It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something took over me earlier today

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Just logged in to flag your post and of course your behaviour.
We are not saints but this shows everyone how can WE the people build up a better world
it`s not for the money, but for the decission of helping someone truthfully and not expecting anything back
I personally applaud you my friend, people like you make the difference between heaven and hell.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury1984
reply to post by muse7

Next time, do something nice and don't tell anyone.

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.
“Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
(Matthew 6:1-4 ESV)
edit on 11/15/2011 by Fury1984 because: (no reason given)

yet there is something contradictory about one so willing to use religious rightiousness in order to tell others how to behave and what to do with their lives.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I really don't care if he doesn't pay me, I couldn't care less about the money or if he pays me back.

The right way to give. Good for you, and he might surprise you.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Very kind thing you did....I think what happens is the other side of the coin... Ive been a cop for over 5 years and i see a large group of people who claim they are on disability but are not. I am not saying everyone who is on disability is lying...im just saying there is a small group that takes advantage of the system. An sadly that same group would take advantage of the system if their pet was dying and they could get it saved for free. It is the people like that that I feel has ruined compassion for most of us....I know I have changed myself dramatically just by being exposed to a few people that would take advantage of any compassion. Idk maybe someday ill change back.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
It happened yesterday, I was at the veterinarian clinic to get my dog's shots up to date. Keep in my mind that my financial situation is not the best in the world. While I was there waiting, this man and his daughter came inside with their dog that seemed very sick. They had the $125 for the basic physical exam to see what was wrong with the dog, however the receptionist told them that any treatment after that would be at extra cost. The man told the receptionist that he had no money to cover the extra expenses after that. He was told to fill out an application for something called "Care Credit", it's a credit card but it can only be used for medical expenses. He didn't qualify.

He was begging to the receptionist in front of his 12 year old daughter, their dog was in very bad shape. It's shocking how some veterinarians claim they "love animals" but they ignore animals that are in desperate need of help, time and time again. I know that they have expenses to pay, and a staff that expects a paycheck every week but how can they sleep at night knowing they let an animal die, just because it's owners didn't have money?

I was sitting there, and I was listening to the whole thing, and I told myself that I needed to do something to help them. For me, money is not as important as saving a life whether it's a human or an animal. So as they were leaving and getting into their car, I followed them and called the man over, I talked to him and told him that I would talk to the receptionist and ask her I could use my credit card to pay for their expenses, I was able to and I told the man that he could pay me monthly or whenever he could. I really don't care if he doesn't pay me, I couldn't care less about the money or if he pays me back. What's rewarding for me is knowing that I helped someone, when they thought they had no one to turn to, their dog will be okay and the little girl is happy, knowing her dog will be okay.

It's sad how money decides whether or not you'll have a place to sleep, if you'll eat or if you'll live or die. What happened to compassion? Why have we decided to put Money above everything else? Have we really sunk so low that having money decides whether or not someone will live or die?
edit on 11/15/2011 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

I'm just as disgusted as you are my friend. Three weeks ago, the molar second from back on the top left side of my mouth collapsed.... Well fantastic... I don't have any extra money and I do not have Dental.... Fantastic... So after a week of saving up my pennies to get into a dentist after calling around to even find one that was willing to see me as I'm not a patient... I go in pay the $65 for him to go " Yep you broke it. " Take two x-rays one of which they #ed up.... and reschedule me to come back at a later date for a $331 procedure I can't afford... Needless to say I just had it done... 4 shots of novo and I still felt it. They broke it in 4 and then pulled those 4 pieces out and wrote me another round of anti biotics and pain killers I can't afford. Needless to say went with the anti-biotics instead as I'd rather not get an infection over not feeling the pain... Life sure is #ty isn't it.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm a big believer in random acts of kindness. For about a year, I worked in the Mission Committee of our church, but doing good deeds "on schedule" and being kind of coerced by our pastor took all the joy and satisfaction out of it for me.

Now I'm back to pure randomness and love it. Recently I was at the grocery store and there was a woman in a wheelchair in front of me at the register. She was trying to pay with food stamps, but didn't have enough on her card. As she started putting things back, I stopped her and told the kid at the register that I would pay her entire bill. The woman had tears in her eyes, and the kid looked at me like I was Santa Claus... it completely made my day.

