It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Chemtrails preparation for a polar shift where global warming will be necessary?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Just to be clear - I wasn't the one who used the word 'galloping' to describe the movement of the magnetic pole. It was NASA, USGS or NOAA. One of the big 3. I read it on their site. The other references in here were 'racing' and 'speeding.' Just to be clear - these were not my choice of words.

Words they could have used like 'moving' 'normally moving' 'crawling' 'inching' were not used in favor of galloping, racing and speeding. I was just going with the flow.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Sigh....

Here. This is the current information for Tampa. Would have to search deeper to find examples of years ago, to compare:

Looking at the runways, near the ends, you see the actual magnetic headings, down to 1/2 degree.

Runway 1Left ('1L') for instance, is 006.5°. The reciprocal ('19R') is of course 186.5°. Same for 1Right/19Left.

Before they re-painted, the runways had been at about 005° to 006° / 185° to 186° for some years. The desire to finally re-number was made after a long time had passed. Technically, once it was re-surveyed and read more than 005°, it warranted the change. It just isn't that important, to pilots.....the difference of even one whole degree is hardly noticeable to us.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Uncinus

Well, actually gyrocompasses are preferred but they are aligned with magnetic north.

Yes, when I was flying little planes we'd set the gyro off the magnetic compass during preflight. The magnetic compass (a ball compass) was not incredibly useful during flight either, as it bounced around too much.

What happens on long flights? Presumably you keep re-adjusting the gyro to local magnetic? Probably easier on a big plane.

ETA: I forget my training, you have to periodically check the gyro compass against the magnetic compass for gyro drift anyway.
edit on 15-11-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

READ that article carefully (I can't copy/paste the text from it) starting at the third paragraph.

"Every 20 years or so"....is about right, for some airport runways needing to be re-numbered.

Also, last time a significant magnetic "pole shift" occurred was about 750,000 years ago....and, the process takes about 10,000 years total.

Don't know about you, but I don't intend to live that long............

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

What happens on long flights? Presumably you keep re-adjusting the gyro to local magnetic?

Use the "wet' compass to re-set the gyroscopic heading indicator. Yes, as long as you are in level, unaccelerated flight, the wet compass is accurate (allowing for the inherent, and placarded and posted, deviation errors that are from the electrical equipment nearby, and/or internal instrument errors). (**)

Probably easier on a big plane.

Yes.....it's all automatic.

(**) Adding, by the way....this applies to mariners, as well. For instance, this web site explains the terms, it is much the same for aviators too:

www.navis.gr...

edit on Tue 15 November 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
People who want all this scientific proof, I mean don't get me wrong I would love some of that too but wouldn't you think that they would like to keep the scientific portion of this chemtrailing not open to the public?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by davereality

How are they going to keep air secret?

The whole premise of the chemtrail myth is that there is something being sprayed in the air - the air you and I breathe.

How come no-one can find anything "odd" in the air??

the things that chemtrail believers HAVE found in the air so far are pollution, dirt, spider silk, and various othe odd but natural bits & pieces that occasionally get blown around or deposited.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by davereality

No, whoever "they," are cannot possibly keep scientific data from being discovered...science is unable to be hid...too many able people with much more access to more wondrous analytical tools...Have there been suppression attempts? Of course...The Church v Galileo...now, the thing is Galileo had his data and there was nothing the Church could do against that...all we are waiting for is the data...if and when it comes forward, then look out...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

Are Chemtrails preparation for a polar shift where global warming will be necessary

Yes, they are! Along with general de-population, this is a necessary prerequisite to world dominance in the coming generations.

If only about 3 billion people would just voluntarily vacate this planet, none of this would be necessary.

I have been waiting now since at least 1999 for the sheep to walk down to the head-gate.
Can you in the front just speed it up a little?

Once the poles shift, and Christmas becomes Easter, what on Earth will anyone do?

How will we manage to find constellations we can't recognize to confirm fears we cannot prove to support our ignorant inabilities to understand the real world?

Fasten your seatbelts, we're in for a bumpy ride.
(BetteDavis)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0

unless you're thinking that somehow electricity generated through chemtrail clouds is going to slow or help the situation.

My thinking was that if the government believed that a polar shift would cause the planet to drop in temperature, maybe by modifying the weather through chem trails is believed necessary to grow crops and survive. Might explain the secrecy and other claims some make.

Wasn't able to reply earlier - got sidetracked. Here is a link briefly explaining a pole shift which is basically saying that in a pole shift, the magnetic poles reverse. N becomes S and S becomes N. According to this link the last shift was 790,000 years ago and this apparently might make us overdue for one and some believe it's already happening. There are alot of theories and conjecture about pole shifts because obviously the people alive now haven't physically been through one but this article says the whole process takes about 7,000 years. It doesn't give a starting point though. The article also says that in a pole shift, the equator is affected 3,000 years earlier than the poles as far as compass pointings.

www.wisegeek.com...

I guess your thought regarding the chemtrails or contrails (don't want to exclude anyone) would depend on who is right about how this pole shift will go. Also I have to say that recently with the chemtrails or contrails it's hard to say anymore whether they are warming or cooling since so many different substances have been proposed and some tested and all climate data now goes through the CIA and their data center has not been forthcoming in releasing information. So at this point whether or not the planet is cooling or warming is classified.

