It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican candidates support tactics to illicit false confessions from detainees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Ron Paul seemed to be the only candidate who not only pointed out that waterboarding was torture, but also that there is a lack of evidence that these techniques even achieve reliable intelligence.

As reported by the 'Senate Armed Services Committee Inquiry Into The Treatment of Detainees In U.S. Custody'

www.gwu.edu...

"It is particularly troubling that senior officials approved the use of interrogation techniques that were originally designed to simulate abusive tactics used by our enemies against our own soldiers and that were modeled, in part, on tactics used by the Communist Chinese to elicit false confessions from U.S. soldiers..."

So why are these candidates supporting techniques that are known to illicit false confessions? Do they also support the collection of false evidence to justify false wars?

Ron Paul is the only decent man on the GOP stage...

edit on 14-11-2011 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie

Ron Paul is the only decent man on the GOP stage...

Yes yes ..we know it on ATS ..and your Americans have chance to restore USA so get your ass and support him in every possible way

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Enhanced interrogation is not torture.

We have been through this time and time again.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
To the OP....

10 to 1 says you are not even a registered Republican.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Sorry but rendition has been used for decades long before the public became aware of it and blamed their favorite villians the Republicans.

Simple fact without it the Current Potus would have never gotten their "Bin Laden" in an ideal world wouldn't have to use it but we do not live in an ideal world the one we live in is anything but.

Something else would be nice is someone made a hundred thread's of people being beheaded by those people your defending.

No wait the only evil that exists in the world is what the US does to save you people so you all can sit here and scream and shout and have a pity party for people who would rather kill you.

Meh

edit on 14-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

More partisan nonsense. Wake me up when you get over your obsession with covering the GOP's asses while blaming the dems when in reality BOTH PARTIES ARE CORRUPT and should be dragged out of office by their necks.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

So, I suppose commenting on the political views expressed by Republican candidates during a GOP debate is partisan nonsense? I'm sorry I didn't see any democrats on stage to comment on. I did say Ron Paul was the only man to acknowledge the lack of reliable intelligence gathered by so-called enhanced interrogation.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Right, "enhanced interrogation"....what a classy euphemism.

Tell ya what, how about you put yourself thorugh these "enhanced interrogation" techniques "time and time again", and tell us if they feel like torture to you.

The ACLU recently uncovered some disturbing government documents, one of them being a CIA manual about "extraordinary rendition." It describes the "capture shock" that happened before a detainee got put on the flight to some overseas prison. Among the techniques are being shackled, blindfolded and hooded so you can't see or hear, stripped down and shaved, and "walling", defined as slamming somebody's head against the wall but with certain "protective measures" so they don't die [2].
From this thread

Have you ever almost drowned to death? If not, try some waterboarding, I've heard that's a very pleasant "enhanced interrogation" experience.
:shk:
edit on 14-11-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Sorry but rendition has been used for decades long before the public became aware of it and blamed their favorite villians the Republicans.

Simple fact without it the Current Potus would have never gotten their "Bin Laden" in an ideal world wouldn't have to use it but we do not live in an ideal world the one we live in is anything but.

Something else would be nice is someone made a hundred thread's of people being beheaded by those people your defending.

No wait the only evil that exists in the world is what the US does to save you people so you all can sit here and scream and shout and have a pity party for people who would rather kill you.

Meh

edit on 14-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Neo, slow down. I'm not defending terrorists and I'm not talking about rendition. I'm talking about 'enhanced interrogation' of detainees in U.S. custody. I'm talking about intelligence gathering. It's a known fact that the techniques used illicit false confessions....

How many people have to be wrongly tortured and deliver false confessions to justify the one solid confession. And how reliable can any of it be?

This is bad intelligence gathering and extremely unethical and illegal. Why do so many of the republican candidates buy into it? Do you think they bought into the Bush torture propaganda and believe it actually is good 'enhanced interrogation'... or do you think they know it illicits false confessions and support the collection of false evidence?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Let me waterboard you and let's see if you think it's torture. I've had it done to me and I'm telling you that it is torture.

new topics

top topics

join