It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Tracking Down an Old Thread on a Tech Scam* (Buy This Sticker to Support Development)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Hey, it's been a while since I've started any new threads... most stuff I've been able to find through the search function, so no reason to post (I'm not quick enough on the draw, usually... lol)

Anyways, on another forum a member popped up a thread about the Raspberry Pi. en.wikipedia.org... (wiki link)

It looks cool and all, but I had a total skepticism about it which I just attributed to a lackluster in technology, until this morning. Here's their site's first page: www.raspberrypi.org...

The sticker thing was bugging me, and laying in bed this morning I remembered why. Years ago there was a thread about something similar, and the guy was selling what turned out to be dollar store stickers... fruit stickers, too. He touted them "These are just the right size to cover your Windows Logo key". It turned out there was no tech... he was just selling the stickers. One of the ATS members actually went out and bought a pack of the stickers and posted a picture.

While I do think the Raspberry Pi IS legitimate, I made an apology for being so cynical, and I'd love to track down that particular thread, or any info regarding it just to show the guys what I was talking about.

So, does anyone remember this scam, or could help me track down the thread? I'm coming up with nothing in searches. I think it was about 6 years ago (but I could be way off on that).

join