holds the establishment/dumb vote. People think they understand him and that he understands all the issues while bringing in 'executive' experience.

Perry was the 'wonder of the week' because of the success of Texas during the recession.

Newt is up next because he sounds smart in the debates.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You know what I would love to hear a politician admit? Just once? You know what I would love to hear a politician say just once?

"I don't know".

You know why? Because it would be honest and I can respect that more than just BSing your way through it.

That does not mean I would vote for some one who does not know.... But I have much more respect for a person who admits they don't know, then try to say something with out offering an actual answer in an attempt to make it look as if they do know....

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

That is what Cain originally said he would do.
With his Ubekibekibeki remark.

As for this situation. Sean Hannity is on it to save the day for the idiot vote.

crooksandliars.com...

What is funny is that the people that would actually vote for him, don't care if he comments on his ignorance. They would still vote for him without this explanation.

"that's Israel's decision" what happened to Palestinians? No choice in the matter?
Cain's and idiot. Next.

top topics

join