It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford's Theatre Book Store Refuses To Sell O'Reilly Book. O'Reilly Blames Enemies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Bill O’Reilly strongly defended his best-selling “Killing Lincoln” book on Monday after the Ford’s Theatre bookstore refused to sell it because of alleged historical inaccuracies.

Historical Inaccuracies? I always thought Bill was supposed to be the most accurate reporter on MSM? (note sarcasm plz)

The Fox News host told POLITICO that the attack on his book about President Abraham Lincoln’s assassination is “a concerted effort by people who don’t like me to diminish the book.”

Who might those people be Bill? And why would they go to such great lengths to diminish your book?

In a historical review of “Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination That Changed America Forever,” Ford’s Theatre National Historic Site deputy Superintendent Rae Emerson on Saturday slammed the book’s “lack of documentation and the factual errors within the publication.”

WHOA! Did they just say she SLAMMED the book? Is this poetic justice or what? Way to go Rae Emerson! Now that's Fair and Balanced reporting!

As for readers, Amazon.com counts 1,133 customer reviews of O’Reilly’s book as of Monday afternoon, with 845 rating it worthy of just one star and many commenting that it is riddled with historical inaccuracies. Only 180 shoppers give the book a five star review. It appears that at least some of the negative reviews on Amazon are being ginned up by supporters of Ron Paul on the Web who are encouraging the “Amazon blowback” because of an unrelated dispute with the Fox host.

Source

You bet your ass it was! See Bill, when you disqualify Ron Paul from your poll because you don't like him or his millions of supporters, we will show the world what a fraud you and the rest of MSM really are.

The Revolution has begun!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

Hahaha! Sweet! It would appear that everyone's attempts to find justice has been (at least partially) satisfied! Let this be a lesson to all who think that Ron Paul's support system is weak!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Ford's Theatre Book Store deserve this...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I can't stand Bill O’Reilly with his self righteous attitude, so full of himself..I can't stand Fox news either..I used to watch CNN..but lately my views on CNN are.. they are a bunch BS'ers too..I guess I'm just sick to death of the spin
now days I watch PBS at least I can hear some facts and then try and figure it out for myself lol. Mr. O’Reilly is a phail and so is his book.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

The Fox News host told POLITICO that the attack on his book about President Abraham Lincoln’s assassination is “a concerted effort by people who don’t like me to diminish the book.”

That arrogant moron would think that, although I'm sure all of the educated people at the book store despise him.

I say that the boycott Bill O Reilly campaign continues. Every book that he publishes, immediately have people giving it a 1 star rating so that it barely sells any copies. I hate him.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
First off, there have been countless books written about Abe, we really don't need another one at all. That said, Wild Bill has a radio show, a talk show, and spends countless hours doing whatever else it is that he does. So tell me, how does he have enough time to research and write a book about Abe? Seriously, there are researchers that take years to evaluate various historical figures, full time, all encompassing years and this guy writes one between his daily rants? This seems incomprehensible to me. At which point one has to ask, what the hell as this guy got to say with so little time to research the facts?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Historical inadequacies? O'Reilly Blames Enemies - those enemies must be "truth, historical fact, and honesty". Wingnuts are dedicated when it comes to historical revisionism.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
He can blame us for his Amazon reviews.
Can't blame us for writing an inaccurate piece of garbage.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Ron Paul supporters are hacking his polls, his enemies don't like his book and are attacking him, blame blame blame. He is a human Fail incarnate.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
He can blame whoever he wants, doesn't make him any less of a [insert insult here]

The fact is, when you write a stupid book, with stupid research, then you get stupid reviews. He should've known better, and has earned his 1 star...out of 5.

edit: I'm sorry, my girlfriend corrected me, the Twilight saga is the exception to this rule.
edit on 14-11-2011 by goldcoin because: see edit

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

I feel the same way!!! Why are these media puppets suddenly experts on ex-presidents, and what's with this stupid fad lately?? Chris Matthews from Hardball on MSNBC has been promoting his book on Jack Kennedy like mad, and Glenn Beck's book on George Washington is about to come out. It's bad enough to spin current events to fit your message of interest, but do you have to go about twisting history too? Idiots.

I bet Bill O'Reilly is actually pretty humiliated about all of this because you know he had (crappy) researchers do the researching for him, and ghost writers do the writing, and it was a colossal failure now looking bad on him.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Bill... Bill.. Bill.. it's ok dude.. calm down. Your viewers aren't big readers anyway.. and the scrawl at the bottom of the screen doesn't count.

Oh well.. happy cogitation day

Think about it

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Former Nixon White House counsel John Dean slammed Fox News host Bill O’Reilly on Monday over his latest book about the assassination of President Lincoln.

The official Lincoln Museum at Ford’s Theatre has refused to sell the book because it is riddled with factual errors and lacks proper documentation.

“I stopped counting at 12 serious errors,” Dean said on Countdown with Keith Olbermann.

He said the book was an insult to “serious” writers who attempt to show scholarship in their work.

Bill O’Reilly’s new Lincoln book ‘an insult to scholars’

I wonder if O'Reilly realizes it's not just his usual critics pointing out what a sham his book is, but some on the right, too. If someone sets out to write a book on history and can't be bothered to even get the basic facts right, that should tell you all you need to know that his efforts were purely propaganda.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I'm not saying Bill O'Reilly raped and murdered a 12 year old boy in 1987. i'm just saying that he hasn't come out and said specifically that he hasn't. i'm just asking questions, don't like it? TOUGH, move to China.

Anyways, i hate that guy and would love a man 2 man fist fight in the parking lot with him, but....

I disagree with people posting fake reviews of anything. Sure the book is crap, it quite obviously is, but allowing people to give it reviews, good or bad, without actually reading it, based on some unrelated political issue, isn't ok with me.

That said, who the hell buys a book because of it's amazon star rating? Only an idiot.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Could not agree with Bill-O more.

It is exactly the fault of Kieth O. and R. Maddow and Ed S.

They all went behind his back and changed around the calender and all the other history books just to make him look bad.

top topics

join