It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Faces Heart Surgery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Sep 3, 2004 2:28 pm US/Central
NEW YORK (CBS) Former President Bill Clinton checked himself into a New York City hospital Friday after complaining of chest pains and will soon undergo bypass surgery, his office announced.

A statement from Mr. Clinton's office said he suffered chest pains and shortness of breath Thursday afternoon and went to Northern Westchester Hospital near his home in Chappaqua, N.Y.

He spent the night at home, but was admitted into the New York Presbyterian Hospital after an angiogram Friday revealed "significant blockage," a Democratic official said.

wcco.com...

Let us remember the former President in our prayers.

[edit on 04/9/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
My prayers are also with him. It was good to hear Bush speak kindly of him and wish him well (they have said they like each other). It was sad though that in a crowd of thousands attending the Bush rally so many boo'ed when he made the announcement.

Bush Suporters boo Clinton health

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie

Bush Suporters boo Clinton health

There really is no excuse for this kind of behavior. I have seen only one report of this and while I have seen clips of Bush making the announcement, there were no audible boos.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Actually I just found out that he was in the hospital, I am surprised, whoa!!!!!!!!!He has always strikes me as very healthy.

I know a lot of people will be vigilant after all is in NY.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Thats partisan politics for you. Ideology takes precedence over compassion and decency. I'd be willing to bet Dems would do the same if Bush were hospitalised.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Goes to show how hateful and contemptuous Americans are becoming. It's part of the general mentality these days. Americans are becoming a very angry, hostile and arrogant people. It's a disgrace. The rest of the world just shakes their collective heads in disbelief when they hear about these things ...

I wish Bill Clinton well. He was the last intelligent President we've had. He had a global view of things, rather than the isolationist one being cultivated now. I wish he was still President. Too bad only 2 terms are allowed ...

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Looks like it is a pretty serious operation although many doctors have said today it is routine with only a 1-2% mortality rate.

I also hope he recovers. I personally still hope he will be named Secretary General of the UN once Anan is out. Best job for a young ex president in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I watched the Bush speech and heard the boos. It was pathetic and sickening...they gave more of a cheer for the Russians, then they did our former President.

The state of politics in America today is a sad, frightening, discouraging affair. What will bring back unity? Is it even possible?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Its sad when people partake at anothers ill-health.

He'll be in my prayers tonight.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Last news item I saw about this was a live feed to NYC.

Seems Clinton had a rather heavy heartattack and is scheduled to undergo quadruple bypass surgery tomorrow.

My father had a Triple bypass last year and is still recovering.
His chances of survival seemed bleaque at first, they had to revive him 6 times in 3 days after the operation. After wich he spent 3 weeks in a deep coma.

I hope Clinton makes it and will be able to recover faster then my father.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
There really is no excuse for this kind of behavior. I have seen only one report of this and while I have seen clips of Bush making the announcement, there were no audible boos.

GradyPhilpott:

I have on occasion disagreed with some of your posts. However, I have come to respect your intellectual honesty. Im glad you are offended by this behavior. It demonstrates that there are still those who can separate issues of politics from issues of humanity.

Take heed demagogues and ideologs of blind politicism! Be careful what you do to principles of democracy. Those who booed are on a dangerous and destructive path.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm sorry but you folks are believing in an AP lie......
Amazing how the power of the media, the same media that many of you claim to be against being that "it" runs us "sheeple", seems to have you all fooled again, eh?

The proof is in the audio folks....

seekerof

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
AP CLAIMS: 'AUDIENCE OF THOUSANDS BOOS' AFTER BUSH WISHES CLINTON 'SPEEDY RECOVERY'; 'Bush did nothing to stop them'...

THEN RETRACTS: [BC-Bush-Clinton, 1st Ld-Writethru,150 Bush offers best wishes for Clinton's recovery Eds: SUBS lead to include reference to surgery. DELETES 3rd graf previous, Bush's audience, because of uncertainty about crowd reaction.]... 'APPLAUSE' NOTED BY LOCAL MEDIA FOR EX-PREZ... AUDIO... DEVELOPING...

READ ALL OF IT BEFORE YOU POST PARTISAN VIEWPOINTS...

THIS IS TYPICAL LIBERAL MEDIA SPINNING IT TO MAKE THE PRES LOOK BAD...

WHAT HORSE#

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Thank you TrueLies....

Here's an MP3 feed:
AP "boo" lie

And here's a link to the video:
You peeps believe anything thats against Bush

seekerof

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
That "AP" link looked weak in the first place, so I didn't chime in.

I don't think it was really AP. Did you notice the redirect from the Boston Globe?

Some kind of tampering with a pge to look like an AP release. I mean they just aren't that weak normally IMO.

So yes, someone faking a story....but not AP IMO.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Now if someone heard boo's they heard boo's. But what I'm saying is, it doesn't mean the President heard it. So the line "Bush did nothing to stop the boos" is BS I wouldn't expect in an AP release.

So far, I've found nothing on AP. Nor release or retraction. And nothing on Drudge which would love to slam AP so iI'm guessing bogus "release".

But that someone boo'ed is not entirely out of the question.

But it doesn't reflect on the crowd or Bush, and this shouldn't reflect on AP IMO (unless proven to be from them).

[edit on 3-9-2004 by RANT]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It was the Associated Propagandists, Knight Ridder newspapers, etc RANT.....

Proof?
How's this?

Audience boos as Bush offers best wishes for Clinton's recovery
By Associated Press, 9/3/2004 13:57

Hmm?

seekerof

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
And nothing on Drudge which would love to slam AP

Actually, it is on Drudge now.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
It was the Associated Propagandists, Knight Ridder newspapers, etc RANT.....

Proof?
How's this?

Audience boos as Bush offers best wishes for Clinton's recovery
By Associated Press, 9/3/2004 13:57

Hmm?

seekerof

I know Seeker, that's the page I said looked bogus to me.

I saw the words "Associated Press" but it's not on the AP.org newswire and neither is any "retraction".

It's easy to type the words "Associated Press". Look I just did it again.

Like I keep saying I may be wrong. But I'm asking for and looking for some confirmation aside from that webpage. Surely we can find an AP release if it exists somewhere besides:

www.boston.com...

Does anyone really think that's how news organizations name pages?

Audience_boos_as_Bush_offers_bP.shtml?

I mean seriously. They use numeric code for story number. That page IS NOT REAL. Please if anyone can prove me wrong. I'd love a scoop on AP.

But I think someone inside "boston.com" is to blame...or someone related.

I will find out. Contacting Boston.com now.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Originally posted by RANT
And nothing on Drudge which would love to slam AP

Actually, it is on Drudge now.

please link. They send me to the retort page automatically.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join