It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS camp in NYC getting raided - Now .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

There are ways of dealing with those problems that are constitutional. This is just an excuse to remove Occupy from the picture, and I don't like it. last I checked, unlawful seizure of one's property and unlawful destruction of that property was unconstitutional.
edit on 15-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

How would you like for the city to deal with it? The taxpayers are already picking up the tab for this protest.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

Life has always fed on life, there really is no other way.
A peaceful change would be ideal but is not possible.
You have that teenage mentality of "down with the government anarchy rules but somolia is a bad place" I see running rampant through our country right now.
Disgusting.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Private property, gtfo would be my answer! This is public property.

I would however be friendly enough to simply throw your tent into the street, and if you decided to retaliate, call a friend to throw you into the street to be with your tent.
If I actually liked you, I might let you use the shower and get some warm food, but I don't.
edit on 15-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
reply to post by thatonedude

hmm ironic.. how'd that work out for JFK?... or his brother?

They died for what they believed in not whining in a shanny town for handouts.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Russia Today Live Feed - OWS: Zuccoti Park being cleared out
edit on 15-11-2011 by ReleaseThePressure because: correction

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I mentioned a simple solution to the problem that has been used many times before. Remove the protesters, place their things into the street, let them know that they have 2 hours to find their things. Problem solved! Load anything left over into dump trucks using a front end loader.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Load anything left over into dump trucks using a front end loader.

They were told to leave, so obviously anything they left behind was rubbish, so they did what you suggested!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Do you think they could each carry everything on their backs? I doubt it. The legitimate protesters with vehicles and lives are the ones that are being hurt the most right now, because they probably packed more in their vehicle than they could carry in one trip.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

The "legitimate" protesters with vehicles are the ones with no excuse. They could've kept their personal property locked up in their vehicles, and parked their vehicles in a legal parking zone. But they chose to leave it lying about in the open, on someone else's property. What did they think would happen to it?

Note to self: If I ever protest anything, bring a vehicle, otherwise I am illegitimate.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Just getting in on this. I'm sure it's posted, but the global revolution feed is the best I've seen so far.
www.livestream.com...

Also.. the "you're sexy, you're cute" chant loses effect when the cops have already been attacking..
I'd let Portland keep that one for now.

Supposedly an LRAD on site?
edit on 15-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Also.. the "you're sexy, you're cute" chant loses effect when the cops have already been attacking.

Unless a bunch of cops took off their gear and started flirting with protesters, I'd say the chant never had much of an effect. Just the same collective effervescence that any large group gets through rote repetition.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Life has always fed on life, there really is no other way. A peaceful change would be ideal but is not possible. You have that teenage mentality of "down with the government anarchy rules but somolia is a bad place" I see running rampant through our country right now. Disgusting.

Only thing disgusting is your ignorance on this topic. Are you joking? I hope so. What do you think a violent revolution is going to accomplish? Do you think the "hippies" and "trendy hipsters" should try to fight the police?Should they take on the military? Should we over throw the government? What a joke... get real dude.

Any violent action by the protesters would be condemned just as fast as the violence by police. If there was any violence breaking out on a large scale it would be squashed so quick you could pull out your flashlight light saber you still like to play with.

I'm 39 years old and if it came down to a fist fight I'm pretty sure I'd kick your Sith arse. But that's off topic so..... the real revolution is fought with the pen. Changing the laws and reforming the system. That's the way the American political system was built and that is the way it should stay.

The problem is that big money from International Corporations and Globalist Banksters have corrupted our government and political system. The methods you speak of sound a lot more like Anarchy than anything I have suggested. Cut the neo-nazi rhetoric and get with the program dude.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Private property, gtfo would be my answer! This is public property.

Zuccotti Park, formerly called Liberty Plaza Park, is a 33,000-square-foot (3,100 m2) publicly accessible park in Lower Manhattan, New York City, privately owned by Brookfield Properties

Link

GTFO it is then........right?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

Effective was a poor word choice. I should say it loses relevance and doesn't fit the mood in NY like it did for the peaceful protest at Portland.
edit on 15-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Did they now? Some would argue differently I guess. No matter.

It's the outcome that matters really. Dead.

And if they were here now.. and could see the farce our govt has become.... would they consider the price they paid worth it?

Not to mention .. when JFK made that speech in 1961.. it was somewhat easier to have grandiose patriotic ideals.

Everything wasn't so tainted with corruption back then.

Funny though... the cops haven't changed much.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Has the owner of that property asked them to leave?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

I'm going to quote my own post so you can let it sink in.

Life has always fed on life, there really is no other way. A peaceful change would be ideal but is not possible. You have that teenage mentality of "down with the government anarchy rules but somolia is a bad place" I see running rampant through our country right now. Disgusting.

The pen only works AFTER the blood has dried.The protesters shouldn't "fight" the police, they shouldn't even be there.If half of them had the will to lay down their lives for what they believe in there would already be change.Protests are the norm for the media but revolutions are not that is one of the reasons Libyia got so much coverage on tv.They were willing to DIE for change and they got it, are you ready?
edit on 15-11-2011 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Has the owner of that property asked them to leave?

Fliers handed out by the police at the private park on behalf of the park’s owner, Brookfield Properties, and the city, spelled out the same message.

Link

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow Also.. the "you're sexy, you're cute" chant loses effect when the cops have already been attacking.

As silly of a chant as this is. It is disarming to the police. It shows no aggression on the part of the protesters. If the people were chanting something else it creates tension and stress which can make for a more volatile situation.

By using that chant it might make a few police officers blush, it might make a few of them laugh. It might make a few of them lower their batons. I think you get my point. It was a way to remove fear of and fear from the police.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Did they now? Some would argue differently I guess. No matter.
It's the outcome that matters really. Dead.
And if they were here now.. and could see the farce our govt has become.... would they consider the price they paid worth it?
It always ends in death that is the difference between the strong and weak.The weak are scared of it and the strong embrace it.I don't think they would see it as a "farce" just a carefully laid plan that has come together.
The point is they died because of positions they held in and for America and if I were either of them I would have no regrets.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join