It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese testing space based weaponry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

People analyzing the photos suggest the Chinese military may have constructed them as space-targeting grids.

Bill

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Camperguy

Anybody else got visions of autstin power and doctor evil when they are fighting in the space base haha,but with the chinese pm as dr evil!!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
or maybe a distraction taking up valuable c.i.a and nsa time and resources.

"If you enemy is superior, evade him. If angry, irritate him. If equally matched, fight, and if not, split and re-evaluate."
-sun tzu.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

hey bill...why don't you first use the search function? second...why not share a little of what this story is about? oh wait...CUZ THE REAL NEWS IS ALREADY COVERED HERE

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well obviously all we can do is guess what is going on in China's desert. But I wouldn't doubt it one bit if China is developing a space-based weapon system. China has been slowly, step by spet manuevering the U.S. into a position of weakness. They haven't been buying up our debt because they like or want to help us. They want a strategic advantage over us to use when the time is right for them. I was totally dumfounded back in the late 90's when some mental giant politicians approved selling Chinese a parcel of land in the Long Beach Naval Ship yards. That is a U.S. military base with U.S. fighting ships docked or in dry dock for upgrading. The Chinese were given a ring side seat to eavesdrop and video record U.S Naval operations and ship movements. Now days, they'd probably rely on satellite surveillence for they espionage, but back then it was totally absurd that our Government would allow that to happen.

Last week I was looking into China's military development of new weapon systems and general build up. I found tons of stuff, but I was really taken aback by this YouTube video, China's next generation tactical jet fighters and bombers:
www.youtube.com...

China has what appears to be a larger variety of combat jets and bombers then I'm aware of the U.S, or European nations, except for Russia having. Many of China's jet fighters look like almost exact duplicates of U.S. designs, and many have stealth capability. Some of their jets are bristling with firepower and appear to be very formidable.

I was stationed at Miramar Naval Air Base outside San Diego, California in the early 70's. Most people probably know Miramar as Fightertown USA, home of the Top Gun training program. I'd watch our Top Gun pilots taking off and landing all day long. But we really only had 2 or 3 fighter types. I'm sure our military has a bunch of new stuff that's neatly under wraps until needed against Russia or China. But, I'm seeing a lot of new and very impressive hi-tech weapon systems being developed by our potential adversaries. One sure sign that a nation has new hi-tech gear ready to go is when they start selling off their obselete stuff.

Both China and Russia are knee deep in arms sales to Iran and Syria. I suppose most readers here have heard rumors of Chinese and Russian sabre rattling in the past 2 or 3 years. Well, I for one don't take that lightly or as just school yard bravado. Both those nations can easily pose a very serious threat to American security.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

hey bill...why don't you first use the search function? second...why not share a little of what this story is about? oh wait...CUZ THE REAL NEWS IS ALREADY COVERED HERE

I thought that story was about Chinese realestate? www.dailymail.co.uk...

gizmodo.com...

I missed it

edit on 16-11-2011 by Camperguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camperguy

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

I thought that story was about Chinese realestate? www.dailymail.co.uk...

gizmodo.com...

I missed it

edit on 16-11-2011 by Camperguy because: (no reason given)

that's it!!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
sorry this has been posted.
its on CNN to. look at the videos.

edition.cnn.com...#
?
its called
Maze 'mystery' in Chinese desert 3:29
edit on 17-11-2011 by buddha because: I had to.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by fishing4truth

When you want to have a good laugh you can always come to ATS and scroll thru the threads. The lines on the Gobi desert are probably to check on alignments in the satellites spy or whatever as they are also suspicious of the US spaceplane X37B loitering up in space for so many months. Vice Versa..you don't trust them...they don't trust you. China's space programme is in its infancy and they are just learning to "hook up" the Shenzou 8 to the Tiangong 1. Their quest for a space station was because the US did not want to allow them partnership in the ISS in the first place. Well its a blessing in disguise as it only spur them on to do it alone.

top topics

join