It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Faces Heart Surgery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by nativeokie

Bush Suporters boo Clinton health

There really is no excuse for this kind of behavior. I have seen only one report of this and while I have seen clips of Bush making the announcement, there were no audible boos.

I didnt hear any either so unless they edited it out it didnt happen

If it did its shameful

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
It was the Associated Propagandists, Knight Ridder newspapers, etc RANT.....

PS -NOBODY fell for the georgewbush.com spam the nation's newspapers scam harder than Knight Ridder.

I know. I contacted all of them that printed the fake "letter to the editor" BY BUSH from "real local people" :shk:

"America has a choice:" indeed.

Careful who you call a propagandit Seekerof. You may be right.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by RANT]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Does anyone really think that's how news organizations name pages?

Audience_boos_as_Bush_offers_bP.shtml?

I mean seriously. They use numeric code for story number. That page IS NOT REAL. Please if anyone can prove me wrong. I'd love a scoop on AP.

But I think someone inside "boston.com" is to blame...or someone related.

I will find out. Contacting Boston.com now.

I just looked at how they name their other stories....

For example:

www.boston.com...

I guess they do name their stories that way.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

And nothing on Drudge which would love to slam AP

Actually, it is on Drudge now.

please link. They send me to the retort page automatically.

???

It's the thrid item down from the middle column.

www.drudgereport.com...

AP CLAIMS: 'AUDIENCE OF THOUSANDS BOOS' AFTER BUSH WISHES CLINTON 'SPEEDY RECOVERY'; 'Bush did nothing to stop them'...

THEN RETRACTS: [BC-Bush-Clinton, 1st Ld-Writethru,150 Bush offers best wishes for Clinton's recovery Eds: SUBS lead to include reference to surgery. DELETES 3rd graf previous, Bush's audience, because of uncertainty about crowd reaction.]... 'APPLAUSE' NOTED BY LOCAL MEDIA FOR EX-PREZ... AUDIO... DEVELOPING...

[edit on 3-9-2004 by loam]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
AP...AP....Associated Propagandists....AP....AP....:

Presidential Elections - AP

Bush Offers Best Wishes for Clinton

the first version-Version 1

The first version is where it all began...you know RANT....the "AP" lie spread, then the rage within the internet anti-Bush boards, etc.....

Boston Globe (Boston.com) is still carrying first version....

Drudge and Instapundit are calling it the same as I and others are...an "AP" lie....

Wait....just happened upon this lil' web blog that may aid in smashing/debunking another anti-Bush lie.
AP Bias Strikes Again

....so I guess it is now safe to say that this "AP" LIE has now made its way through to web blogs.....

seekerof

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Does anyone really think that's how news organizations name pages?

Audience_boos_as_Bush_offers_bP.shtml?

I mean seriously. They use numeric code for story number. That page IS NOT REAL. Please if anyone can prove me wrong. I'd love a scoop on AP.

But I think someone inside "boston.com" is to blame...or someone related.

I will find out. Contacting Boston.com now.

I just looked at how they name their other stories....

For example:

www.boston.com...

I guess they do name their stories that way.

Could be right. BUT there's differences. No bP.shtml on the obviously real story and look at the differences in the pages. HUGE.

Color, picture, layout, by line from author at AP. AP graphic logo.

HUGE differences.

Does ANYONE have that drudge link, please? drudge.com doesn't show it for me.
[EDIT: thanks Loam. I always forget the main one. ]

E-mailed editor btw.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by RANT]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
www.drudgereport.com...

AP CLAIMS: 'AUDIENCE OF THOUSANDS BOOS' AFTER BUSH WISHES CLINTON 'SPEEDY RECOVERY'; 'Bush did nothing to stop them'...

THEN RETRACTS: [BC-Bush-Clinton, 1st Ld-Writethru,150 Bush offers best wishes for Clinton's recovery Eds: SUBS lead to include reference to surgery. DELETES 3rd graf previous, Bush's audience, because of uncertainty about crowd reaction.]... 'APPLAUSE' NOTED BY LOCAL MEDIA FOR EX-PREZ... AUDIO... DEVELOPING...

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Drudge shows it.... in the middle column second and third articles down:

TrueLies posted this

seekerof

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
So did I read the President's speech right? He never even mentioned Clinton?

What a huge frailin' mess.

That Drudge thing is confusing me.

