It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something took over me earlier today

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I dont know you but i Respect you for what you did it shows there are humans who care

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Wow youre a very great kind hearted person,ive done the same whether someone short on change but nothin that major,I hope to one day to maybe cross paths and shake your hand I will continue to do the same on the scale I best can.I hope to see more of us taking care of our brothers and sisters here.My father is on the verge of dying hes just 41and ive been having a #ty #ty time but this thread brought me joy and happiness and was nice to read.Bless you OP

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Veterinarians have a code they're supposed to follow, that is, if an animal is dying, they have to help it. Payment comes after saving a life.

I saw a story similar to this a few weeks ago (here on ATS I think) and the dog was not so lucky. The owner and dog were turned away and the dog died. But that's a violation of veterinary ethics, and the "hotshot" veterinarian was already in hot water with a lot of people in that town for doing just that sort of thing.

Glad you helped but the vet is obliged to help whether or not there is money in it for him.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
What's rewarding for me is knowing that I helped someone, when they thought they had no one to turn to, their dog will be okay and the little girl is happy, knowing her dog will be okay.

If your reward was in helping someone, then why did you feel the need to share your good-deed story with everyone?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Oh, you're a simply wonderful person!

I know how you feel. Human greed simply disgusts me. There is nothing more important then life, and nothing,especially not 'money' which should be treated as such. I do not understand how one could sit back and allow an animal/person or anything living to die when they could very easily do something about it just because they weren't going to get 'money'.

Once again, good on you. You are truley a wonderful being and give me hope for a better world.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

The thing that 'took you over' is your humanity.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly

Originally posted by muse7
What's rewarding for me is knowing that I helped someone, when they thought they had no one to turn to, their dog will be okay and the little girl is happy, knowing her dog will be okay.

If your reward was in helping someone, then why did you feel the need to share your good-deed story with everyone?

Maybe to inspire others?

God this world is full of hate.. youd just hear about death and perishing things ???

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
When we can all act in this way with each life we encounter whether human, plant or animal we will have perfected the art of living.
Thank you for showing the way.
This is your Revolution people!
Revolt by caring and giving and evil will wither away.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
You're a good man sir, your story made me a bit misty. Anyone with a heart that big deserves good things in life, I sincerely thank you for your kindness.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
That was a great, noble, and honorable thing that you did for that family. I applaud you, and think very highly of you considering there aren't that many people who would do something like that...Even people who actually have money to throw around.

What is sad though is that this happens everyday, not just with animals, but with human beings. The healthcare industry in general is the biggest con, next to the financial institutions, in my humble opinion. Costs keep rising for everything and anything healthcare related, yet people are making less money and there are less jobs.

And so many people do not have insurance, which means that these facilities don't give a crap about you. It really shows you the true nature of an industry that is supposed to be about "helping" people. It is obvious that it is a business, and all about profits. That should not be the case when human lives are at risk.

I think that many humans feel more compassion for animals than they do people. I suppose it is because animals cannot take care of themselves in OUR society. Recently my cousin's dog was hit by a car, and I rushed to the vet with him and his dog, who ended up dying...The cost was out of this world.

Before that, my terrier Caesar somehow got the parvo virus, and it cost $1000 to get him fixed. Luckily they didn't want it all at once. But anyway, I just wanted to say that you did a good thing, and you should feel good about it. I am sure the daughter was very grateful. If you hadn't been there, her dog would have died.

