It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Chemtrails preparation for a polar shift where global warming will be necessary?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by keture

Okay. so the levels of other compounds DECREASE, resulting in the measures of aluminum taking up a larger percentage? Is that what you are stating?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

That video basically says it all. When's the last time you remember an airport closed down so that lines could be redrawn to bring them into accord with magnetic north? Maybe the housing crisis was deliberate because otherwise people would start to notice that older surveys were no longer in line with current surveys as far as land ownership boundaries go. The possibilities are endless.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

I assume you are unaware that magnetic north is constantly changing?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Here we have again continued misunderstanding about the situation at Tampa Airport, when they re-numbered the runways:

That video basically says it all. When's the last time you remember an airport closed down so that lines could be redrawn to bring them into accord with magnetic north?

The airport was not "closed down". It has two parallel North/South runways, and one East/West. The only runway numbers changed affected the North/South runways, and there were closed very, very briefly. The other perpendicular runway remained open.

Furthermore, most people have no comprehension about runway numbering. And, the change in actual magnetic heading amounted to a fraction of a degree. NOTE it did not even affect the East/West runway!!! Nor, was it a "nationwide" event at every other airport!!! Runways are numbered according to the nearest whole ten, out of the 0 to 360 degrees of the magnetic compass rose.

"0" is never used. It is "360", or Runway '36'. If the actual heading is more than five degrees closer to 010°, then the runway is labeled '01'. When it's about halfway, it can vary a fraction of a degree, either side of the mid-point, and no changes will be made. Unless, it is seen that the trend is permanent,then they will be re-designated.

This happened about a decade or so ago, at Washington National Airport too.

The fact of the movement of the magnetic North pole is no secret, n or is it any cause for alarm.....by those who are educated, and not emotionally reactionary.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Most land surveys are not based on magnetic north (or true north for that matter). You'll sometimes find something called the Basis of Bearing associated with a land survey but exactly what it is depends on where you are.

The metes and bounds system most commonly used starts with two established points of reference and the line drawn between them. Something like this; starting from the line drawn between the corner of the Jones property and the Smith property, the boundary of the Adams property lies at an clockwise angle of 75º and runs for 213 yards. Compass directions and the location of true north are irrelevant.

edit on 11/15/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

40 miles a year toward Siberia I think it was quoted earlier from a link.

reply to post by ProudBird

The airport was closed to redraw lines. End of story. Magnetic north is moving 40 miles a year toward Siberia. Or was, anyway, the last time that figure was updated.

reply to post by Phage

I'm going to be frank here and just say that I'm not sure what you just said. I do, however, have some experience with north on land drawn up into parcels in the '60's and no longer matching up with current ideas of north. The tract I'm talking about covered many many acres of land which never was developed. All the lines were off. The proposed streets no longer ran north and south or east and west and the original design didn't call for diagonal streets.

edit on 15-11-2011 by luxordelphi because: reply to Phage - hit wrong button too soon

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Yes it is. It's always been moving.
Faster now than in the 180 years or so since we've been watching it but so what? It's direction and rate of motion have never been constant (that we know of) .

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi

That video basically says it all. When's the last time you remember an airport closed down so that lines could be redrawn to bring them into accord with magnetic north? Maybe the housing crisis was deliberate because otherwise people would start to notice that older surveys were no longer in line with current surveys as far as land ownership boundaries go. The possibilities are endless.

But there's nothing secret about the magnetic poles wandering around. Cartographers (and surveyors) quite deliberately use true north (or a "grid north", with is basically the same thing). If you look at a UK Ordanance Survey map they will show what magnetic north was at the time of the maps printing, and they will also not how much it's expected to change. Here's an example from 1977:

If you've got an older map, you need to adjust your compass readings based on how old the map is.

With surveying, the problem is well known, and has been accounted for since the 1700s in the US.

www.amphilsoc.org...

The Virginia General Assembly addressed the problem in 1772
with an act stating that surveyors must define boundary lines in relation to true north and indicate the extent and direction of variation on
each plat. The act mentioned the “many inconveniences” that had
“arisen from the inattention of surveyors to the variation of the magnetic needle,” and proposed to prevent the “many mistakes and much
confusion” that “may arise in comparing future surveys with the present.”
Surveyors who did not follow the new regulations risked a five-pound
fine.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeichelberg
reply to post by Paschar0

And why would Monsanto be altering crops to be resistant to aluminum, when according to this:

...In keeping with its pervasiveness, it is well tolerated by plants and animals.

en.wikipedia.org...

The same article states:

Stable aluminium is created when hydrogen fuses with magnesium either in large stars or in supernovae.

