It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make Sure The Bills You Pay Are Actually Yours!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I am sitting here waiting for a phone call from my insurance company as I type this. Why am I waiting for a call? Because someone with the same last name as me got my mail by mistake and paid my insurance.

Now some people might just let it ride, but I am not one of those people. I contacted my insurance company yesterday when I found out (I tried to pay my bill online and it had already been paid). They gave me the person's name and the check number that this person had mailed in. I was able to get the person's address and age (73 years old) but no phone number. I went to their house to try to repay them but noone was home. So now I am waiting for a call back from the insurance company. They are trying to find his check so they can mail it back to him.

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that EVERYONE, regardless of your age, should read your bills carefully before you put a check in the mail. Make sure that bills are actually YOURS before you pay them. Sometimes the post office makes mistakes but it is up to each one of us to make sure that mail delivered to our address/p.o. box is actually ours.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Man! The sad part is the guy who paid (HIS) insurance isn't covered. I hope nothing happens to either one of you until this is cleared up!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Thanks! That's the first thing I thought of also. I'm hoping this poor old dude doesn't get in an accident before this all gets rectified. My insurance company knows what is going on, and fortunately I am covered.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Yeah good call, fix the situation.

Imagine if they got your bill and didn't pay. Then you would be screwed.

Thanks for being an honest person, we need more people willing to do the right thing even if it is detrimental to themselves or their temporary interests.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Man! The sad part is the guy who paid (HIS) insurance isn't covered. I hope nothing happens to either one of you until this is cleared up!

I assume if something did happen, and one of them ended up not being covered even though both are trying to keep payments up, that it is grounds for legal action.

This is the fault of the insurance company primarily, so they would be liable for any problems that arise due to their negligence.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
My inlaws were living in one of our houses, and I accidently paid their electric bill, instead of ours. A winter time expensive bill.

They did say thanx, with no intention of paying us back
Inlaws, what else can you say.....

That was an expensive month, as I still had to pay our bill too.....

Now, I look at the account numbers on everything, not just the name.

new topics

top topics

join