It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS Is OVA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I hadn't found any posts on here about 'Occupy Toronto' being shut down. I'm sorry if there are already threads regarding said protest. Please relocate, Mods, if that's required.
It seems the Police State is moving north, yet again. Remember how Toronto reacted when there were staged riots during the G20? I think it's about to happen again.
The OCCUPY TORONTO protesters have been served with Eviction Notices. The notices say they need to vacate St. James' Park by Midnight tonight. Who wants to bet that doesn't happen?
Earlier today the OWS protest in Zuccotti Park got shut down, also. Anyone with half a brain should have known these protests would never accomplish anything. The only reason they worked in The Middle East is because PTB allowed them to.

You can read more here: OWS Go Home!!

EDIT:
Please flag the hell out of this, so people can get the word out!
edit on 11/15/1111 by moondoggy2 because: updated

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Actually people haven't went home, a Judge seems about to let them back in. If you watched the live streams you'd see that there are masses, up for hours and hours. There are a few live streams, The Other 99 is the best stream. I imagine Toronto may progress the same but it's hard to say. Stop reading into mainstream news, they're distorting what is happening now tenfold.

Watch it unfold.

There sure are a lot of spiteful people on the go today. I feel bad for ya.

Edit: Judge ruling will occur at 3pm
edit on 15/11/11 by murkraz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by moondoggy2

Interesting about Toronto. I understand some of the Canadian locations had been making real efforts to control the problems that ruined things down here. Some, not so much... Which side was Toronto on for putting down criminal issues and ejecting trouble makers?

I think you're right about no one leaving, despite eviction orders. I hope you're mistaken in how it goes, but I'm sure you're not on that. Now that the Flagship has sunk in New York City, the rest will be hit and taken apart in quick succession, is my thinking. There is nothing stopping it now that NYC has shown even the mighty OWS itself can be evicted without an urban war breaking out on the spot.

Also recall what made NYC work. 0 notice... Even the cops involved thought it was a drill up to the final moments. No way to warn anyone. I expect to see that become the new method of operation vs. plenty of warning so both sides can line up for a proper fight.

This is the time for good, peaceful people to get out of the camps...if they can. The hard core fighter element are what will be drawn now. Those HOPING for a fight against authorities from within the protection of a crowd and numbers have been waiting years for this opportunity. Hopefully decent folk won't be caught in the crossfire as those hard core elements are systematically taken down and prosecuted.

edit on 15-11-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: spacing change

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
London, ON was one of the first (if not the first) to "evict" the protesters from a city park. It happened a week ago. They were given eviction notices at 6am telling them they needed to be out by 6pm. However, with the media covering a lot of bystanders showed up at 6pm so the police/city chose to wait until about 2am. They took everything down and kicked them out. They havent been back since.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

i see you didn't hear that this has been happening at alot of #occupy movements. it hardly ever works. makes the movement's numbers grow.

stop being so scared of TPTB it's this fear that gives them their power. without fear they are nothing.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
You are naive to think this is ending any time soon.A lot of these people have nowhere to go, and are dedicated to the movement. It amazes me that people are trolling so hard to deface what these people are doing

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
A judge has ruled in favor of Occupy to allow them back into the park
www.cnn.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Shillbillyjim

I'm not fearing the PTB. I'm saying PEACEFUL demonstrations don't work. Look at Woodstock.... What did that accomplish? As sad as it is for me to say this, VIOLENCE seems to be the ONLY way to cause change... See Libya.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Woodstock wasn't a protest...

For all your wisdom you seem to have overlooked the 60's completely in your studies. Not just that, but non-violent protests in general.
edit on 15-11-2011 by GringoViejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GringoViejo

JFK, RFK, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., who else was assassinated in the '60s?
Protesting has never, and will never accomplish anything... Unless TPTB allow it.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by moondoggy2

JFK, RFK, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., who else was assassinated in the '60s?
Protesting has never, and will never accomplish anything... Unless TPTB allow it.

That's rich.

How then do you expect TPTB to allow you your violent revolt?