Sometimes, when I leave the house to go somewhere, I ask God to bring someone my way I could help today, in some small way. Then I start looking for that person. It's great fun, and it makes you more aware -- you really start noticing people in need, as the poster described who fed the boy for Christmas. I find it extremely rewarding.

About the disgust part: My husband and I recently helped out a friend who has MS and is on disability. She had taken her daughter and her kid in after her daughter had gotten a divorce and (again) had gotten on drugs and wasn't stable. They lived together for quite a while, but her daughter was a total slob and used (disabled) mom as her personal maid, AND stole $1,600 -- basically all my friend had -- from her bank account. That's despicable, IMO.

Also, the same friend just got a wheelchair and is still practicing getting around in it. She told me she'd got yelled at by numerous drivers when she was slowly crossing the road in her wheelchair. Who in hell would yell at a woman in a wheelchair to get the f*** out of the way? Are people insane?
edit on 15-11-2011 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
it's simple , money is evil and trust and kindness are the real universal currency ! its good to hear someone else doing the right thing out here in this sickening world

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
yet there is something contradictory about one so willing to use religious rightiousness in order to tell others how to behave and what to do with their lives.

Not quite. I'm not bragging that I don't brag. I'm just saying, people tend to seek the adoration of others way too often.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Thank you Muse7 for sharing this story, which hopefully, will inspire others.

You are truly a gift to humanity and I'm sure this act alone earned you a ticket to heaven.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Now this is threads I like! Glad to see you made someone happy in this cruel world.

Well, this money situation is exactly what has happened to society. Money and savings are being streched too thin from inflation and cost of living going up. Everything is seemingly mismanged and medical people become sued for big bucks making it much more expensive for us! Seems money does indeed determine if you or your loved ones die or THRIVE. It is a sad state of affairs. All around I hate to know how much hardship everyone is going through out there that is not coming forward. It really bugs me to no end! What more can I say? I am aware that situations will arise that will drain ones piggy bank. It is likeley one has no choice if IE a medical or emergency were to arise that ther person is not gonna be left to die! I do not see why it has to be different for our pets!

Way to go!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Having only read your OP so far at first I thought you were talking about 'my' experience recently!

Also to note I had a relatively decent credit score until I applied for the care card!!!

I went home to discover my score had skyrocketed down!

Now, what happened at my vet office was that my dog had probably been bitten by a sick tick, but it was bad but nothing that antibiotics and prednizone could not heal. But was it a bite or perhaps the dogfood? I will never know but I still owe the Vet 125 dollars one month later.

I plan to pay him, even called to explain my situation, but really I will never walk in that office again and be treated prior to any of my other pets being seen.

What you did was exemplary towards what we as human beings can do to help one another. I thank you for being on the planet at this critical time.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Nice work. you've done some really good mate and you should be proud.
2nd.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Compassion is something we don't see much anymore. You are right Money and Power have become our Gods.

I have to ask..did you find out if the dog will be okay?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Humanity took you over. But yes, people who work for a living (vets included) would go broke if they worked for free. Remember this vetenarian has a mortgage too and you cannot say how close he might be to bankruptcy himself.

You did the right thing, but don't rant at the vet, just be glad you had an opportunity to give some money away because it's a good feeling.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This is a great story! Thank you for sharing, you should be proud, it was really nice of you to do that!!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

It's sad how money decides whether or not you'll have a place to sleep, if you'll eat or if you'll live or die. What happened to compassion? Why have we decided to put Money above everything else? Have we really sunk so low that having money decides whether or not someone will live or die?

Yes we have.
Greed is what is controlling most things now. I admire your passion you did a wonderful noble thing.
This must have a huge impact on the poor man and his daughter; I know that experience will let them know that not everyone is motivated by pure greed.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

And you didn't have to be coerced and extorted by our federal government to do this. You did it because you're a human and compassion is a human trait. This is how America should work.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I dont reply very often on here but I had to after reading what you did today muse7. Thank you for making my day and for the smile. I really needed that. Not sure what you believe but trust me when I say you earned a few extra angels looking down and watching over you. Thanks for having a heart.

A wise person once told me - Your life may be the only Bible some people read.

Thank you for living up to that standard and thanks for giving me hope.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I applaud you.

Thank you for restoring some of my faith that we'll all be OK in the end.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
So it's either a behemoth government program, or it dies?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join