I appreciate your thread and your thought because it really is unknown how a pole shift might affect anything and how people might feel they need to respond in order to make it less cataclysmic if that's possible.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
...... and all climate data now goes through the CIA and their data center has not been forthcoming in releasing information.

Really??

when did that start happening?

And where is it that people are actually getting climate data from if none is being released??

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

??

....all climate data now goes through the CIA and their data center has not been forthcoming in releasing information. So at this point whether or not the planet is cooling or warming is classified.

Seriously? The CIA? "....classified...."?

Well....that would be amazing news for the Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society

Or, the Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society

Or....name any country. Pick a country, any country.....here, check out this list:

World’s Meteorological Societies

Man....the CIA is incredible....guess it isn't run by mere "muggles", then. It has to be at least as powerful as the Ministry of Magic, I suppose....?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Nothing in there at all about all info having to be provided to the CIA and it not releasing any.

When the center was launched in 2009, the CIA said it would not address the science of climate change but rather the national security impact of phenomena such as desertification, rising sea levels, population shifts and heightened competition for natural resources.

So the CIA is NOT actually doing climate research at all - instead it is looking at he national security implications of climate change.

Why is that strange or unexpected or unusual??

The non-reporting relates to information requests for info about this unit's activies - does the CIA usually tell people what it is doing in response to such requests? I have no idea....

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

As usual, over-reaching based on misinterpretation of what "National Security" means...and what it does not mean.

Its charter is not the science of climate change, but the national security impact of phenomena such as desertification, rising sea levels, population shifts, and heightened competition for natural resources. The Center will provide support to American policymakers as they negotiate, implement, and verify international agreements on environmental issues. That is something the CIA has done for years. “Decision makers need information and analysis on the effects climate change can have on security.

Basically, it is about the bold highlighted aspects from a strategic standpoint....NOT about "hiding" any meteorological information from anyone. It is the tactics that will be employed to react to any significant changes, and as they affect the USA. Possibly, certain allies will also share data privately as well. Neighborly thing to do, after all......

Other nations, and any climate data they collect, have nothing at all to do with this....unless they choose to share as well.

It's a bit like a game of poker, if you try to visualize it that way. The rules of the game are known to all, but only a few players know what they hold in their hands.

edit on Tue 15 November 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Please ignore your actual observatons; anyone with the ability to measire temperature, precipitation, relative humidity and sunlight exposure is a liar.

No one can describe our environment other than the CIA!

You must all step outside during daylight hours for your atmospheric saturation. You must drink at least 64 oz. of approved chem-cocktails so that we can kill you, or else we will kill you.

Do not question how a world-wide conspiracy to dominate the population can succeed with no population!

We will survive with vestiges of f civilization at our bidding. Rub those sticks together for fire! Scour the parched Earth for droplets of moisture!

We have won; we are the winners! Chemtrails rule.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The CIA center is actually declassifying satellite imagery to help researchers.

www.cia.gov...

The Center will assume responsibility for coordinating with Intelligence Community partners on the review and declassification of imagery and other data that could be of use to scientists in their own climate-related research. This effort draws on imagery and other information that is collected in any event, assisting the US scientific community without a large commitment of resources.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I found this report today:

Trends and Implications of Climate Change for National and International Security

Please check out the section on Geoengineering that starts on page 133. The interesting part is on page 134 though. Regrettably it won't let me copy and paste from the PDF, it comes out as gibberish when I paste it.

I was nice enough to type out the last paragraph of page 134 for all of you

Given our inability to reach agreements to reduce the emissions to mitigate climate change, and given the long-term consequences of adding greenhouse gases into the atmosphere today, a number of climate intervention concepts have been proposed. These concepts referred to as geonengineering, can be divided into two broad classes: 1) Solar Radiation Management techniques that seek to increase the amount of solar radiation reflected back into space thus increasing the Earth's albedo by a small percentage to offset the effects of increased greenhouse gases; and, 2) Carbon dioxide removal techniques which aim to remove CO2 from the atmosphere

Any thoughts? I'm sure some of you have a few thoughts on this.
edit on 16-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Well, let us look at what it says...

PG 135; APPENDIX B - The general conclusion of these reports is that while most of the proposed geoengineering options are considered technically impractical or cost-prohibitive, some, such as stratospheric aerosol injection and boundary-layer marine cloud seeding, are potentially feasible. These reports also conclude that the potential for unintended consequences for all geoengineering options has not yet received significant study. These reports find that a significant research program would be a necessary precursor to any sub-scale field experiments or full scale deployment of geoengineering.

So, it seems that stratospheric aerosol injection (an altitude high above current commercial jet traffic and seldom used by military fighter jets) and cloud seeding (not chemtrailing) are POTENTIALLY feasible...but still need study...
edit on 11/16/2011 by jeichelberg because: more information

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

From your own portion that you just shared-

These reports also conclude that the potential for unintended consequences for all geoengineering options has not yet received significant study.

So they are admitting to at least studying it, just not significantly. I wonder what the difference between an insignificant study compared to a significant study is.

I admit this is very vague and leaves room for interpretation in any direction, but it tells me they're up to more than they're letting on. For our own good of course.
edit on 16-11-2011 by Truth4Thought because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join