It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS camp in NYC getting raided - Now .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Twitter is really abuzz with info. NBC is reporting a mob of up to 100 people while someone else reported up to 250 people. I guess they're moving and blocking police trucks. Also I heard the people would run and then the police would run. Almost like cat and mouse I guess? I'm following @reutersrealtime as they are retweeting a lot of reports. No media can get in though according to reports. There was even a report of a news chopper landing to refuel and then the police forced it to stay grounded.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
OWS GTFO

This is the "movement" that's trying to change the plight of the American citizen?
All I see is a bunch of screaming hippies and trendy hipsters trying to make a scene.
There is no method to this madness, no overall goal shared by the masses, everyone wants something different.
Peaceful protests are a joke and always will be in America.You can't achieve anything without force and bloodshed, has history taught you nothing?The strong will make the rules and the weak will always follow.The strong will always write the history books and the weak will always believe them.They need to get off their high horse and into a Mcdonalds somewhere and DO SOMETHING FOR THEMSELVES.

Ask not what your country can do for you.
Ask what you can do for your country. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

What does respect for your neighbors have to do with trashing camps one right after another, and destroying people's belongings? They could have moved it all out into the street, and said anything not picked up in two hours is getting loaded into dump trucks. Two hours later, problem solved, and no one's rights would've been sacrificed. They didn't want to do that though, they wanted to make sure these people have to leave the area completely and give up.

You can't stand up for one group's rights, by trampling on another's. You can't just come in and say, whoops you're violating their rights so now we're going to violate yours! If they are breaking the law, they can be arrested. They aren't breaking the law though, they're just in the way, so they can't actually arrest them. They can't do what they're doing now, which is using public opinion to justify unconstitutional action.
edit on 15-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by thatonedude

Spoken like a true follower of the Dark Side.

thatonedude why don't you GTFO... You don't have to use force to get your point across. You just need to show it. The whole World was watching and you sound just like a child with ADD who wants what they want when they want it.

Gimme what I want now or I will hurt you.... that's not how real change works. Violence only begets more violence. The World isn't going to change over night and shame on you for expecting that so soon. It's going to take solidarity, voicing your concerns to the public, persistence and tenacity.

What do you think a bloody fight will accomplish? Nothing but people getting hurt. Will you go out to the front lines and fight? I doubt it... you sound like another arm chair General who has been playing to many war based video games.

Try to be more intelligent next time and not represent the worst parts of humanity.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
thats it the last are being remove from park during the cleaning they will put a fence around around the park

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

1/10 I replied.

First of all you are among the weak and I have offended you I can tell, I am not sorry.
You want a revolution with a protest?LOL
Do you know what a revolution actually is?
Study history instead of posting hippie comments online and even you will see I have a point.
You are achieving nothing and you never will with such pathetic methods of "protest"

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I didn't really support the movement that much, but I can't believe they were just forced to go. They barely did anything about it too. Again the govt gets its way. It's hilarious how no news company really covered it at all, then again police wouldn't let them in. Or was it that they didnt want anyone outside to know?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

MSM is owned by the same people that own the government. No one was allowed in, no one wanted in, no one was ever getting in to cover it. These kinds of things are not what you will see on the news, whether it be local, national, or global. They get better ratings and accomplish their goal by reporting about how some random thugs dubbed Occupiers beat up a 7 year old and took his lunch money.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Immortal technique just tweeted: "NYPD choppers have shut down air space over ZP preventing all news choppers from filming the raid"

TIME FOR REVOLUTION

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

It was disturbing to watch all that stuff get thrown into the street like that, but OWS is causing health concerns and traffic issues, and overall they are trampling on the rights of the millions of people in the city. Just because they want their voice heard doesn't give them a right to trample on the rest of the city for months on end and create trash and health concerns.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

When we as a society decide that just because we do not like someone, that their rights do not count, we've lost our country. Our opinion of anyone and anything can be swayed (most people anyways), and at that point they own us. When our perception of that idea has been lost, we as a nation have been lost.

link   
The latest twitter feeds indicate sound cannons are being used...

2nd line.

link   
I just saw on the Occupy website they are talking about Occupying the subways. That sounds like a really bad idea.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

When we as a society decide that just because we do not like someone, that their rights do not count, we've lost our country. Our opinion of anyone and anything can be swayed (most people anyways), and at that point they own us. When our perception of that idea has been lost, we as a nation have been lost.

It's not a matter of liking someone. Trash, rats, disease, noise all hours of the night, traffic problems, crime, rapes, deaths. Cmon. Tea Party never engaged in this kind of nonsense, and the Left ridiculed minimized trashed the T Party.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

There are ways of dealing with those problems that are constitutional. This is just an excuse to remove Occupy from the picture, and I don't like it. last I checked, unlawful seizure of one's property and unlawful destruction of that property was unconstitutional.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

No personally, I don't want a revolution. I also don't think a revolution is necessary.I want reform and accountability. I want fairness and equality. I want a system that benefits the common man and not just the elite.

I am by no means "weak". The only thing that offends me is that you think violence is a solution to political and monetary problems. In my opinion you the one who is weak minded because you seem to think the only option is violence.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Occupying teh subways would be a horrible idea.

I did however come up with an idea of my own. Check it out and let me know what you think

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

hmm ironic.. how'd that work out for JFK?... or his brother?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

There are ways of dealing with those problems that are constitutional. This is just an excuse to remove Occupy from the picture, and I don't like it. last I checked, unlawful seizure of one's property and unlawful destruction of that property was unconstitutional.

Hmmmm

Think about this. If I decided to pitch a tent on your lawn,and tell you its mine,would you have a problem with it?
If I decided to protest,at ANY time of the day, because the size of your house,was bigger then my tent,would you have a problem with it?

Would you want me gone?
Or Would you open your doors,and allow me to stay,because I believe that right is mine ?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

unlawful seizure of one's property and unlawful destruction of that property was unconstitutional

Just what makes you think it was unlawful?

they were camped there unlawfully, but you ignore that....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join