It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did New Family Guy 9/11 Skit Go too Far? For Some it Did-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
So in the latest family guy who is no stranger to 911 like sattire, has raised some eyebrows with the plot involving stewie and brian possibly being able to stop the attacks or let them happen. They chose to let it happen. Pretty funny skit imo. I was not offended myself, was just wondering if other ATSers thought like me.
Heres the link to the story I will try to embed video shortly

newsfeed.time.com...
edit on 14-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
its a cartoon.

people annoy the # out of me and only want attention when they over react to a comedic adult content filled cartoon.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Just a "fun fact" - Seth MacFarlane was supposed to be on one of the planes that hit the towers but was late and ended up missing the flight

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

I agree! but intresting story imo.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I thought that was fairly mild by Family Guy standards.

I have seen WAY worse on that show.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well....I laughed. Maybe that is a sign that we are finally starting to heal a bit. Yes, it is a very sensitive subject. But the fact we can laugh just a little.... Maybe it shows we are starting to heal some.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I don't understand why people are so darn sensitive. Look, I get it if it hurts some people's feelings. But if they don't like it, there's this wonderful thing called a remote that can turn off the tv (imagine that?). If it offends you, don't watch it. But not everything is a personal dig. People take things way to personally.

Well that's my rant for the day. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonkrh
its a cartoon.

people annoy the # out of me and only want attention when they over react to a comedic adult content filled cartoon.

People annoy me when see the cartoon and wash their signifance away with ignorance..watch this cartoons...so much truth and they are cartoons

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Gone too far, how? By pretending two cartoon characters could've stopped 9-11? And even if they did take it to the next level, HOW would they have stopped it?
I don't understand why you made this thread?

I think Seth should write a skit to show how ridiculous it is for real people to even THINK a plane crashed into the Pentagon. But that's just me.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm with Stewie on this one. "It doesn't look good out of context"... but I didn't find it particularly offensive. I mean... it's not that they wished 9/11 to happen, but that their meddling in the past caused a change in their own timeline, which they went back and restored (correct me if I'm wrong).

That's not really the same thing.

So... is it clever and funny? Not really... but offensive? No, it's not really that either. Inappropriate? Maybe.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This skit is funny, IMO.
I dont see how it went too far...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I saw this thread then immediately rolled my eyes like they have never been rolled before.

"WAAAAAHHHH!!! FAMILY GUY OFFENDED ME!!! WAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!". - No sh1t Sherlock, it's sorta what they do...

News Flash: People like you are the reason "offensive" shows like Family Guy are created. Please begin un-bunching your panties ASAP.

Good day sir.

edit on 14-11-2011 by Ashertron because: Getting around daycare filter

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Well if it’s ok to joke about the countries Americans invade and slaughter millions of innocent people, I say: 'You guys deserved 911'.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Family guy is amazing,the dudes get the attention by the risque jokes and one liners....IMO a clean family guy would be boring

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashertron
I saw this thread then immediately rolled my eyes like they have never been rolled before.

"WAAAAAHHHH!!! FAMILY GUY OFFENDED ME!!! WAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!". - No sh1t Sherlock, it's sorta what they do...

News Flash: People like you are the reason "offensive" shows like Family Guy are created. Please begin un-bunching your panties ASAP.

Good day sir.

edit on 14-11-2011 by Ashertron because: Getting around daycare filter

Let me ask you a question? when are you going to learn to read? IF YOU READ the op I SAID I WAS NOT OFFENDED!!!!!!!!!!!People like you disgust me on this site!!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Its really unbelievable how EVERY thread I post A good percentage of people who are alledgedly here to "deny ignorance" can not even read!!!!! If you read the ENTIRE paragraph of the op (i know, its alot to take in) you would see that I WAS NOT OFFENDED BY THIS SKIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was posting an article that said that people were upset at it. NOT ME!!!!!!!!!! Please learn to read the thread you are responding to and if you dont have an intrest in the thread then dont even click on it.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Gone too far, how? By pretending two cartoon characters could've stopped 9-11? And even if they did take it to the next level, HOW would they have stopped it?
I don't understand why you made this thread?

I think Seth should write a skit to show how ridiculous it is for real people to even THINK a plane crashed into the Pentagon. But that's just me.

Again if you read the link or watched the whole video, you would have seen the outrage was that they could have stopped 911 from happening but decided not to. I didnt think it was that hard to ascertain

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Interesting....

dailycaller.com...

new topics

top topics

join