It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the truth shall set you free (Part II)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
hehe . . esther . . .

I'm also a moral prostitute, according to Gadfly. Not very biting, but the way he worded it was rather clever.

He finally employed his terribly convoluted and imprecise writing style in an amusing way.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
esther = wildcat.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   

[esther]
And BTW, Socrates would be sooooooo disappointed. You are a disgrace to your name.

I never liked him anyway. He chickened out in the end pppffftttttt
See a little more about Sam Houston - - - -v (below)

theron dunn
Do you kiss your momma with that nasty mouth?

Yeah I did- she didn't seem to mind.
She died in 1987, God rest her weary soul. Too much of me I guess /shrug\

Well- thanks for the proof YOU finally learned something! Houston did regret letting �the butcher� go. I think Houston's later life proved beyond any shadow of doubt that he was willing, able and man-enough to throw his own personal reputation to the winds for the sake of a higher duty (and it was NOT masonry).

This is why I admire Sam Houston.

Any physically large, strong and rich man can do things that appear great. It takes a great man to do those things that appear small.

When Houston stood up to his fellow legislators even to the peril of disgrace and dishonor he transcended mere mortality and became what many remember him as �the father of Texas!�

Sam traveled a hard road to get to greatness. When he arrived he was covered in disdain but plodded onward. I have always held a kind of reverence for him.

esther
. . . other naysayers

Theory can have no defense, it is only conjecture.

History is its own mother. The facts speak for themselves, you just don't like the baby.

LTD

You may want to follow your own advice- it appears good, but I have been wrong-

Jamestownred
I think it is fair to logically come to the conclusion that Gadfly, is in fact, Mike Gentry, or at least wishes to masquerade as him.

Assumptions are, what?

Why do any of you care who that I am? It matters not. What matters (on this thread) is WHAT is masonry?

df1
unjustified superiority complex

Did I spit on my keyboard reading that? Nay, nay the stream was from my nostrils- not being able to hold back the obvious hilarity.

You ���guys��� are sooooo funny

es is MY GAL!

theron �death threat�
Ahh, what a terrible waste of electricity.

esther

I should do a new Avatar. Prostitute in scarlet holding the cup of Wrath with the text : Mystery~ Queen of Babylon... sponsored by PublicLoki, Inc.

I am somewhat saddened to read this.

Not really- I LIKE IT!

(I do miss the 'love' thing- saved it to my HD- it was G-r-e-a-t)

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by esther
Holy Hindu Cow, Batman!

Where did he say that? Can you link me? I gotta see this.

esther.

The post has been deleted, as have the offending images that started the discussion in the first place.

Originally Posted by PublicGadfly

Sam traveled a hard road to get to greatness. When he arrived he was covered in disdain but plodded onward. I have always held a kind of reverence for him.

Or, more accurately, a ROUGH AND RUGGED ROAD, maintaining his honor and integrity, courage and strength, Justice and Charity throughout his life. Hardly the demon you tried to conjure. Often when you do the right thing you will be criticized by small minds... as a mason, I see this constantly.

To paraphrase Einstein: Great men (and great societies) will always be opposed by mediocre souls.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Gadfly:

I'd like to recomend a book, if I may:

The Magus, by John Fowles. Get the Dell revised edition, if you can. It's sold in most bookstores. A brilliant work.

The reason I'm recommending it is that it might give you plenty to think about, perhaps encourage you to consider the role of ritual, secrecy, and mystery in a different light. In my experience, people either love it, or find it infuriating. A rather controversial work. Fowles is considered one of the 20th century's great writers. It's a classic. Enjoy.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by LTD602]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   

stoneskull

theron dunn , you are so confused i think you are psychotic.

