It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Sent to Alabama By His Ashamed Father.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
So why did Bush serve in Alabama during the Vietnam War ?

It was revealed by a one time close friend of the Bush family, Linda Allison,that George W was a drunken liability that threatened his fathers political ambitions and so the family pulled strings to get him out off Texas quickly.

Before Karl Rove, Lee Atwater or even James Baker, the Bush family's political guru was a gregarious newspaper owner and campaign consultant from Midland, Texas, named Jimmy Allison. In the spring of 1972, George HW Bush phoned his friend and asked a favour: Could Allison find a place on the Senate campaign he was managing in Alabama for his troublesome eldest son, the 25-year-old George W Bush?
"The impression I had was that Georgie was raising a lot of hell in Houston, getting in trouble and embarrassing the family, and they just really wanted to get him out of Houston and under Jimmy's wing," Allison's widow, Linda, told me. "And Jimmy said, 'Sure.' He was so loyal."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.guardian.co.uk...

No doubt there will be a great deal more revelations about the Bush "missing years" in the coming weeks now that the gloves are well and truly off.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
.....It's Bout Time! DING DING DING!!
The biggest failure of a military tactician or a political one is to misread the environmental conditions.
Currently, Team Rove is running a 2000 replay. Only, Kerry is not Gore. He does not suffer fools gladly. He won't take the high road after someone goes for his knees.
More importantly, Team LEFT ( Democrats, et all believing the two party system is the only immmediate solution to the Bush immediate threat ) wants an eye for an eye. The drive to divide the nation has never been stronger from a sitting president since Lincoln, all those outside of the Rove Republican base have withered from not only a lack of attention on the issues dear to them, but a constant drive to displace them completely.

A fight? Most def!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
yes more....we want more truth.... more truth.... pleaseeee....
tell it bull...(no pun intended)...
let the truth rain down on the bush mans head...
let us read of the lost days, the coc aine binges, the frat parties, the early summer vacations with the bin ladens.... the girl firends that think he was a selfish lover... (well, maybe we don't need to know that...)
but we have heard all about the things that Kerry did during his "lost years" and they were actually not so bad... quite proud of the guy for saying what he felt needed to be said, regardless of how popular it was. I think that should be a required charachteristic.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Didn't I hear a while back that Bush had forced a girl he'd got pregnant to have an abortion around that time.

Man! If that's true and comes out then W will really be strung up for the hypocrit he really is.

Anyone have any imfo on that ??

[edit on 3-9-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
the missing years GWB in 73
Funny
Graphic not suitable for young viewers or Republicans
link below
GWB in73 Realplayer format
3:14 long

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Yeah bring them on, I mean the news, I am very interested to know how bush was in his younger missing years too.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
As much as I admire your resolve to oust the jerk(s) in the White House, I�m a little more skeptical. I just saw a poll (can�t remember who conducted it) on MSNBC, and it had Bush in the lead over Kerry by 11 percentage points � it was Bush 52, Kerry 41, Nader 3.

The obvious lack of intelligence of the average America (I�m American), combined with their shoot �em up mentality and blatant arrogance will likely assure Bush�s re-election. It�s a bold testimony to our stupidity that most American�s viewed Zell Miller�s angry, yet comical, performance the other night as �inspired� and �powerful�. It goes to show, we humans can rationalize anything we choose to, no matter how outrageous. If we decide that cows can fly, then by God, cows will fly. American�s have chosen to ignore what a disasterous job George W has done the last 4 years, what a danger he is to our society and the rest of the world, that the national debt is growing dangerously out of control, that the poor are getting poorer and the rich are getting richer, that more and more people have no medical coverage, that we were blatantly lied to in order to invade and occupy a country simply to satisfy George W�s personal agenda at the expense of 1,000 young American�s lives so far, that 3 years after 9/11 those responsible have not been brought to justice (What happened to Osama bin Laden?), that our fealess leader was a drunken draft dodger and that the rest of the world now hates and fears us. Considering what it now represents, it�s getting to where I�m ashamed to be an American.

So, as much as I hope the Bush campaign of fear tactics, lies, contempt and mud-slinging comes crashing down over their self-righteous heads, I doubt it will. Americans are too lame to allow that to happen. We�re too much in love with being lied to and abused.

I really hate being so negative, but the happy, prosperous days of the Clinton years are over and the repressed, war mongering, police state times of George Bush are upon us. It will take a generation or more to right the wrongs commited by this foul and greedy administration. I think it�s a sad day in the history of a once great nation �

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by netbound
As much as I admire your resolve to oust the jerk(s) in the White House, I�m a little more skeptical. I just saw a poll (can�t remember who conducted it) on MSNBC, and it had Bush in the lead over Kerry by 11 percentage points � it was Bush 52, Kerry 41, Nader 3.

For any interested, this poll result is from TIME. Here's the link:

www.time.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
And it also looks like he hasn't lost the drinking habit too. Remember when he was choaking "beacuse of a nut" ?? My two cents are that he was drunk and passed out.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This is what the Guardian says about transfers in the AirNG:

Yet, after receiving unusual permission to transfer to the Alabama Guard from Texas, Bush has produced no evidence he showed up for service for anything other than a dental exam.
www.guardian.co.uk...

This is what a Commander of the AirNG has to say about the same subject:

The change was the result of Bush's decision to go to Alabama to work on the Senate campaign of Republican Winton Blount. With an obligation to the Guard, Bush asked to perform equivalent service in Alabama. That was not an unusual request, given that members of the Guard, like everyone else, often moved around the country. "It was a common thing," recalls Brigadier General Turnipseed. "If we had had a guy in Houston, he could have made equivalent training with Bush's unit. It was so common that the guy who wrote the letter telling Bush to come didn't even tell me about it."
www.nationalreview.com...

Here's some more research on the topic from reputable news sources:

www.washtimes.com...

www.washtimes.com...

www.straightdope.com...

www.cnn.com...

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 04/9/3 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

join