It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Calls My Business at 7:45am Wanting Company Information

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
At 7:45 am this morning, I received a call at my office from the Dept of Homeland Security. My company uses the E-Verify as it is mandated in some of our contracts as a health provider.

The “courtesy agent” from DHS wanted to update my company information for their system.

I complied and answered a series of questions ranging from the total number of employees, new hires, software, administrator information and what government contracts my company has in place.

Those of you who use the E-Verify know that it’s now integrated with your States Highway Patrol for drivers licenses ID matching.

Biomatix is just around the corner........

I find this bothersome to say the least that my government is collecting information on small businesses and for what reason.

The E-Verify System is a control mechanism and collecting information could only be used to further that control.

Curious if any other business owners out in the ATS matrix use E-Verify and have been approached yet with questions concerning your businesses operations?

edit on 15-11-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I received a phone call a couple of days ago, and I cannot actually remember if an agency name was given, but it was a guy attempting to collect my information to issue me a state medical health identification card. I quickly denied the offer, he attempted to convince me, yet when I told him that I would be perfectly healthy WITHOUT the card, he sounded dumbfounded. As if he hadn't even thought of that. I found it strange, is all.

Just more information stockpiling? I read that you are in the medical field?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Well in my case I do not take phone calls from numbers that I can not recognized in my list of safe calls, plain and simple I sometimes get up to 5 different calls from numbers that I have not clue who they are, if the calls are that important they can leave messages for call backs.

In this way I can filter any calls I don't want to answer.

Now funny enough the IRS use to call once a year to update my husband working status and salary information since we were audited in 2003 for several years, but that is now over, so is not their darn business what my husband makes a year, they can pretty much wait for the darn income tax return to check on that, that is what my husband told them back in 2008 and they have not call since then.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I know that I'm on ATS, but I have alot of girls (shocking) who's number just don't end up in my list of contacts.

This forces me to hang up on collection agencies rather frequently.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It is my firm belief that each businessman is allowed to make what ever business decisions that they feel is best for their business.

You have made business decisions that allow an intrusive Government access to your internal business data.

Had you desired to keep your business internal data to yourself, you would have made different choices in the past.

Personally, I have not made business decisions which give an intrusive Government access to my internal data.

Yes, this decision has “cost” me business and profits, but for myself, I value personal control and direction more than I value a larger bottom-line. Anyway the Government would just want a larger portion of my bottom-line. So when your consider all I really have not lost any money through this decision.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Just a question . . . how did you confirm it was actually an authorized representative of the Department of Gestapo Tactics before you answered their questions?

If anyone asks me anything of a personal or confidential nature over the telephone, I tell them quite specifically that in order for me to confirm anything more than the fact I'm talking on the phone to somebody I do not know, I won't be saying bupity-doolah until they get their rear end over to my house or business with credentials and/or identification I can verify.

There's a lot of sleezy people out there.

Just askin'

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I get probing calls like this all of the time, never from DHS. Are small businesses required to spoon feed all of our information to the government now?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The gov't is going to eventually get involved in your business one way or another, it's inevitable. This global market expansion isn't going to overlook and exclude a small business. I keep seeing the old "problem, reaction, solution" in everything unfortunately. We didn't need things like E-verify until the top of the pyramid broke things down and caused these new problems, then they come up with the solution to the problems they caused, and what do we do? We keep voting and hoping things change, or as Einstein calls it, insanity.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I find this bothersome to say the least that my government is collecting information on small businesses and for what reason.

You sure this was a DHS agent and not someone just data mining your company for some reason?

I know it may be nothing more than paranoia, but anyone can call anyone and say anything, for whatever reason (some rather spectacular crimes have been pulled off with nothing more than a phone call). IMHO, always better to advise the caller you will call the entity directly for whatever is needed.

Regardless, though, government intrusiveness on this and other fronts is overbearing and indicative of a grid I'd rather not acknowledge or lend aid to.

Be safe out there.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

When I started my business back in 2008 I was sound not to do business with the “Government”.

Due to the crash I had to restructure our business plan for survival which incorporated “State” contracts that required our business to utilize the E-Verify ……………..

So that’s how the beast arrived………

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
We also received the same call. We own a small business that uses e-verify. A letter was mailed out awhile back that said they would be calling to verify/update company information, so it wasn't a surprise. Although we would prefer to not have to use e-verify, with the current business climate, you have to make sure you're not hiring illegals. The penalties can be much harsher than they used to be, and public opinion is much different also. You have to CYA these days.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Who knows buddy, it could have to do with your situation down there. Not trying to sound like a broken record but what made you change your mind about writing that other thread? They're probably related. DHS does control FEMA now.

link   
reply to post by Praetorius

My caller ID came up DHS E-Verify…………….

They already had information from when I registered the company into the DHS system and specifically asked to speak with me since I am the system administrator for E-Verify………..

The agent completely identified herself prior to questioning with information they already had on file.

link   
I have avoided telephones fairly consistently for the last few years.

I have probably made a dozen calls in the last 2000 days. Yes, like one call per 100 days.

Can you imagine that?

Life has never been better, to be honest.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by Praetorius

My caller ID came up DHS E-Verify…………….

I would have not answered it.

And if anyone figured out I was avoiding answering it, I would have made up some elaborate excuses, and played stupid.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ludshed

As I told the mod Getreadyallready who is from here…………..”Who is going to listen?” and does it really matter in comparison to the other big events like Japan and the Gulf where the eveidence is right in front of our eyes but the masses ignore the truth………..Even here on ATS?

The last Joplin thread was closed due to a shill derailing the thread…………….That would occur again if I brought the topic forward……..

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

OH, it's definitely coming. I posted about it 1 year ago, and now we are intimately more close to it than we were at this time last year. How Close Are We?

I think we need one good disaster or attack, and one more term of Obama, and they will make a very strong push toward Biomatrix. Then, there will be some pushback, they will relax a little, but the damage will be done. Sort of like gas prices. They jump from $2 to $5.50, people scream, so they drop back to $3.50 and people are happy about it?

This is how the "Mark" will happen. They'll push, and push, and get 90% of the way there, people will scream, we'll drop back to 75% and people will be happy, and people will voluntarily submit themselves and their children out of pure convenience, and in another generation or 2 at the most, we will all be living the nightmare.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by brokedown

When I started my business back in 2008 I was sound not to do business with the “Government”.

Due to the crash I had to restructure our business plan for survival which incorporated “State” contracts that required our business to utilize the E-Verify ……………..

So that’s how the beast arrived………

It's impossible to avoid the government. You can get inside, and do business with the government and do alright, or you can fight the system, butt up against regulations at every turn, limit your client base, and get run out by a larger corporation with the contacts you don't have. Sad but true.

You have to embrace the beast and figure out what makes it tick. Once you get to know government workers, and you realize their lack of skill and motivation, the beast isn't so intimidating. It is more like the blob than the beast.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by waybehind

Never received the letter………Just the call…….

I think the system could be used for a “good thing”………..But it appears that it will be used as a control mechanism instead.

How odd it is that the Gov does not want any illegal’s to be employed by the Gov or any of its contractors but it thumbs up and “okay” for them to be in this country, receive benefits, college tuition and so on………..

Cheap work force,

“They” no it and want it……………

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I have avoided telephones fairly consistently for the last few years.

I have probably made a dozen calls in the last 2000 days. Yes, like one call per 100 days.

Can you imagine that?

Life has never been better, to be honest.

Ditto.
Once I started speaking from the heart about things like 9/11, Geoengineering, etc., my phone slowly stopped ringing and I became free of the damn thing. It was a good way to weed out the nimrods too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join