And are you actually saying the civil rights movement accomplished nothing?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
That's funny, if the 60's didn't accomplish anything then where did all the "whites only" establishments go? Once things go violent the results will be what we saw happen in the UK with all the protestors being demonized.
edit on 15-11-2011 by Shillbillyjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Oh dear.

Ok lets look at this objectively.

What do you want as the outcome of the OWS protest (YOU)?

Now a violent protest will invoke fear from the general public, a fear of not wanting to leave their houses in case it gets looted, there will be many deaths (from officials, protesters & looters), you could bet your bottom dollar martial law WOULD be instated in the US, they would have no choice since the USA allows civilians to arm themselves (not saying its a bad thing, but having two sides armed to the teeth is basically war).

Pretty much you would have a WHOLE civil war break out, which will completely distablize your country, resulting in a further "us vs them" mentality which could last for years.

See the London riots (difference would be is the rioters are armed to the teeth).

My two cents.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

Yes, Martial Law would be instituted. But, I would bet you my shoes that if EVERYONE stood up as one, no army/police force/ems on the planet would be able to stop them.... Or much less control them.
I know that's asking a lot of the sheeple. However, if the Occupy Wall Street movement truly does represent the remaining 99%, then there will be no problem recruiting people.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Perhaps some people are missing the point of what a catalyst is. And maybe even expecting immediate results. Do you believe that all the achievements and progress of the past happened overnight and weren't fraught with stumbling blocks, roadblocks, and even some deaths and bloodshed? Do you believe real change happened overnight (or even within the span of a few months)? No, of course not. This is no different. This isnt "ova" by a long shot. In fact, it's just beginning.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Spruk

Yes, Martial Law would be instituted. But, I would bet you my shoes that if EVERYONE stood up as one, no army/police force/ems on the planet would be able to stop them.... Or much less control them.
I know that's asking a lot of the sheeple. However, if the Occupy Wall Street movement truly does represent the remaining 99%, then there will be no problem recruiting people.

I wouldnt put your faith in that. You see OWS would then have to change tacts, and use violence as your answer, what makes you any different from a band of thubs beating up random people? It doesnt, you are veiling violence under the cloak of "for the greater good", all you do is have three faction warfare.

OWS vs General Popualtion vs Government Authority. Again will bring your proud country to its knees into civil war, the downstream effect will cause a power vaccum, and that wont be a good thing thats for sure.

Patience is a virtue, keep up your passive/peacful protest, dont resort to cavemen mentality and start a violent protest, keep your morals, keep your cause, and dont resort to violence. Once you open that proverbial Pandoras box, there will be bloodshed, losses of lives, flowers snuffed out before they have a chance to bloom.

I think what ~Lucidity said hit the nail on the head, people are expecting your government to instantly change things, which has and will never happen. Just be patient, and show some restraint.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I hadn't found any posts on here about 'Occupy Toronto' being shut down. I'm sorry if there are already threads regarding said protest. Please relocate, Mods, if that's required.
It seems the Police State is moving north, yet again. Remember how Toronto reacted when there were staged riots during the G20? I think it's about to happen again.
The OCCUPY TORONTO protesters have been served with Eviction Notices. The notices say they need to vacate St. James' Park by Midnight tonight. Who wants to bet that doesn't happen?
Earlier today the OWS protest in Zuccotti Park got shut down, also. Anyone with half a brain should have known these protests would never accomplish anything. The only reason they worked in The Middle East is because PTB allowed them to.

You can read more here: OWS Go Home!!

EDIT:
Please flag the hell out of this, so people can get the word out!
edit on 11/15/1111 by moondoggy2 because: updated

Anyone with half a brain would realize this is far from OVA! It's just beginning. This movement will not stop just because people are kicked out of parks because sleeping in parks is not what the movement really is about. TPTB have done a great service to the Occupy movement-they have actually help call in more troops!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

This is in it's infancy and only the beginning.
Even the battle of the bogside , or the salt protests
didn't happen overnight.
eg.:
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join