It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something took over me earlier today

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Wow, thank you for bringing hope to the world.

Star and Flag.

I was warmed very much by this thread, as I can see, many others feel the same way.
You somehow just made my day, and I will celebrate your love and kindness all day today.

Thank you, you have my deepest respect, from the heart.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Good for you. Your act of kindness will not go unrewarded, of that I am certain.

At school, I took part in a musical production of Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol". A tale that everybody knows thanks to Walt Disney, though perhaps few have actually read. Despite the many hours of rehearsals and actual performances, I never failed to be moved by the final act of the story, where old Ebenezer realises the the extent to which his greed has contributed towards the suffering of others. I believe that all of us should make conscious efforts to do whatever we can to help those with less.

Your post struck a particular chord with me this morning. The front page of our local paper reported how the heir to a large Swedish company, EF, has just paid the equivalent of $3.5 m for a HOLIDAY HOME just a few miles from my home. That's a lotta money. I wonder how many beloved pets could have been saved for that? Or how many of those starving and suffering from cholera in the worlds largest, and largely forgotten refugee camp at Dadaab in Kenya?

Once again, credit to you for your incredible kindness. I believe in Karma and you will get your just rewards. The same I hope will go for Mr. Philip Hult in his lavish new $3.5 m second home

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
What a wonderful thing you did! Not only did you help that dog, you also showed that 12 yr what it feels like to be on the receiving end of compassion. I would be my life that that child will remember your kindness and will someday pay it forward.

Now, this has been bugging me. The OP didn't post this to let everyone know he did a kind deed, or to brag about it. He posted this story because he was pissed off because the sick dog was refused treatment because the owners couldn't pay. Why should he only tell half the story?

One should NEVER announce that they have performed an act of kindness, you have already received all the reward that you are due through our praise of your actions.

Next time, do something nice and don't tell anyone.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7It's sad how money decides whether or not you'll have a place to sleep, if you'll eat or if you'll live or die. What happened to compassion? Why have we decided to put Money above everything else? Have we really sunk so low that having money decides whether or not someone will live or die?
edit on 11/15/2011 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

Yes, it's all because some of us are addicted to the feeling of having a lot of money. Compassion is only for those who are not addicted (yet). Its painful to see how ignorant most of the rich are, and how far the humans are from creating a world where everybody helps each other.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Whilst I agree that vets, like doctors, are there for business and to make money, I an amazed that ATS members have fallen for the Vaccination Hoax.
Are you not aware that there has never been a scientific experiment that validates the use of vaccines? It simply does not work. Does it seem sense to you to inject known poisons into your or your pet's bloodstream - it's just a huge profitable hoax.
For the history of vaccination, please take a look at:
sites.google.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Great story, and good on you for lending a hand to them.

When you mentioned your credit card, I for some reason pictured "Mastercard commercial".

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It's nice to see, finally, people are starting to get the "pay it forward" mentality as a habit and not just as some random thing we do to gain the kudos of others.
I really don't think the OP did this random act of kindness, nor posted it here to gain favour or the cheers of others, more than to point out how society is sometimes geared toward the up-front notion. Granted, business owners have a right to be paid for their services, otherwise they simply wouldn't be in business for long, but that's not really what the thread is about. It's more about the fact that we can, as humans being, sometimes make a difference in the lives of others just because we can.
And those who complain that the OP should not have posted here for that exact reason, why the hell should the rest of us not know about the changes others try to make in their daily lives and the lives of those around us? Seems this thread has brought out the best in a bunch of cynics here at ATS, and put a smile on more than one face (Don't deny it either, you know who you are
)
Anyway, well done to you friend, your actions have proven one thing if nothing else; that humanity still has hope.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
It happened yesterday, I was at the veterinarian clinic to get my dog's shots up to date. Keep in my mind that my financial situation is not the best in the world. While I was there waiting, this man and his daughter came inside with their dog that seemed very sick. They had the $125 for the basic physical exam to see what was wrong with the dog, however the receptionist told them that any treatment after that would be at extra cost. The man told the receptionist that he had no money to cover the extra expenses after that. He was told to fill out an application for something called "Care Credit", it's a credit card but it can only be used for medical expenses. He didn't qualify.

He was begging to the receptionist in front of his 12 year old daughter, their dog was in very bad shape. It's shocking how some veterinarians claim they "love animals" but they ignore animals that are in desperate need of help, time and time again. I know that they have expenses to pay, and a staff that expects a paycheck every week but how can they sleep at night knowing they let an animal die, just because it's owners didn't have money?

I was sitting there, and I was listening to the whole thing, and I told myself that I needed to do something to help them. For me, money is not as important as saving a life whether it's a human or an animal. So as they were leaving and getting into their car, I followed them and called the man over, I talked to him and told him that I would talk to the receptionist and ask her I could use my credit card to pay for their expenses, I was able to and I told the man that he could pay me monthly or whenever he could. I really don't care if he doesn't pay me, I couldn't care less about the money or if he pays me back. What's rewarding for me is knowing that I helped someone, when they thought they had no one to turn to, their dog will be okay and the little girl is happy, knowing her dog will be okay.

