It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is NO God!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
AD5673:

Its you that send out a bad name for people.

Darn Evangelical Christian.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by MacKiller]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan

Duh, god is a figment of our imaginations, the explanation of the unexplainable, primitive reasoning for the unknown.

Not to pick nits, but doesn't that make you an atheist and not agnostic?

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Der Kapitan]

well the main thing is, because theres so much truly unknown about the universe, I cant fully conclude that there is no god, but if there is a god, its doubtful any of these religions are right, and right now, it doesnt appear to me that there is a god, but I cant disclude the possibility, but to me, that possibility is fairly slim.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
We were all born (most of us) with a "God" part on our brain. Its the knowing part of the brain that every human being is said to have. What you chose to do with this, is your own doing.
I personally DO believe in God. If he didnt exist there would be no explanation at all about anything in this world. I dont, however beleive in any of the Bible's fictional characters. Its just a story passed down thousands of years.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
GOD EXISTS! AND NO CRAP LIKE YOU CAN SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT HIM! HE GAVE YOU LIFE! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HIM! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HIM!?! JUST A A MOTHER#ING LITTLE PEIECE OF #!
. EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON! PEOPLE TURN AWAY FROM GOD! PRAY TO HIM! YOU THINK GOD LIKES IT!? YOU THINK CNACER WAS AMDE BY HIM!? YOU THINK EVEYRTHING BAD HE DOES!? HAVE YOU FORGOT SATAN!? THING LIKE THIS REALLY PISS ME OFF! 911 WAS TO WAKE THE WORLD UP! YOU CAN THANK CANCER DEATHS FOR THE DAMN GOVERMENT FOR NOT REALIASING THE CURE! EVEYRTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON! YOU HAVE FREE WILL, AND IF YOU TURN AWAY FROM GOD HE WILL TURN AWAY FROM YOU!

[edit on 3-9-2004 by AD5673]

Dont be mad at others because you have believed in a lie. Dont be mad because other can see it for what it is. Everyone can see things diffrently.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I don't have to. All I have to do is know. And that's not blind ignorance that's called "faith". You can't measure it in a scientist's lab, you can't pull it out of your head and look at it.
And what Grady means is that if you can't disprove it then neither can you say it does'nt exist.

link   

Your sins, not mine

hmm... calling someone a motherf**king piece of s**t doesn't count as one?

[edit on 3-9-2004 by MacKiller]

link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

GOD EXISTS! AND NO CRAP LIKE YOU CAN SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT HIM! HE GAVE YOU LIFE! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HIM! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HIM!?! JUST A A MOTHER#ING LITTLE PEIECE OF #!
. EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON! PEOPLE TURN AWAY FROM GOD! PRAY TO HIM! YOU THINK GOD LIKES IT!? YOU THINK CNACER WAS AMDE BY HIM!? YOU THINK EVEYRTHING BAD HE DOES!? HAVE YOU FORGOT SATAN!? THING LIKE THIS REALLY PISS ME OFF! 911 WAS TO WAKE THE WORLD UP! YOU CAN THANK CANCER DEATHS FOR THE DAMN GOVERMENT FOR NOT REALIASING THE CURE! EVEYRTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON! YOU HAVE FREE WILL, AND IF YOU TURN AWAY FROM GOD HE WILL TURN AWAY FROM YOU!

[edit on 3-9-2004 by AD5673]

Dont be mad at others because you have believed in a lie. Dont be mad because other can see it for what it is. Everyone can see things diffrently.

Thats what the point of this post is. Just piss someone off. This isnt news. This is the type of ignorance I thought we were suppose to deny around here.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Supposedly, we all have this. Good book and scientific study

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Wolf of War-

Yes. I see what you mean. I saw a explaination of agnostic as boiling down to not disbelief in God so much as a disbelief that God acts as people say, as in the bible and various other treatises. With me, I believe in God, but I do not believe in people.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
hmm interesting, whats the book about exactly if I may ask.

And to AD, lay off your "sinning" cursing and all the caps, your kindof just giving a bad rep to yourself right now....calm down, no need for another cruscade.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
AD5673,

I agree with you here but I am concerned with the way you are handling the situation. I know it�s frustrating to consistently see these types of threads but don�t sink into sin by swearing at others or telling them they are going to hell because they are nonbelievers. It gives us Christians a bad name. Instead you should say what you think Jesus would say. Just show compassion and love to everyone, this will be more effective.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Glad to see this got dumped right where it belongs. I would have dumped it a little lower personally, but I digress.

Just a point grab.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
AD5673,

I agree with you here but I am concerned with the way you are handling the situation. I know it�s frustrating to consistently see these types of threads but don�t sink into sin by swearing at others or telling them they are going to hell because they are nonbelievers. It gives us Christians a bad name. Instead you should say what you think Jesus would say. Just show compassion and love to everyone, this will be more effective.

I didnt say theyre going to hell, they will if they keep acting like that. Its their sins not mine. Let God deal with them, and judge them.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
AD5673,

I didnt say theyre going to hell, they will if they keep acting like that. Its their sins not mine. Let God deal with them, and judge them.

On behalf of Christians, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your zealous support. Now please take a seat and be quiet. Your embarrassing us.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This thread should just be deleted. Its the same old # again.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller

hmmm...

I believe this book contains a bunch of contradictions. In one section the supposed "god" says one thing and then a few pages forward he begin to contradict himself and say the total opposite. I do believe that this is definitely a good book for anyone who lacks any kind of self-worth. Someone who can't think on their own without someone else telling them what to do. However, unfortunately if you are looking for a book to give you spiritual enlightenment. And further Blah Blah Blah....

Interesting...

EDIT: Sorry, copied wrong quote

Ah yes... The old -find the first negative review to try to discredit the whole book- trick. That's just the opinion of reviewer. Try again Mac. The book has an average of 4/4.5 out of 5 stars out of more than a thousand reviews.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
AD5673,

If you want to lead people to the lord it must be done through our actions and words. Don�t be angry or aggressive this can only push people away from knowing God if they don�t. I�m not saying to let people abuse you just lead by example and be happy.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
TheBandit795, I was just pointing it out.

Yes, I did read the other reviews.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
AD went crazy but mackiller this has been talked about before and i think what you did was like a troll because you knew it would get a lot of posts. i believe god does exist how would we live if only good things happen. it wouldnt be right we have freewill thats why bad things happen. but you shouldnt look to god to resolve your problems i believe solving your problems are up to you not god. now praying for a healthy child or something like that god might help you with. but things like help me get money for a new video game is up to you IMO.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
God may exist, but be evil.
God may exist, and be indifferent about people.
God may have a job that only includes keeping the structure of the Universe intact.
Why do people assume that God has any connection to their particual morality? Especially in light of the variance between different peoples defintion of moral.

As far as I'm concerned, since I haven't figured out what God does, I don't really care. Life is way too short anyway. Smell a rose, revel in a beautiful blue sky, feel rain on your face. If a god did put us here, perhaps this is exactly why he put us here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join