It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is NO God!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
And if we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys!?

Not everything needs to evolve at the same rate nor are all monkeys the same.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
To each of us our own beliefs

...I for one believe in a loving god/gods...he she them whatever... but one that has filled life with choices... hence freewill... and all the bad things that happen... but wow look at all the things that are really good and all that is beautiful.. Sure science can explained allot of the things that happen locally...but isn�t a sunset beautiful none the less or a rainbow. Which by the way even in itself has a scientific explanation �describes the reflection of light in a spherical water drop??? This phenomenon is what allows rainbows to form. Rainbows can be described as a distorted reflection of the Sun in water droplets in suspension in the atmosphere.

The reason why the different colors mixed in the incident Sun light are dispersed is that the light is reflected against the back of the drop, so that the light is refracted twice: one time when it enters the drop, a second time when it exits the drop...etc..." but an explanation doesn�t make it any less beautiful... or the stars in the heavens and the planets around them which by the way even the best scientist admit the law of probabilities states that within this galaxy there are over 3 million life baring planets(who really knows for sure) but that many planets just here not to mention the entire multiverse.. Well it would be a pretty boring place with out some kind of consciousness helping to run the show... not to mention complete and total chaos... so what if the big bang is how it al started 20 billion years ago....or maybe it didn�t.. But who are we to say that that isn�t exactly how it was intended and how it happens EACH and every time. In every cycle?
Just my 2c worth...

[Edited on 22-9-2004 by vulcangodoffire2000]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
If there was a God, 911 would still JUST be a telephone number.

If there was a God, little children wouldn't be dying of cancer while their parents become homeless to pay for his therapy.

If there was a God, innocent bystanders wouldn't be frequently heard on the 6 o'clock news.

If there was a God, bad things wouldn't happen to good people.

This list can go on forever, but I think I made my point.

Are you blaming God for something other people do?
Why God isn't there to protect people?
That's kind of silly
God is all holy and rightous whatever it was could not have been from Him
we were born in sin, the people who cause bad things to happen are not of God
why does everyone blame God... when bad things happen I blame the devil, seriously, I just hate the devil so bad, he ruined my life and everyone else, and thats were God comes in to comfort people and everyone ignores him, like me, my life is changed and I dont even--its incredible-- i'm just...wowed. but anyways, yeah, don't worry though man God's coming back one day and he has something better for us you'll see...everyone will see. =D

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
Your going to hell not me! If you want to understand why this is happening read the Bible dumb #!

First of all, I told someone this earlie, if you want people to take you seriously when you preach, you might wanna lose the profanity.

second, the comment "Your Going to hell, not me" was a judgement, and if I remember correctly, god is the only one that suppose to do that, at least thats what the bible says.

all in all, I think you need to rethink that post.

~TSK

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Your going to hell not me! If you want to understand why this is happening read the Bible dumb #!

First of all, I told someone this earlie, if you want people to take you seriously when you preach, you might wanna lose the profanity.

second, the comment "Your Going to hell, not me" was a judgement, and if I remember correctly, god is the only one that suppose to do that, at least thats what the bible says.

all in all, I think you need to rethink that post.

~TSK

you're right... that was intense...anyways goonight, and ...yeah..that was bad to say, c ya

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by regnassem

You know, I think your loving god would say the same thing.

Even I will be as kind to say that people like you give Christians a bad name.:shk:

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
That's a quote of a comment made by AD in the first page of the thread, Jonna.

I don't remember if AD got warned for that though.

[Edited on 24-9-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
That's a quote of a comment made by AD in the first page of the thread, Jonna.

Crap!!! Uh...ya...WHAT'S OVER THERE?

*runs in the other direction when Bandit's head is turned*

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
> There is NO God!

That is correct.

But seriously;
there are no destiny or fate. Accidents happen.
There are no all-powerful being flying around healing/curing people or rescue anyone. Or if there ARE such being he will know that death is not the end of life and thus will not prevent people from dying.

[Edited on 27-9-2004 by Ghaele]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Only with the last sentence you said, I agree with...

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
GOD EXISTS! AND NO CRAP LIKE YOU CAN SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT HIM! HE GAVE YOU LIFE! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HIM!
[edit on 3-9-2004 by AD5673]

LOL
what a classic christianlike response.

Religion and god are tools used to control mankind.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Define "God" for me?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HIM!

Yep, Just about says it all there in that one little statement.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join