It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highschool Graduation Transition Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Does anyone know what exactly this is? One of my kids graduated last year and now they are sending me an email wanting to know what they are doing now. What federal agency is wanting this information. Surely the school is not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

If it bothers you that much don't send it back and introduce it to Mr. Paper Shredder, there is nothing in the books that can force you to report that information. It's probably the school wanting to know where he went to college.
edit on 15-11-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
reply to post by Skewed

If it bothers you that much don't send it back and introduce it to Mr. Paper Shredder, there is nothing in the books that can force you to report that information. It's probably the school wanting to know where he went to college.
edit on 15-11-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

I am aware what I can and can not do. That is not the issue.
I would like to find out what the purpose is behind it and which government entity is asking that the school do this.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
After I graduated from ITT Tech, they also liked to keep tabs on me. They wanted to know the details of what I was doing in order to decide what percentage of my learned-skills I was using. Originally I said "just Photoshop", so they had to keep it low... I think it was 10%. But one time I mentioned using a little HTML from one of the web classes, and they jumped on that and excitedly marked it up to something like 30% (which, in my opinion, is WAY too high of a number).

So, observing this, I would say that the reason they want to know about our post-school habits is to assess their own success rate. They probably have to report their success rate in order to justify to their superiors the funding, or something like that.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelgarden

Yeah I know.
I am not convinced that they are truly concerned about what you are doing. It would be completely un-American for a business to actually care about its customers.

edit on 15-11-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
One possible reason is for statistics. They want to be able to say what percentage of grads went on to get what degree at what type of college... To know how effective the education was. And what they might want to change or start focusing on. I dunno, just a thought I had. Though I'm sure there could be plenty of other reasons, both nefarious and benign.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Yeah it is for statistical purpose, so they say.
The information apparently gets used in various ways. I respectfully declined to participate and gave my reasoning, nothing has been said since.

I know it seems innocent enough, but that is also how this country has ended up in the condition it has. All from obscure innocent little actions here and there that turn into big problems when the pieces are all fitted together to form the big picture.

top topics

join