It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New EMP Weapon Used On Citizens In Spain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This may be more of a weaponry forum subject. I did a search and found nada on the article.

With all the current protests videos all over youtube and such consistently regulating undesired coverage.
I thought it was fit for this forum also.

Here is a quick description of the effects of this "new" weapon:

-The effects were no mobile phones in that 500 meter radius of the police station would work. No cars within that field effect could be made to start their engines. All other cars outside the region were not allowed to enter this safety wave region so it’s not known if they
can knock out engines that were running at the time of the safety wave event.

I found article here:

______beforeitsnews/story/1360/598/New_EMP_Weapon_Used_On_Citizens_In_Spain.html

With all of the recent frowned upon police videos being captured. This could be used to counter "the world from watching".

So.. ATS!
Might this be coming soon to an Occupy near you??? Your thoughts?!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Exactly why mychopper runs on points and condensor
even an EMP cantkillit.....thats a scary thought though...new superweaopns!!

And yesto your question about cars...most modern vehicles computerised ignition systems are sensitive to electrical interference...whereas older contact breaker type ignitions(google,its a long story) arent affected as they are mechanically controlled ignitions

edit on 14/11/2011 by ScottishBiker420 because: butterfingers

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I read the whole article and the story did not have any info backing up the claims..................

I need to see more to come to a conclusion..............

Thanks for the read. but it seemed a little fictional.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruptedstructure

That doesnt sound like an EMP to me...an EMP would have fried all electronics in the affected area. From the article it sounds as if everything returned to normal after an hour, so something else dampened the electrical fields on that day.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I actually heard about this technology in the '90, being put in cars and cell phones and the hype, at the time, was about controlling traffic and communication during a SHTF scenerio. But hearing it being used because some high up is coming to town.....WOW!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

That's what I was thinking. The EMP would kill the electronics completely. Maybe (if it has any truth to it) it was some kind of jamming devise? I'm not sure. It was interesting and thought the best place for imput would be this site!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Can't be an EMP like weapon since it sends a massive amount electricity through the circuits and fries them for good.

The only possible explanation would be some sort of resonance wave that disrupts/stops electricity from flowing. So kind of like water pipes that have been frozen. Though if they have that kind of weapon...
edit on 14-11-2011 by SilentNoise because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Before its News is not news, its the Enquirer of the web.
(One of them anyway) Careful what you regard from them as well.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thanks for the warning

I wasn't sure of the legitimacy of the site. The story seemed fairly random so I thought I'd share for discussion.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It's not an EMP, which would literally brick every phone in range permanently. They wouldn't even turn on...ever again. Nor would anything else using solid state electronics of any kind. It's just a broadband frequency jammer, although using it for this purpose is interesting. Some of the Humvees and MRAP's in Iraq/Afghanistan have similar units that are used to trip remote detonated IED's from a distance.

No..I don't memorize all this for endless fountains of trivia. I just happened to be looking these up yesterday, as it so happens. Curiosity got the better of me for how..if I were so inclined....one would go about jamming all police communications within a short range in and around an OWS camp. It would be fitting for cops to learn what Mike Check is really all about...by having to do it themselves.

Anyway.. don't get ideas... It's good for 2-8 years in the federal pen for turning such a jammer on at all, let alone actually deploying some against Emergency Services. It led me to reading about the jammers tho...and they are nifty little toys if someone has access to one.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I was thinking some type of jammer also but I couldn't see how it would shut down the vehicles described in the story. I've been an auto tech for a few years. Maybe I need to do some research on these jammers instead

edit on 14-11-2011 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
i agree emp is a permanent knockout for electronics, not temporary. so i would say some sort of jammer, or major rf noise generator.

i will tell an old shop story. there was a guy who bought a new car. the customer kept bringing it back claiming it would stall out on the way to work. yet every time it was looked at they could not find any problems. the service manager getting tired of this as well as the customer getting more and more upset decided that the only way to deal with it was to drive into work with the customer so he could see what was causing the problem or if the customer was lying. so next morning the service manager went to the customer's house and they started to drive to the customer's work. the manager told him to do everything the way he had been, just in case he was inadvertently causing the issue. so the customer started the car, turned on the lights and started to drive. all was fine until he turned on the radio and the car started to run badly and then died. after replacing the radio and some engine electronics the car was fine. apparently the radio was giving out a lot of electrical rf "noise" that was interfering with the engine electronics. mechanic friends and i have laughed about this story for years. but hey if the friggen radio can cause cars not to run, it can't be that difficult to make something to have the same effect for use in a larger area.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm not to concerned about the dang Spaniards!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

A large capacitor charging and discharging across a gap will produce a rapid spark that will disturb communications over some range of frequencies and distance. It's not an EMP or Electro Magnetic Pulse. Those are generated by Nuclear weapons in the first moments of detonation and are accompanied by a lot of unnecessary flash, heat and explosive effects, let alone radioactive fallout. What I am describing is called a "spark gap generator" and thats all I am going to say about that.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by generik

Hehe! Yeah, I could believe that being possible with early computer controls. They were not exactly masters at shielding components properly. I was enlightened in that area through a crash course on 100k mile early 90's cadillacs..

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Having said that, here is a govt. and military site that offers some neat toys I 'm sure we would all like to own an play with to our neighbors frustration, but we (boo hooo) can't:

JAM

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Hmm.. VERY interesting.
Thanks for the link. Bookmarked!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScottishBiker420
Exactly why mychopper runs on points and condensor
even an EMP cantkillit.....thats a scary thought though...new superweaopns!!

Untrue. A powerful EMP can still fry your ignition coil.

The only true defense is a diesel engine with a mechanical crank start (or push start works as well). There are no electrical components whatsoever needed for this engine to run.
edit on 16-11-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join