It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google+ is pretty sweet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I signed up for Google+ awhile back but didn't really start playing around w/ until today. It's a great social network as far as I can see. Sharing info is really simple with the +1 button. Actually, my first +1 was a link to a post here on ATS.

Now, I know that there's probably a lot of ATSers who will be turned off by this collection of personal data. Probably many of you don't have Facebook or Myspace accounts. But guess what? They're gonna trace you anyways if they have a reason, so might as well enjoy the current technology.

When I signed up for Myspace I didn't actually use it for months before I got into it. Then came Facebook. Again... signed up and a few years later started using it. Well, now we're onto Google+... and again... didn't do much at first but now it's kinda fun.

Here's my profile: plus.google.com... if you already have an account. Have fun exploring it... I think some of you on ATS might enjoy the ability to share info and debate on certain issues.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Now, I know that there's probably a lot of ATSers who will be turned off by this collection of personal data. Probably many of you don't have Facebook or Myspace accounts. But guess what? They're gonna trace you anyways if they have a reason, so might as well enjoy the current technology.

id rather make them work for it.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheInterceptor

id rather make them work for it.

hehehe... that's awesome... you could always make a fake profile and create a new persona Tyler Durden style just to mess w/ 'em...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
OP I'm sorry to say but it's not awesome. It says I have to be 18 and it sucks badly

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
google plus is a ghost town

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
i love google +, just added you bro.

I don't use it for social networking at all though, pretty much i post ass, titties, and random funny stuff... i don't know, somehow when i made an account i got sucked into this circle of online people who just post this stuff all day, i have a blast reading through my stream, its hard to explain...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
OP I'm sorry to say but it's not awesome. It says I have to be 18 and it sucks badly

Yeah, they should make an under 18 version as well. That's probably because the content isn't controlled like Facebook or Myspace but it's based on ALL the Internet... pretty hard to filter that. Just wait and do it down the road.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by doom27
i love google +, just added you bro.

I don't use it for social networking at all though, pretty much i post ass, titties, and random funny stuff... i don't know, somehow when i made an account i got sucked into this circle of online people who just post this stuff all day, i have a blast reading through my stream, its hard to explain...

Kewl! Thanx for the add. I like the streaming stuff too. It seems to be more media/info based rather than "Went to Taco Bell and got a burrito" *LIKE*

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
AWSOME GRATE GOOD #!!! I LOVE THE CIA! I LOVE HELPING THE CORPORATIONS THAT WANTS US ALL DEAD.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

you a #ing idiot....

why don't you check things out before you speak. I don't use my real name or location on it, nor do i even have any pictures of myself, either do any of the people i've met on there.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Im not that use to Google+ yet but if your on there look me up - My Google+ profile
edit on 16/11/2011 by wlasikiewicz because: added url

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
AWSOME GRATE GOOD #!!! I LOVE THE CIA! I LOVE HELPING THE CORPORATIONS THAT WANTS US ALL DEAD.

Yeah Google publicly stated they work for the CIA and their main goal is to kill everyone, messed up right? Wait no they didn't. There's medication that can help you.

On a side note Google+ is amazing, just needs more people, makes Facebook look like it was done by amateurs. Oh and Google tells you what info they keep, and it's anonymous. Facebook flat out lies, and they tie your info to your account while logged in.

today.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I dont like that they make you verify by phone. but other than that it looks ok, i noticed it for a while but never paid it any attention.

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Yeah Google publicly stated they work for the CIA and their main goal is to kill everyone, messed up right? Wait no they didn't. There's medication that can help you.

On a side note Google+ is amazing, just needs more people, makes Facebook look like it was done by amateurs. Oh and Google tells you what info they keep, and it's anonymous. Facebook flat out lies, and they tie your info to your account while logged in.

today.msnbc.msn.com...

yea because facebook will lie, but google wont.
edit on 20-11-2011 by ImNotHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ImNotHuman

I supplied a link to Facebook's blatant lies, please show me Google's blatant privacy lies, where once caught they continued to lie, and eventually told the truth but continued to keep doing what they were doing.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

maybe they haven't been caught yet? And imma ad that google is much much bigger than facebook and has been out way longer

top topics

join