It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't believe my eyes! Bloomberg survey poll has Ron Paul @ 19% in key primary state, Iowa.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Very interesting. So just wondering, but you know how the media has their own polls where It's usually ranked something like Romney, Perry, Cain, Bachmann, Paul. There are some results on this page. Who votes in those polls? Are they legit people, or "experts" (read: rigged poll)?
edit on 15-11-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
Very interesting. So just wondering, but you know how the media has their own polls where It's usually ranked something like Romney, Perry, Cain, Bachmann, Paul. There are some results on this page. Who votes in those polls? Are they legit people, or "experts" (read: rigged poll)?
edit on 15-11-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

They do a phone poll of a very small number. Usually 1000 to 2500 respondents. They respondents are registered voters, that are home at that particular time (not at work, not at school, not at kids events, just home). The respondents are people that still have a land line phone number. The respondents are people that are willing to answer a phone call from an unknown source during dinner, or during their favorite show. The respndents are people that are willing to donate 15 minutes or so to respond to a stranger and answer their questions.

In short, those polls are absolutely NOT representative of the average American! They only reach a narrow subset of the population and they extrapolate faulty data from 1000 people to an population of millions.

Polls are unreliable, period.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

Originally posted by eLPresidente
People, spread this news far and wide. The base will be re-energized ready to volunteer more time and donate more money.

This is HOW WE WIN!

Would you like to wager about that?

Why would you bet against something you hope for? Unless of course you prefer to gloat about winning a bet than to actually see your hopes fulfilled. Align your attention with your intention. Otherwise you are detracting from the very thing you hope for.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The 2012 elections isn't getting much attention over here in the UK media, the Rick Perry gaffe did get some coverage however.

On the Ron Paul thing, does he actually have a chance in this race or not?

Will it not be a case of A) Obama gets 2nd term or B) Bilderberg horse get a shot

On the Bilderberg candidates issue, seeing as Rick Perry's hopes 'may' now have been permanently dashed, is it just Mitt Romney theyve got left up their sleeve?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Im from Iowa.

I see polls, and number run across the newspaper, and tv screen a lot.

I have never seen Paul above 7% in this state.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

Well, now you have. Two actually.
edit on 15-11-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The MSM is just looking for someone else to prop up.

Then they can really have fun destroying them.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

They're propping up Newt right now, watch him crash in a few weeks just like they did with Cain.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Thought I'd transfer my thoughts to this thread since it's the main one:

Best news I've seen in a while! Let's see how long it takes before the MSM decides to declare the Bloomberg news poll as faulty due to Ron Paul supporters "spamming" it somehow. That, or they won't mention it at all.

I'd like to be optimistic, but as we all have come to learn, that's a hard thing to do considering how the MSM is reporting things.
edit on 15-11-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Great news!

Like I've been saying, RP needs to win Iowa. This would be the boost he needs to give him more time in debates and in the media. This will also most likely knock-out the real lower tier.

I know Iowa has a strong RP following and they're working their tails off to get the word out.

Let's face it, America is pissed and people have been waking up. Keep it up everyone...the masses can't stay asleep forever!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
One thought immediately came to mind when I read this earlier on. I decided to mull it over for a while before posting it.

I think one thing will definitely happen if this becomes a trend... ie: The MSM becomes unable to ignore Ron Paul, whether through high poll results, or because he does end up as the GOP's selected candidate.

He will go from completely ignored (as he is now), to completely being attacked and huge and persistant efforts made to discredit him in the eyes of the mainstream public.

I suspect if it does come down to a tussle between RP and Obama, EVERY SINGLE MSM OUTLET will fall in line behind Obama... regardless of previous apparent bias in the political spectrum. You will see an assault on his character/reputation/fitness to lead/ of VITRIOLIC and BIBLICAL proportions. It will make any previous mud-slinging in any previous election look like a picnic by the local church choir.

