It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ: Lying on Match.com needs to be a crime

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Oh dear..... I wonder how many people over at the New ATS Media Member's Photos Thread are going to have to remove or change their pics now? LOL!!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
But they won't prosecute black panthers standing with weapons at the entrance to the polling place... I'd say they their priorities screwed up, but that would imply it was unintentional.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Words of wisdom; If you can't pick up a chick in a bar,
you won't be able to pick up a chick on the internet either.

More words of wisdom; When a chick wants to get "picked up,"
she goes to a bar, not the internet.

Worst places to TRY to pick up women online; craigs list and chat rooms.

Seriously, is this news to anyone?!?! I hope not.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

yep GLP. Wikipedia .GOV
had too not that would be the real web pages ..but then ... you never know

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Confession time ATS. I'm not actually the president of Izsexystan. My name is not Domo1, I am not a millionaire, I am not 6'2" tall and I don't really model for Calvin Klein underwear (professionally at least). Also my avatar is misleading, I'm not really a cat (just the cat's meow).

Why can't the internet remain the wonderful Wild West frontier it once was? Why must everything be regulated? I think anti bullying laws online are ridiculous enough, but now we have this? What's going to come next? Online fingerprints and retinal scans to access your email? I don't see how this would be enforceable at all because I guarantee EVERYONE lies online every once in awhile. I'm sure to be called a fear monger but I think this is a real problem and for once am glad for the ACLU.

news.cnet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Well, in full disclosure....my avatar looks a lot like me, but it isn't me. I am big, fat, furry, and a Texan.

But I am not looking for any ladies.
So if fat and furry isn't your thing....

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Oh my, what a slippery slope indeed!

Forget about my date being four feet tall and 350lbs. I'm more concerned that the car I'm buying on Cars.com or EBAY really has no body filler and has the correct amount of miles on it...I can't put that back on an airplane and send it home.

If the intent is to protect potential lovers from being burned the DOJ could start with the bars around Coronado California. I'm pretty sure there are at least 10,000 NAVY SEALS out there in bars trying to meet women on any given weekend, when there are only 2,500 active duty SEALS in total.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The government can try all they want, but I will continue to lie about my weight. Think the number on my driver's license is correct? pshaw! I pity the fool that tries to put me on a scale and prove that I'm lying.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
If this idiotic law ever does go into effect...everyone with an account with a social media outlet or who postson any blog should go and exaggerate as much as possible on everything they post there! I mean tell great big whopping lies and see how far you can stretch the truth. That would sure start the Web masters trying to untie the knot in their panties and the DOJ would come unglued!

Zindo

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
o.k .. I admit.. Im actually the advance scout for an extraterrestrial invasion.. After observing your world we've decided to cancel the invasion as it's more cost effective to wait till you've wiped yourselves out before we come to claim your planet for our empire..

Truly amazing.. With all the other problems they're facing they come up with more stupidity.. Just curious how exactly are they going to know whether or not people use their real names ?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
you will be assimilated

resistance is futile

your self and likeness Will Be recorded, profiled and databased

carry on, as you will

don't forget.

a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk, on your way home

why the seeming surprise? ... it's been either in place, in the works or coming for years now (?)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The "Law" seems to keep getting bigger, and bigger. While you and I seem to keep getting smaller and smaller...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/654f8b682d32.jpg[/atsimg]
Antony Perkins in Orson Wells film adaptation of Kafka's "The Trial".

Additional insight:
"Before The Law" - A Parable For These Strange Days In Which We Live, by Franz Kafka
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthropormorphic

I forgot that I am also not a former Navy SEAL. Thanks for the reminder. I'm all for protecting the consumer, but I believe there are already laws on the books for that.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Domo1

I don't think they can pass that law, it would be against the 1st amendment as it extends to written format.

I'd liek to see them try tho. My god could you image, if nobody lied on the internet? There'd only be 3 web pages left.

My God, if the Justice Department outlawed lying they would have to close down themselves.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

My God, if the Justice Department outlawed lying they would have to close down themselves.

And anarchy would reign.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

And anarchy would reign.

Maybe the constitution would reign once more. Maybe.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'm lying right now.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Domo everytime I make a new e-mail address
I put false information..

Why does hotmail and gmail need to know my
real name and address?

What is next they want your social?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Ouch, my brain.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

They already want your damn cell phone number. That irks me quite a bit. I lie every time too. My rather uncommon name has already been taken on gmail so I had to go last name then first and I never give my real address or birth date.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I sort of like the idea that if someone used the name of one of my children, or even myself to start a facebook page... or go on some trashy site.. that they can be prosecuted for it.

I think there is too much freedom in making up lies on the net, and the ramifications of them can really effect peoples lives.

There are sites set up just for throwing around lies about people.. and its wrong.

it bad enough having to deal with liars in the real world , but now the liars and scammers can get away with so much on the net.

I also don't think if liars were off the net there would only be 3 sites available..what does that really say about so many who use websites..they are 99% liars?

Good grief.. if the world has come to complain about their "right" to be able to lie, and make crap up about others...its really getting to be a world where the liars and the cheaters win..in every way.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join