It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Oakland's cost to city soars

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The truly hilarious thing about all this is that if the police stopped doing more than responding to complaints, and people just ignored them, that would do far more to hurt the movement than dragging a lady professor by the hair on the ground. They're making it worse. And they're getting worse themselves. This doesn't surprise me, but it's just another brick in the wall, as it were.

I'm tired of all the depressing stuff. Hey, on a side note, I was at the last Pink Floyd Concert in Berlin when the Berlin Wall fell and they blew up some of the wall for the performance, and it was a great moving night. Anyways. Carry on!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Ok so pro-OWS'ers will complain about police brutality, but will any of them acknowledge the costs of this BS?

At the very least?????

A real organized protest would have proper goals, a list of demands and be both non-violent and respect both public and private property.

Sadly it's not the case here!

Police costs aren't the only drain on city finances. About 80 employees of the Public Works Department were in Frank Ogawa Plaza on Monday, cleaning debris and graffiti and assessing damage to trees and the irrigation system.

They are paid an average of $25 an hour, said Vitaly Troyan, the public works director. Assuming they worked an eight-hour day, that would be $16,000 a day to clean up the plaza.

The plaza's grass was destroyed and will cost about $30,000 to replace

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is getting ridiculoussssssssssssss
What a bunch of idiots man

I feel sorry for the next generation if they gather more support and expand their influence.

OWS gives protesters a bad name!
They should all go home, continue living with their parents and just SHUT UP!!!!!!!!

My GOD!
What a bunch of hooligans

www.sfgate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Oh God...stop whining and crying. You sound utterly pathetic.

Any left leaning protest would, in your eyes, give protesters a bad name. You people that continually post anti OWS threads and engage in political baiting on a daily basis are full of #

The people are pissed off, and they are mobilizing. There is nothing you can do about it, aside from standing in lockstep support with the corporate power structure that has brainwashed you.

DEAL WITH IT
edit on 15-11-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by malicacid922002

I'm not sure whether to take your post seriously. The world is always full of change, you don't vote for it, it just is. Are you thinking that because Obama was elected three years ago, Americans want OWS? Sorry, don't see it.

Obama helped to cause OWS because the same people out there are some of the ones that voted for him.

Thank you Obama for waking up my fellow Americans to the fact that this government has been brought, and the political process is a fixed wrestling match

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by malicacid922002

I'm not sure whether to take your post seriously. The world is always full of change, you don't vote for it, it just is. Are you thinking that because Obama was elected three years ago, Americans want OWS? Sorry, don't see it.

Obama helped to cause OWS because the same people out there are some of the ones that voted for him.

Thank you Obama for waking up my fellow Americans to the fact that this government has been brought, and the political process is a fixed wrestling match

Obama didn't bring the "hope" I was expecting

But his hypocrisy has woken up the American people.

Hail Obama, King of the Universe!

But for real...

occupywallst.org...
edit on 15-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yep tptb are probably planning on unleashing some virus to cut down the 99% to about 10% as we type.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Any left leaning protest would, in your eyes, give protesters a bad name.

Untrue, if it is a true intelligent cause I would be behind it

You people that continually post anti OWS threads and engage in political baiting on a daily basis are full of #

Full of Sh1t?
As opposed to supporting a group that doesn't know what their demands are and you are supporting such a group for you don't what reason?
But i'm full of it? LMAO

The people are pissed off, and they are mobilizing. There is nothing you can do about it, aside from standing in lockstep support with the corporate power structure that has brainwashed you.

This right here is proof that you are the brainwashed one
Firstly you don't even know what to support and the only thing you jump to support is the group that doesn't know what they oppose.
That's like the blind leading the blind that is trying to lead another group of blind people.

The corporate structure is behind OWS, wake up!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by malicacid922002
ok what's the big deal the majority voted for change and that's what is happening on a global scale that should say something!!!! Right?????

Change, yes. OWS was a good thing when it was about protest and for the people who believed that public sympathy was more important than publicity of ANY kind by just pissing everyone off. It isn't about that anymore though and hasn't been for awhile now.

It's homeless shelter/soup kitchen/half-way house and underground railroad for fugitives and criminals either by choice or by virtue of not doing anything to actively discourage it. The night of the raid, Oakland came out from G.A. approving a proposal that the OWS camp should be declared a sanctuary to include all immigrants with or without papers. And so even Federal LAW has become absolutely meaningless within the borders of the camp, by decree.

It just isn't a protest. It's playing Tropico or Sim-City in the ultimate 3-D to have a small community without actually doing any work or taking any responsibility. The costs to the city ought to pretty well tear it for the local population in Oakland. The City was ALREADY running on empty and had laid off cops as well as other critical budget cutting long before OWS came along. The next wave of local tax increases to cover costs there is simply no physical money to pay ought to be great for the community.

It's all worth it though right? It's all for the 'cause', so nothing is too much to sacrifice... right? I'm thinking the OTHER 99% are starting to lose 'consensus' on that line of thinking.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
So, you are fine with all the private debt that was put on the backs of WE the taxpayers? From these big corporations that this movement wants held accountable? The costs of these protests to the taxpayer may add a few cents to the already $133,338 per taxpayer that we already owe. www.usdebtclock.org...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join