It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dual balloon thought experiment.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This thought experiment is just an idea I had. It represents a cyclic model of an expanding/contracting universe. It coincides with the big bounce model, which is generally unaccepted by scientists on grounds of quantum physics and an infinite energy requirement. It goes as followed, I'll explain every analogy.

Suppose you had two balloons. Imagine these as two seperate universes. Both balloons are taped together at the opening, representing the link, or some sort of singularity, if you will, between the two universes. One of the balloons are spontaneously inflated, i.e. The Big Bang. As the balloon reaches its stretching boundary, the balloons are flipped, the gas in the balloon (dark energy) begins reversing. The gas escapes through the connection of the two balloons to the deflated balloon, which inflates, causing the inflated balloon to deflate. This continues on endlessly.

The main problem I can find with this experiment is that there is no known singularity of the type I described that exists.

I'm open to thoughts and criticism. Anyone care to speculate?
edit on 15-11-2011 by zigmeister because: Typos. Sorry, people. Hope I caught them all.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zigmeister

Not sure quite what a 'desperate' universe is, but maybe it would have to be to act like this lol.

It is definitely an interesting theory, and the universe is riddled with black holes. This could be your taped opening. And the properties of the singularity are unknown anyway, though 2 balloons doesn't sound to singular....

But if the universe were to 'deflate' or collapse, it would be under the influence of gravity, which i assume would well and truly counter anything a black hole could put out (or rather suck in). So essentially you would end up with two deflated ballons, or maybe even just one as the deflating ballon may well suck the other deflating ballon into to it as well.
edit on 15/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

crap what am i going to do with these two balloons now

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

I meant separate. Somehow my phone thought I was trying to say desperate. Lol. And I see where you're coming from with the black holes, (when I use "singularity" I didn't mean exclusively black holes) but is there a possibility it could be something different? Maybe a wormhole? Or a rip in space/time? Or maybe even something unknown to science?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

My computer screen is all cracked up.. Literally.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
There will be an equilibrium:

when both balloons have reached the same pressure, there is no need for one of them to deflate further because in that instant the other balloon would reach a higher pressure and the molecules would wander back to the more deflated ballon, inflating it again.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The balloons would stabilize - the pressure would be equal -- in essence two balloons joined is one balloon.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Let's suppose that instead of simple tape, there is some sort of valve, that only allows pressure to escape to the deflated balloon, once that balloon has built up x amount of pressure, therefore not creating a state of equilibrium. Would this correlate with the big bounce theory?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

If Dark energy or anti matter were more so on one side, when the two sides move to the other, wouldnt their be a huge destruction of matter? That would be kinda like having one massive sun in the center that burned for eternity due to the constant collision of matter and antimatter. Right?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

If Dark energy or anti matter were more so on one side, when the two sides move to the other, wouldnt their be a huge destruction of matter? That would be kinda like having one massive sun in the center that burned for eternity due to the constant collision of matter and antimatter. Right?

Dark energy and antimatter are two totally different things. Dark energy is the unseen force that causes the rapid expansion of the universe, propelling it, essentially. Antimatter is, the opposite of matter, it has the same atomic structure, but all of the molecules carry an opposite charge than that of ordinary matter.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Thanks for the clerification. I knew that, and I have no idea why I threw it in there, coupling it with dark matter for some retarded reason. lol Long day maybe.

Still though, if there was a mass seperation of dark and regular matter in such a manner, I would imagine a huge powerhouse in the center of the two, perhaps keeping some sort of cycle going. Just a thought, although not much of anything solid to hold onto.. heh

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

Not sure quite what a 'desperate' universe is, but maybe it would have to be to act like this lol.

It is definitely an interesting theory, and the universe is riddled with black holes. This could be your taped opening. And the properties of the singularity are unknown anyway, though 2 balloons doesn't sound to singular....

But if the universe were to 'deflate' or collapse, it would be under the influence of gravity, which i assume would well and truly counter anything a black hole could put out (or rather suck in). So essentially you would end up with two deflated ballons, or maybe even just one as the deflating ballon may well suck the other deflating ballon into to it as well.

