It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Orbit Wrong Cornell University Says.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
I am threading this frankly because I want those who are not aware or those who just don't know to have a chance to see this and make their own decision. The moon is not right. Many people here on ATS know this. Thousands of people worldwide also are aware. The internet has a mulltitude of eye witness acounts. It is my hope that this will put some light on the doubters and possibly keep the trollers / and derailers away long enough to allow some of you a chance to read so facts that are not opions of mine alone but of Educated people in this field.,,

Moon Orbit Wrong Cornell University associate Lorenzo Lorio, Has Researched i'm sure because of public outcry & observations made by You, my Friends, Visitors & others on the Internet and Concluded that Indeed there Is Something Wrong With The Sun Moon & Earth

The link to the full story and video is below. I only ask that you who do not know or for those that are not sure, please read the story and watch the video. It won't be long before the Dis-info agents attack this thread. That's fine. They are more concerned with being self proclaimed authorities than the possible chance that we all need to sit up and take notice of whats going on HERE AND NOW..

unhypnotize.com...

15d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance written permission from TAN or their agents). You will not post-by-proxy the material of banned members or other individuals who are not members, but have written a response to content within a thread on these forums.
Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review
edit on Thu Nov 17 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

After 40 years of observation, the variation is seen to be less than 6 inches at apogee and perigee. A very tiny effect seen in high precision data.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I find this so fasinating, but I too am no genius nor math wizard - However - as the Earth's axis is changing (and NASA has confirmed - due to earthquakes) it would seem to me that the path of the moon's orbit would change as well. Maybe, this is what the Mayan calendar is all about - the next Earth cycle change. Edgar Cayce has also stated that the Earth's axis will shift, so could this be the effect?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by depeche

Not really:

However - as the Earth's axis is changing (and NASA has confirmed - due to earthquakes) it would seem to me that the path of the moon's orbit would change as well.

The variance due to crustal mass distribution, and how it affects the actual physical axis that the Earth spins around is extremely, extremely, extremely tiny.

Here.....an article about it. Sure, you might think to yourself, "Wow! Six and a half inches!!" But, that's such a small percentage of the entire planet, you have to put it into that perspective.

NASA: Japan quake shortened Earth’s day

(The "shortened day" is about 1.8 microseconds!! Or, about ONE-Millionth of ONE second).

In any case, there is no plausible mechanism that would significantly affect the Moon's orbit, from a physical Earth axis change. A huge change in Earth's mass, though, would have some perturbation effects. But, that's completely unlikely anyways.

BUT, the bare bones part of this story that began the thread?? It's not anywhere near as the Opening Post attempted to portray it, in terms of the very tiny anomaly that is the point of this paper.

edit on Thu 22 December 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by depeche
I find this so fasinating, but I too am no genius nor math wizard - However - as the Earth's axis is changing (and NASA has confirmed - due to earthquakes) it would seem to me that the path of the moon's orbit would change as well. Maybe, this is what the Mayan calendar is all about - the next Earth cycle change. Edgar Cayce has also stated that the Earth's axis will shift, so could this be the effect?

The change in position of the true pole is on the order of inches due to earthquakes. It is a small change due to a slight redistribution of mass.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LightWatcher

The change in position of the true pole is on the order of inches due to earthquakes.

Incorrect. The location of the "true poles" did not change. That would mean that the axis of rotation moved. It did not, that could only be caused by an outside force. A very powerful outside force.

It was the figure axis which was (theoretically) slightly dislocated by the earthquakes.

Gross also estimates that the Chile earthquake shifted Earth's figure axis by about three inches (eight centimeters).

Deviating roughly 33 feet (10 meters) from the north-south axis around which Earth revolves, the figure axis is the imaginary line around which the world's unevenly distributed mass is balanced.

To explain the difference, Keith Sverdrup, a seismologist at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, likened Earth to a spinning figure skater holding a rock in one hand. The rotational axis of the skater is still down the middle of the body, he said, but the skater's figure axis is shifted slightly in the direction of the hand holding the rock.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

edit on 12/22/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
adsabs.harvard.edu...

Here its published that there is something on "anomalous secular increase of the eccentricity of the orbit of the moon" from Harvard no less.

So what's causing it?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
adsabs.harvard.edu...

Already discussed to death. A "planet X" type perturber was specifically ruled out by the paper, please read the actual paper with some level of understanding.

Here its published that there is something on "anomalous secular increase of the eccentricity of the orbit of the moon" from Harvard no less.

It's not published from Harvard, it's published by the journal "Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society." Not knocking the latter, but you apparently didn't even read what your link actually said.

As for what's actually causing it, the scientists who actually discovered the anomalous increase (it wasn't Iorio), suggest that it is probably due to internal dynamics of the moon that are not yet fully understood and investigated. The moon's interior in general is not as well investigated as the earth's interior, and more work remains to be done by future probes and missions to the lunar surface (indeed, even GRAIL is specifically designed to contribute to our knowledge of the lunar interior).

There is no evidence for any anomaly in the tidal acceleration in mean longitude. By contrast, the anomalous lunar eccentricity rate indicates that something is not understood well enough. Though it cannot be said with certainty that the anomaly comes from the Moon, the lunar interior is less well known than the Earth‘s interior. Computation of lunar orbit evolution over long times needs a good understanding of the various contributions to the secular rates. Long-time evolution of the orbit is complex because of evolving lunar thermal conditions and changing ocean tides (Bills and Ray, 1999).

cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The possibility raised by Williams and Boggs was not investigated by Iorio, but the perturber theory Iorio did investigate resulted in it being ruled out as a possibility. Furthermore, as has been exhaustively stated and demonstrated, the scale of the anomaly is far too small for anyone to see by eye or even by telescope, it can only be detected by lunar laser ranging.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I disagree cornell. The moon is right where it should be based on the laws of the universe XD

It is your interpretation of where the moon should be that is wrong.

Lol, I love when "academics" come out and say something is wrong, when it is clearly just as the way it should be.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I was on my cell phone late afternoon today looking at google sky map. Everything alligned up....sun setting...etc.....moon was way off.......google sky map showed it in the northern sky....it apppeared in the northeast sky.....check it out
edit on 12-2-2014 by waverunner87 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

waverunner87
I was on my cell phone late afternoon today looking at google sky map. Everything alligned up....sun setting...etc.....moon was way off.......google sky map showed it in the northern sky....it apppeared in the northeast sky.....check it out
edit on 12-2-2014 by waverunner87 because: spelling

Google sky is not exactly an authoritative source of information about the moon. I've found the phone to be quite buggy. The moon should have been in the northeast for my location yesterday late afternoon as well, according to my own calculations. It sounds to me like Google Sky was just fouled up.
dropcanvas.com...

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join