What happens is that acidic soil "liberates" Aluminium ions - Al3+ - and these are toxic to plants, and even serve to increase soil acidity.

So it is not the Al2O3, nor indeed any other aluminium bound in normal soils that is the problem - it is acidic soils that are a problem. Soil Ph on Wiki

And vast swathes of the earth have acidic soils to some extent or other as per the map on that page - by another article 30-40% of the earth's arable land, and perhaps 70% of it's potentially is affected by acidic soil (600 kb pdf download)

So there is a very large amount of money to be made by anyone who can address this completely natural limitation on agricultural productivity.
edit on 15-11-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Well, you learn something new everyday...thank you very much for that information...living in the middle of farmland and just down the road from a young man who has his own brand of corn (maize), I will ask him further about this...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Here's an 1878 Manual of a Vernier Compass that describes the problem:

www.americanartifacts.com...

It is well known that the magnetic needle, in almost all parts of the United States, points more or less to the east or west of a true meridian, or north and south line. This deviation, which is called the VARIATION or DECLINATION of the needle, is not constant, but increases or decreases to a very sensible amount in a series of years. Thus at Troy. N. Y., a line bearing in 1838, N. 3l deg. E., would, in 1874, with the same needle, have a bearing of about N. 320 E., the needle having thus in that interval travelled a full degree to the west. For this reason, therefore, in running over the lines of a farm from field notes of some years standing, the surveyor would be obliged to make an allowance, both perplexing and uncertain, in the bearing of every line.

They discuss a shift of a degree in 36 years. The actual variation varies a lot over time, and by how close you are to the magnetic pole, and if it's moving away from you, or at right angles to you.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

When's the last time you remember an airport closed down so that lines could be redrawn to bring them into accord with magnetic north?

Never.

But closing runways to change the runway designations because of the shift in the magnetic pole is an uncommon but recognised requirement:

Because the drift itself is quite slow, runway designation changes are uncommon, and not welcomed, as they require an accompanying change in aeronautical charts and descriptive documents. When runway designations do change, especially at major airports, it is often changed at night as taxiway signs need to be changed and the huge numbers at each end of the runway need to be repainted to the new runway designators. In July 2009 for example, London Stansted Airport in the United Kingdom changed its runway designations from 05/23 to 04/22 after dark.
- wiki

reply to post by ProudBird

The airport was closed to redraw lines. End of story.

The airport was closed to redraw the numbers painted on the end of it, the taxiway signs, and to update the aeronautical charts and otehr information to refelct het new numbers.

Calling these things "lines" in an effort to hide the true nature of the change is dishonest.

edit on 15-11-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

This article seems to contradict your explanation for Tampa Bay Airport.

Shift in magnetic north pole affects... Tampa airport

Runways at a Florida airport are to be given brand new numbers, but not for cosmetic reasons - the changes are thanks to movement in the Earth's magnetic field.

Changes in our planet's core are causing the north magnetic pole to speed towards Russia at nearly 40 miles a year.

But the affects of the magnetic shift are being felt over 3,500 miles south of the Arctic - at Tampa International Airport.

Perhaps the article is lying but I think it is correct and you were wrong about jumping to the conclusion that this was due to surveying. I thought I heard of another example of an airport needing the same maintenance for the exact same reason. I will make sure to update if I find it.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Surely the reason why chemtrails are being used is not important. The most importamt fact is that their use is classified and this leads to total distrust. Chemtrails are being used for a variety of reasons IMO, one of which is depopulation but there maybe others such as heating up the earth. Again, if we dont know this leads to confusion and then division. Division diverts people from what is really going on.
edit on 15-11-2011 by TheMindWar because: Typo

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

What? Where did I say anything about the runway designation? I said land surveys don't usually depend on magnetic north.

But yes (as I said), magnetic north has, does, and is moving. All the time. But I still don't see what that has to do with "chemtrails" or climate.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Here is another example from Portland:

Magnetic pole shift means new Hillsboro runway name

Sorry but the source isn't exactly perfect.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Surely the reason why chemtrails are being used is not important. The most importamt fact is that their use is classified and this leads to total distrust.

surely the most important thing is to figure out whether they exist at all??

So far no-one has managed to find any credible evidence to support that conclusion in the first place - so speculating on reasons, or stating they are "classified" is a bit premature.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Note that pilots use magnetic compasses, and magnetic north, because there's no easy way to determine true north when you are in a moving plane. Hence the runways (and ATC directions) HAVE to be based on magnetic north.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, I totally misread your post. Sorry about that.

I thought you said something else which kind of makes my previous two posts irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Well, actually gyrocompasses are preferred but runways still are aligned with magnetic north.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join