I too was going to mention the whole equilibrium thing but I figured you weren't a total idiot
and would have considered this and had factored in some force which acted on each balloon to push the air into the other...

edit on 15/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

kNot bad but it's based on their theories, thus, wrong.

Imagine two separate spatial dimensions, one under the other and the other above the one. Then imagine all black holes being the openings between them, basically doorways. Then imagine all those spiral galaxies creating enormous amounts of electromagnetic energy, enough to power the entire universe, with plenty to spare, and all of that energy is absorbed through the skin of space and into the spatial dimension below this one and the resulting inverted energy floods that dimension, and as more is absorbed, the current inverted energy flooding that dimension is pushed out the massive doorways (black holes) at the center of those spiral galaxies. That explains where virgin matter comes from and you say an infinite power supply cannot be found? It's right under your nose!

Can you say Magneto Generator? That's what a spiral galaxy is!

The Electromagnetic Perpetual Motion Universe Theory explains what you are missing, including the fact that every galaxy is born one at a time, which explains why they are finding galaxies with very little mass to them but they have a massive center black hole (actually two back-to-back black holes) and their current theories cannot explain those galaxies but that's because their current theories are based on faulty thinking.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zigmeister

Dark energy and antimatter are two totally different things. Dark energy is the unseen force that causes the rapid expansion of the universe, propelling it, essentially. Antimatter is, the opposite of matter, it has the same atomic structure, but all of the molecules carry an opposite charge than that of ordinary matter.

Actually, science doesn't have a clue what anti-matter is.
They just think they dew!

What they've been playing with is Negative Matter, kNot anti-matter, for they are incapable of creating true anti-matter, considering true anti-matter is inverted matter. But science still doesn't kNow that atoms have 2 nuclei, kNot just a nucleus.

True anti-matter is inverted matter, with the inner nucleus becoming the outer nuclei skin and the outer nuclei skin becoming the nucleus, then the trons revolve backwards and the charge of the atom is opposite as well, negative but it isn't Negative Matter, it's true anti-matter and with the Negative Matter they've been playing with, the second it comes into contact with Positive Mater, the two annihilate one another, whereas true anti-matter, when exposed to this dimension, will go to finite, invert, revert, then expel energy and sub-atomic particles will remain.
Science cannot duplicate the process that creates anti-matter and science also can't figure out where the anti-matter is, since they cannot find it anywhere in the universe but it's right under their nose.

You are living in the Dark Ages and you need to wake up and realize that!

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Thanks for the clerification. I knew that, and I have no idea why I threw it in there, coupling it with dark matter for some retarded reason. lol Long day maybe.

Still though, if there was a mass seperation of dark and regular matter in such a manner, I would imagine a huge powerhouse in the center of the two, perhaps keeping some sort of cycle going. Just a thought, although not much of anything solid to hold onto.. heh

Huge Powerhouse? kNot a bad way of looking at it!

It is huge!

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

To produce electromagnetic energy you have to move a conductor through a magnetic field.

There is no aligned magnetic field around a galaxy or even a theory of that, there is far too much chaos in the local magnetic fields (of suns, planets, etc.). Imagine a magnetic field constructed of the individual fields of earth, jupiter, saturn together. This should be possible, as every one of these planets have a well-defined field with known poles.

Now add the sun with its turbulances, its protuperances (each driven by its own magnetic field) and you get even for one single solar system: complete chaos in the magnetic field.

I highly doubt that there is a meaningful mean value of the added local magnetic fields of an entire galaxy.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

What we call "antimatter" is what scientists have been producing in particle accelerators. Now "negative matter" is a term which refers to certain types of exotic matter.... Such as exotic baryons.... Now it is hypothesized that dark matter could be a form of exotic matter. The "antimatter" as you described it, is thoretical matter. Nonetheless, if we were talking about exotic forms of matter, it could exhibit an influence on expansion/contraction.

Keep in mind, these are terms, which scientists use everyday, publish in several reports, and peer reviews in a week, and apply to what they are used for.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join