I'm reminded of the political situation here in the UK in the early 90s, when a sitting unpopular Conservative government where expected to lose badly to the Labour government... Except that most of the right wing press (especially Murdoch's) completely laid into the Labour Party and their then leader, Neil Kinnock. The Sun Newspaper (Murdoch) had a headline something like ' If Labour Win Tomorrow, Can The Last Person To Leave The UK Turn The Lights Out!' ... Next day, an unpopular Conservative government won the election... albeit with a tiny majority, but the media poisoned the environment enough to sway a ton of voters away from voting Labour.

That's the sort of treatment that awaits Ron Paul ... How on earth you deal with a completely hostile media in the USA?... No idea, and not sure it's even possible... but those of you actively campaigning for RP should be thinking about a strategy to cope with it... because the chances of it happening are pretty high

Of course, RP still has a HUGE mountain to climb to even get the nomination, and I would imagine the vilification will start as soon as he looks even likely to win the nomination.

... and if he does ...it's SHTF time

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

I've thought about that also. And you're probably right-on.

But RP's gotten this far being flat-out ignored.

There's not much to attack him on except the issues and trust me, he would welcome that forum. He would wake up more. He will always lose the brain-dead Obama Mamas and the like who just say, "I want my check".

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99
reply to post by Dagar

I've thought about that also. And you're probably right-on.

But RP's gotten this far being flat-out ignored.

There's not much to attack him on except the issues and trust me, he would welcome that forum. He would wake up more. He will always lose the brain-dead Obama Mamas and the like who just say, "I want my check".

I believe they will try to make the debate about RP the man, rather than his policies. They will bring up every skeleton (whether true or false) they can dig up.... and if they can;t dig anything of substance up, they will make it up. As long as the waters get muddied enough, and enough crap sticks to the wall to confuse the voters, it will probably work too.

People are conditioned to have the attitude of 'No Smoke Without Fire', and to fear change... no matter how much they know (deep down inside) that change is necessary. If the media can get people to react to that conditioning RP is going to be in for one mother of a battle. Get enough people to start questioning the suitability of the man, and enough people to start fearing the massive change his policies will bring, and voters might just decide to 'play it safe'

I think the trick might be to remind voters that the media and political establishment's idea of 'playing it safe' has resulted in $16 trillion of debt, neverending wars, and a global military empire you can't afford... all while your manufacturing base has been decimated, you have millions unemployed, a government who pander to big business, a crumbling infrastructure, millions homeless and without access to decent health care, etc, etc

That basicall, what not voting RP and 'playing it safe' will mean... is the continuation of the systematic destruction of the USA from the inside out.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

Great points, most RP supporters, especially many of us that have started from the 2007 campaign understand just how much the establishment despises Ron but its not because they hate him, they hate his ideas and that is why we have to push as hard as we can to make this happen.

All I can say is that eventually Ron will get a piece of the 'establishment/dumb' vote and they can jump ship or whatever but the majority of Ron's support will always be steady as people who have decided to vote for Ron will ride it out tough with him, because its all about the message, not the messenger.

I think the important thing to do is to keep looking forward despite the blatant and aggressive opposition by those that benefit from the system whether it is financially or mentally. I mean, I've heard stories of people being called communists and physically threatened by neo-cons for saying that our foreign policy played a major role in 9/11.

Many Americans are absolutely not ready for truth yet and will do almost anything to protect themselves from it.

Think of it as the stages of grief with denial being the first stage.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ghost33

So says a ghost. Grow a brain.
edit on 15-11-2011 by Kovenov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I just want to see Bill O' Reilly's face if Ron Paul becomes the front runner. I guess all his polls were correct after all!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

oh, he knows he is wrong

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I'd rather see Fox make him interview RP!! That would be interesting. Ron Paul is very quick on his feet, and O'Reilly's overtalking and interrupting would not rattle him like it does some guests. RP would own him.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I for one have had it with the neo-con crap we have had shoved down our throats by supposed Republicans from the time of GHWB...their approach has done nothing but serve to do a tremendous amount of harm to all of humanity and is as far from Goldwater/Reagan as Pluto is from the Sun...Ron Paul would act to do the right thing for all and exemplifies true leadership...I always vote my conscious and will do the same thing in the upcoming elections...I VOTE FOR RON PAUL!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join