It's sad how money decides whether or not you'll have a place to sleep, if you'll eat or if you'll live or die. What happened to compassion? Why have we decided to put Money above everything else? Have we really sunk so low that having money decides whether or not someone will live or die?
edit on 11/15/2011 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

I think your easily swayed by the troubles of the world but if the world has troubles, its going to be hard to help everyone. Now you may say, I helped one person but a veterinarian clinic helps everyone, so to someone pleading for help, its nothing new nor is it something they can choose to just hand out to everyone. Remember that.

Your help granted was a great deed of goodness, that cannot be mistaken and I thank you myself but what if that same dog gets ill, in 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 year in time and this same person comes asking for 'help' will you hand your money over to this person again? What if these people having not enough money, cant look after such an animal in the first place and your backing up something that is due to fail? What about the already thousands of dogs that all need help yet dont get it?

I could go on and on but id say, we can't all save the world.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

edit on 16-11-2011 by grubblesnert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
I think that is a very good think you did there.. With more people like you in this world, there is some hope for humanity..

Ditto to that. The OP is an awesome person.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

I don't think Muse was suggesting they get their services for free, but rather that they be allowed to make payments. Thank God my vet does just that for the really big expenses like emergency surgery. She also told me
I'm one of the few who make my payments on time.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyStupidity

I've been involved with local No-Kill animal shelters since I've been 14, I donate to them every time that I'm able to. I know that I don't have enough money to help everyone out there, but I try.

And it's not just with animals, we should try to help everyone out. Just small acts of kindness can make a big difference in someone's life.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

Would have done the same as you did.. Money and material things are worthless and easily earned/replaced..

I dont know about anyone else but money is not easily earned or replaced for me...

What about the home you have to keep? The family that stays under that roof with you and the mouths of your children you need to feed?

No i cant just go splash money about like its something i can easily replace. I cant just go saving a dogs life and making a family so really happy that you helped them out.

No because i would be broke and me and my family would suffer because of it.

Its a shame to but i love animals dearly and would have loved to help someone in that position but the sad matter of the fact is wouldnt be able to.

Not having a go at you but not everyone thinks like you do about money meaning nothing, because in this day and age its everything unless you know how to live of the land, build your own solar energized house and grow and farm your crops etc etc

...which is what i am learning to do in these bad times.

edit on 16-11-2011 by Vaxar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The account of human kindness, this is the only account that is worth having, it is the one account that you know when you put something into it the beneficial effects upon your soul are worth far more than anything else.
Showing kindness to strangers, whatever their circumstances, separates good honest folk from the uncaring masses.
Sometimes showing somebody a kindness when in their lives they see very little, can make them appreciate just how rewarding showing kindness can be.
Do what you can when you can, i appreciate your kindness, sometimes dogs are more human in their unconditional love than a lot of people.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Great thing you did. I lived in N.Y for about six years. I remember one year at Christmas time I was in the drug store, there was young lady there trying to pay for some prescriptions with a check ( this was early 90"s). The drug store would not take the check. You could tell this woman was really under the weather sick.

I was next in line, and the folks behind us were getting to be buttholes. So I told the young lady, you write me a check for the amount, I'll write the pharmacy a check off my account, She was in complete shock. So was every one else within earshot. She got her meds. I got to piss off the folks in line ( priceless).

As i exited the store, the young lady assured me the check was good and thanked me again. You know, I never did present that check to my bank. It;s in a frame along with the first dollar I ever made when I went in business for myself. So if your Victoria Caswell of Hollywood Florida......It' all good.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyStupidity

Maybe some special dispensation to those with proof of financial hardship, by the way of special discounts or easy payment plan.

Where there is a will there is a way.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
internet connection error double posting sorry
edit on 16-11-2011 by WinnieDaWho because: internet connection error double posting sorry

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
nothing compared to what I saw, I was in front of the ER cause a friend of mine just went into a gun fight and was severely injured, anyway that's a different story, I was in front of the ER when an ambulance parked in front of us, down came 2 couples lying on a strainer, they just came from a motorbike accident, the woman was carried down transferred to a wheelchair, his boyfriend or brother or husband or whoever, was left at the strainer, the attending nurse or medic was too "tired" to transfer the man to the hospital bed, so he told the poor man, "your too heavy can you just lift yourself up to this bed!!!" I was just WTF?????? I wanted to help but he got bandages all over his feet i'am scared I might hurt him, so he slowly and painfully transferred himself to the bed, you can see the pain in his face!!! That was just pure BULL5h**!!! And it is a hospital for humans! And in 2 hours outside the ER I saw how stupid that hospital was and how they treat people!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Theres giving and then theres giving............... www.thesun.co.uk... .bleedin hearts of the world unite,Paris youll be up amongst the saints with that little contribution.fury 1984 was correct in what he said unpopular yes but the truth never was a winner when it came to popular

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CerBeRus666

I have two kids, a dog, fish...and sea monkeys. I work hard to make sure everyone is taken care of. Right now, if something happened to my dog, it would put me in a pretty bad spot being the Holidays and all. I don't have a ton of extra money but that doesn't mean I can't take care of my responsibilities. you better believe I would work more hours to be able to take care of my dog. Shame on you for judging somebody you don't know. If he was irresponsible, he wouldn't have even tried to get the dog care in the first place.

And to the OP, you are one little girl's hero. I hope you get back the good vibes you are giving.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join