You are making things up in your head based on preconceived notions. You went off on this trip about nothing and are still tripping. I wasn't slandering Albert Pike

I was, wasn't I? I am confused now-

Oh, I just read the deffinition- nope. No one has slandered Bro. Pike except the pro-masons.
��#2 A false and malicious statement or report about someone ��

The pro-masons do this all the time about Pike. Most of what they post about him is false. Malicious? Probably not- the rest of masonry has discounted or discredited him already. His supporters are like the Ostrich with his head in the sand- wondering what that pain in his tail feathers is. They don't want to look for fear it might be a lion. Who knows, probably just a strange Ostrich?

theron

The post has been deleted, as have the offending images that started the discussion in the first place.

Images? What images?
Way to go THERON! Don't deny- just delete!! Classic masonry at its insidious best

theron

Or, more accurately, a ROUGH AND RUGGED ROAD, maintaining his honor and integrity, courage and strength, Justice and Charity throughout his life. Hardly the demon you tried to conjure. Often when you do the right thing you will be criticized by small minds... as a mason, I see this constantly.

About Sam Houston- get real. Three wives, two abandoned H-E-L l o theron

Persecution complex personified? Poor guy, theron, I know� the road less traveled,� am I right?

LTD
�John Fowles's celebrated cult novel �
�reality and fantasy are deliberately confused by staged deaths, erotic encounters, and terrifying violence �

�exploration of love, betrayal and accountability�

From what you've been posting this seems appropriate. I have been wrong-

Probably read it in the early 70's along with the French Lt's/ Woman.

I liked him O.K., not terribly inspirational unless you seek justification for cults and things like that- to each their own I guess.

After you become a mason, not before, you might want to read �The Story of O.� This is the ultimate denigration of woman as an object. I read it, threw it in the trash, burned it and took a shower. I still felt dirty. It is considered a classic.

Quote by others:
�this work is worthy to stand beside the best writings of the Marquis de Sade �

At that time I was given One Dimensional Man by an educator I much admired.

I hated the book. I read it again after at least a year and still hated it.

This is the main reason I so seldom use �quotes� and those superb �sayings� others like so well. I got rid of me quotable quotes and all similar books after reading this the first time. The seond time- (I hated it)

Want to get really deep? Look into this book. You will not like it. (i am not wrong about this)

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PublicGadfly

I was, wasn't I? I am confused now-

Not just now, all the time it seems...

Originally posted by Theron Dunn

Images? What images?
Way to go THERON! Don't deny- just delete!! Classic masonry at its insidious best

Uh, bud? I am NOT a moderator, so I can't delete anything... nice slander though, and of course, the ad homenim is real cute too... you must not have any argument to start in on that line of obfuscation.

[edit on 7/9/04 by theron dunn]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Alright, Gadfly, I'll have a look at some of the material you posted.

I admit, though, I haven't had to take a shower after reading anything . . . yet, hehe.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   
ATS thread murder, abuse, lots of masonry dire deeds

You have to judge for yourself-

Be forewarned- some of the things there may shock you!

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Heh. The only thing in there that is shocking is the amount of effort you put into trying to prove that the "death" (no-body anywhere calls it murder) was attributable to Freemasonry when it clearly was not.

As you seem to have lniked to that thread in a few places, I guess you must have put some effort into it and spent quite a good deal of time trying to create it. It's a pity that it's contents are false.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Yeah, its kind of funny, really. If PublicGadfly spent as much time reading the materials he posts as he does prevaricating and twisting, he would clearly see that the incident was a) not masonic b) Out of the range of normal activities C) unusual d) dealt with by the grand master swiftly by yanking the lodge's charter and suspending the men involved e) outrageous EVEN TO MASONS f) NOT A MASONIC EVENT.

So, on all scores, this is a terrible event (the shooting) and even more terrible when in any forum, someone tries to use it to slander and defame good men... especially in the face of links to articles that clearly show it to be other than what this person is trying to characterize, especially on a forum with the stated purpose of DENYING IGNORANCE, not promulgating it.

PublicGadfly, you SHOULD be ashamed of yourself... if you had a sense of shame... or honor.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join