Before I got Caesar, I had another terrier, and despite going to the vet and attempting to fix him, he ended up dying at our house. It is a very sad thing, and I remember him wanting to go outside and be on the porch, to die by himself. I cried a lot.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Oh, my friend. You, the blessed one who posted this. You are saying the most important thing people nowadays need to hear. I think this topic should be reformulated into a new one, searching for a new system, other than the monetary one. And there, people could suggest ideas and talk their minds, trying to find a better system other than this cruel, genocidal, racist, inhumane, hurtful, exclusive system we live in. Wall Street should be just the beginning. We should then, take over the world and stop this scam which is money and has spread all over the world. Once someone said here that someone had asked him "Do you know the root of all evil?" and he replied "Have you ever stopped to ask yourself....what is the root of all money?". Really guys. We need to take this money, monetary system revolution to a new matter and really discuss what could be a good, humane, civilized system. I don't know if I should use the word 'democratic' here. I wish I could but the world has made me lose faith in this word because it is a marketing scape goat. Almost every country claims to be about it but still it is so hard to find - democracy. Who would have thought that in 2011 we would be struggling with wars and animal cruelty, how come we haven't yet overcome simple steps as human beings to realizing that nothing compares to the water we pollute, the forests we destroy, the animals we kill, the humans massacred on a daily basis and so on and so forth, violence, human-made diseases, war on terror, nuclear bombs, false flag attacks, subliminal messages and all this Illuminati trying to kill us all.
Oh, I may have gotten a little carried away but I think you got the point. Thanks for sharing us this. I'm very glad to know there are still good people out there. Cheers.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Amazing that humans are the only creature with compassion, yet also the only creature with greed.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The heat of Jesus Is compassion, Mercy, Selfless giving, and unfailing love.

It shouldnt just start with one good deed only, But it should keep on going as a nature of your being, Let Goodness and Compassion come from your heart, let it shine in the darkest places, where there is no warmth.

This is what Jesus really said to us, Give without expecting to receive, because God rewards those in secret of the things they do selflessly in open.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
We haeve seen both the best of humnanity, and the Worst of it.

But now its time to put the best, and keep it that way, But as long as there is people suffering, and going without, the world will remain is this state of selfish needs. The Human-Self F-L-E-S-H

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Follow up - The little dog is slowly returning back to his normal self. His name is Chip and he's a dachshund mix very cute, they told me that all of a sudden he began to be lethargic, wouldn't move or eat and this had been going on for a few days. He's eating again, and just slowly returning back to being healthy. I will see if I can post a picture of him, that I took.

By the way, I didn't create this thread to get praised, as some of you are thinking. I made this thread because I just could not believe that money is getting placed above everything else. Even when it comes to saving a life money is always first. We obviously need to change this. I know vets would be broke if they offered free services, but how much would it hurt them to offer free services to at least 3 persons per month? Especially when they have hundreds of clients.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
This is chip

he's a tough little guy!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

muse,

You are so right and thank you for reaffirming that people can be so kind.

Money is evil. I have also had bad experiences at the vets - people who put money ahead of the welfare of animals.

Thank you for an uplifting post.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
muse7..What you did was kind and loving shows me there is still good people in this world kindness goes a long way and im sure that family will pay you back ..You made there day allot more brighter and i can just feel how the little girl felt she was probley scared about her dog ..Im glad things worked out,,Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I'm just curious, though. I don't mean to imply anything by this question I ask. Please answer honestly.

Did this father and daughter look "beautiful?"

Its just I've noticed time and again that people react more favorably towards "beauty."

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

You are a good human being, and you are not alone

This is what it is like to be "human" something we have been conditioned to forget and over look called "selflessness"

I recently saved a caterpillar from my daughters heel because she wanted to kill it. i said no for what purpose would this serve? Then she was like... i guess you are right. sounds like Buddhism but is something of logic.

"Hi fives" to you and kudos

You will find this spiritually and emotionally rewarding where the money spent on yourself would have never mattered. Some of the most expensive things in life are lessons, not only have you affected yourself but gives this child some perspective. One day she will remember you and be reminded that there are good people after all the world is not such a dark place hence affected in a positive way. Perhaps even changing her path in life for the better. every persons interaction with others changes the course of the future.

I will speak for the Dog

bark, arf arf bark : doggie for thanks bro!

have a wonderful day

edit on 16-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join