It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To serve or not to serve.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I think the question is to serve or not to serve. That that was what was meant with the question to be or not to be. Will you serve or won't you. If there is something human about us it must the fact that we can serve. Check yourself out, how you resist to serve. It seems such a big deal. I won't because he is... this,.. that. I won't, I won't.

Do that for your brother. no I won't. I don't want to.

To serve or not to serve, that's the question!

The answer ofcourse, is to serve.

Don't blame me.

Btw; If we were all to serve, there would be no war.

What to serve you ask? You're impossible!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

I think you need to re-read Hamlet.....

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I understand your point and i thought about it many times. Eventually people will realize that its better to help others.

Someone does something to you that is wrong. The best you can do is to help her change, to stop doing bad.

The problem is that many people donĀ“t know how to serve/help other people.

How do you help someone that does wrong?

Should you just give him love? Should you tell him what he is doing wrong? Maybe he will not take it easily.
Should you leave him alone?
Should you punish? Some people need discipline and penalty to wake up.
Some people take advice badly.
Maybe some people need to do wrong because they need to learn from their mistakes, so we should let him be.
Maybe some people need to feel what they made others feel, to learn from that, maybe we should let them live a bad experience, because they need it. f you save them from that experience you are only dealing that experience because sooner or later they will go through it. They need it.

How do you help people?

In my view the problem is not to serve/help or not. The problem is how to do it in an effective way IMHO

Your thoughts?

edit on 16-11-2011 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I think that thinking you have to serve is the problem. The world tells you to give and serve and love, 'others'!!!
I don't believe serving will stop war, it makes it possible to have war. Serve 'your' country. The problem is that we choose who we serve, we have borders that tell us where to serve and where not to serve.
If we don't serve or appear not to be then we are 'bad'. And we so much want to be good.

Did you hear about the monkey who reached into the river and pulled out the fish? "I will save you from drowning!!" said the monkey.

Compassion is allowing others to evolve at their own pace. To let it be.

I am not saying that serving will not occur but don't intend anything, attend instead.
edit on 16-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join