I think we're seeing a fake "AP" release, then the real story noted as "AP retracts" (in which case shame on Matt Drudge).

Is that your impression guys, or are we still thinking this could be a real AP release? I'm really stumped.

If we can we should pop this open and write up it up on ATSNN to debunk all the mess being tossed around this one. But I'm still not sure what the truth is...except that nobody boo'ed.

I think we just redefined NONTROVERSY.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I, myself am a registered Republican, and it's very sad that anyone,

especially of my own party to "boo" our former President in the light of a

serious condition. I listened to Pres. Bush address this news a bit ago and

he and his audience seemed concerned about the health of Bill Clinton. I

may not have agreed with him, but I'd never wish anything detrimental

upon the man. And I hope no one else from my party would wish any

neither.

My prayers are also with him and his family.

May his operation be a successful one with speedy recovery.

At least he's got a good sense of humor.

He told Larry King a while ago that the Rebuclicans weren't the only ones

looking for 4 more years.

Get well.

P.S. I had heard both, Bush and Kerry, deliver a message. It seemed that

Bush and his audience were somber and Kerry and his audience were

unruly. Did any one else catch or notice this?

[edit on 3/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
My original intent with this thread was to draw attention to the former President's condition and to ask our members to remember him in our thoughts and prayers. I hope that we don't allow the politics of the issue to distract us from the real importance of Mr. Clinton's health.

[edit on 04/9/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
My original intent with this thread was to draw attention to the former President's condition and to ask our members to remember him in our thoughts and prayers. I hope that we don't allow the politics of the issue to distract us from the real importance of Mr. Clinton's health.

[edit on 04/9/4 by GradyPhilpott]

I agree 100%

Thanks for bringing it back to topic Grady

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I think it's sad that with all the news going on in the world the media has to come up with a story like this.

Clinton Surgery Puts Attention on Death Rate
By LAWRENCE K. ALTMAN

The hospital where former President Bill Clinton awaits bypass surgery has the highest death rate for the operation in New York State, according to the state's Health Department. While the death rate is quite low - fewer than 4 percent of all bypass operations - it is still nearly double the average for hospitals in the state that perform bypasses.

Full Story: www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
back to the original subject of this post.
I suppose Pres. Clinton is undergoing his bypass about now and he's certainly in my prayers. I would be praying for Pres. Bush if he were in the same circumstances. While doctors always catergorize these operations as "routine", they certainly aren't "routine" for the patient and family. Having gone through this in my own family, I know the fear, desperation,and helplessness that one feels while submitting their loved one to such major surgery.

I'm sure that we are all big enough humans to wish Clinton the best in this surgery...regardless of political or personal views of him.
Here's to a good outcome.
joey

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey
While doctors always catergorize these operations as "routine", they certainly aren't "routine" for the patient and family. I'm sure that we are all big enough humans to wish Clinton the best in this surgery...regardless of political or personal views of him.

Some may throw about the term "routine" regarding surgery, but in actuality there is no such thing a "routine" surgery, unless you are a surgeon who performs surgery routinely. Anytime a patient is given general anesthesia, there is the possiblity of fatal complications. Anytime you re-route the patients blood supply while the patients heart is being whittled at, the is the chance of fatal complications.

Even if MDs consider a surgery to be routine, their attorneys do not. If you haven't had surgery yourself, just ask a clerk at a hospital sometimes to show you the stack of waivers you have to sign before going under the knife.

[edit on 04/9/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Great news! The former president's surgery was a success and may be released from the hospital as early as THIS WEEK!!

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I think it's sad that with all the news going on in the world the media has to come up with a story like this.

Full Story: www.nytimes.com...

And this is the most disgusting part of the article. Can you imagine some idiotic reporter asking a family member how they feel about this statistic?

The Clinton family had no comment on the Health Department's statistical profile, which showed that the hospital, Columbia-Presbyterian Center of New York-Presbyterian Hospital, had a 3.93 percent overall death rate for coronary bypass surgery in 2001, the latest year for which data were available. Mr. Clinton, 58, has been a patient at the hospital since Friday.

Of course, anyone with a entry-level course in research methodology knows that statistics don't tell the whole story and that variables must be taken into account. It very well could be that the hospital has a reputation for being the best and that because of this they operate on the very worst cases and thereby have a higher mortality rate.

This is a good example of why I consider journalists to be one notch below personal injury lawyers.

[edit on 04/9/7 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join