It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me or is youtube screwing up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I personally liked youtube alot better when it first came out in 2005 and it was much more freer and no one tracked you AT ALL... that is until google purchased youtube and all the problems started happening ever since that day... but anyways i bet you already notice this alot when you watch videos of high view counts... there is clearly some kind of a bug problem that they will not fix only on the conspiracy section of the videos (maybe only on the conspiracy section)

i did see that once on a popular persons video.

15,945 ratings and 301 views? and it has been that way for several weeks until it updated.
how the heck can you fit 15k people in 301 cars? (using an example)

And another thing i have been experiencing a lot lately... i dont know if it is a new feature that they are beta testing or if it is just me or if someone is leaking this out randomly

but have you ever seen the youtube video player with the "speed up or slow down" tab on the video player? yeah well ive seen that 4 times already and once i go to another video or reload it just disappears, whats up with that???

i am not really angry but just really irritated by this FACT

if you dont go on youtube much then you will obviously not see this

edit on 10/8/2011 by ApplesOnFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
At least you can play snake on some vids now. (If you don't remember, it's that game all cell phones had back when games on your phone were still a new thing)
Play vid (some won't let you do it, so trial and error here)
When streaming starts, hold left button of mouse, left arrow on keyboard, top arrow on keyboard.
Use the arrows on keyboard as controls.
Don't know how relevant this is to your rant....just something new to look at.
On topic...what did people expect when a huge name like google dipped their greedy hands into it? It became a business, like every other media that people actually pay attention to. I wonder if that fudging of numbers is to screw with potential buyers of ad space, or just a glitch.

edit on 15-11-2011 by PutAQuarterIn because: add

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

well any info is useful
that is if i even use it... =\

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ApplesOnFire

That's 100% BS. Who the hell they think they are?

You're getting ripped off. If I was you, I would demand a refund!!

It's unacceptable. You deserve to get what you paid for→ [color=DEC85D]Nothing

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I'm not sure if you were saying that the view count doesn't refresh on only conspiracy videos, but Youtube refreshes the like and dislike ratings faster than they do the view counts. This is mainly because that video is highly watched.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I have heard that the views are not updated as fast on new video uploads to allow time to chack if the video is being spammed or not. Once a video starts to become popular they try to figure out if it is legitimate or not.

They try to prevent a video from going viral through spamming. I have also personally seen Youtube notifications that their system at certain times are having technical issues with that problem of updating view counts.

There are tons of videos of people talking about this issue on Youtube

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Actually i pay $65 every month for promotional videos, but thanks for telling me that i dont pay for anything

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

15,945 ratings and 301 views? and it has been that way for several weeks until it updated.

This is a conspiracy forum sooo...
Seems to me any Government watchdog agency looking for "unamerican sentiment" that has total access could disrupt the tally feature on views and siphon off the ratings on selected videos for storage and collating later. If a thumbs up or down, or like or dislike total was too "unamerican" for a viewer, then the thought police could disappear that individual to a Fema camp for orderly disposal.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ApplesOnFire

Actually i pay $65 every month for promotional videos, but thanks for telling me that i dont pay for anything

You pay Youtube?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Ye-yes? for promotional purposes...its to make your video popular for a short amount of time

do you want 200,000 views in a month or in 2 years?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Ye-yes?
Your stutter-typing leads me to believe that in your eyes, this is common knowledge. Obviously, to me, it is not.

do you want 200,000 views in a month or in 2 years?
Personally, I want neither, which I'm sure is part of the reason that this is not something I was previously aware of.

Just out of curiosity, do they have different packages/plans?
For example: Pay us $100/month, and you will get twice the amount that you are currently receiving for the $65. So by paying us $100, you would actually be saving money!!!!

new topics

top topics

join