It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grimm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Grimm is a new TV show that airs Friday nights on NBC. It is about a cop who discovers that he comes from a long line of "grimms", which are hunters of evil fairy tale-ish monsters. They are able to look Human, but as a grimm he can see them for what they really are. Three episodes have aired so far. I find the show interesting and I recommend it to any fan of Supernatural, although it actually airs in the same time slot as Supernatural. I've been watching it on Hulu.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This is an interesting new series. It will be interesting to see what they do with it. Hopefully the writers aren't going to let it get cliche or stale in the first season. Great series in your avatar too.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I love this show. Its original, and I like that they actually have one of the "creatures" working with him, and he has a sense of humor. I thought it would be bad to make him a sidekick, but it has actually made the show a bit better.

I look forward to the season finale, as thats when all the good stuff comes out, not that I want it to end, but I look forward to what they are planning for them next season.

They have been picked up for another season, btw here is the "Grimm" guide, tells you a bit about the creatures from the show.
www.nbc.com...

Peace, NRE.
S&F
edit on 14-11-2011 by NoRegretsEver because: spelling

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It's a pretty decent show so far. Of course, given the subject matter, it may not last too long.

Follows the (by now) almost inevitable formula for these kinds of shows.

1. Grisly crime is committed.
2. Real cause (something supernatural) slowly reveals itself as the cause.(maybe with a red herring or two)
3. Conflict with the bad guy.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
It's a pretty decent show so far. Of course, given the subject matter, it may not last too long.

Follows the (by now) almost inevitable formula for these kinds of shows.

1. Grisly crime is committed.
2. Real cause (something supernatural) slowly reveals itself as the cause.(maybe with a red herring or two)
3. Conflict with the bad guy.

Yeah I know its been awfully formulaic (as it pretty much everything on TV these days), but I am hoping the ongoing plot with that creepy woman that tried to kill his aunt and his boss being some evil big shot has a big payoff. I also don't think he will be able to keep his partner or girlfriend in the dark for very long, it feels like a stretch already that his partner isn't extremely suspicious. Inevitably his girlfriend will be a target too, he hasn't even tried to keep his personal life or his monster hunting trailer very hidden.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Yeah, I'm seeing the girlfriend bite it soon. The partner will be in on it soon enough I suppose, once he sees something too weird to be right.

I thought I remember him driving the trailer somewhere though...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Yeah I thought the girlfriend would have bitten the dust must earlier. The aunt told him in the first episode that he has to leave her. Im thinking that maybe he would have to be more "aggressive" if the girlfriend is murdered.

The story always has to have the death of a loved one, before he goes rogue.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I thought the girlfriend would turn out to be a monster.
The thing that annoys me is that in the pilot he had that dream of his girlfriend wearing red and in the woods. I thought oh yeah she's a goner but then they never did anything with it. Other than that the show is awesome.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilsrule

no killing her is to easy...

having her possessed or changed... much more fun...

Him killing the queen was bad...... he needed allies...

And the toad eaters was funny

I do however like the villain being the cops boss

Grimm Wiki

Grimm is an American fantasy/mystery/crime drama series that made its debut on NBC on October 28, 2011.[1] It airs Fridays at 9:00 pm ET/8:00 pm CT. The show has been described as "a cop drama—with a twist... a dark and fantastical project about a world in which characters inspired by Grimm's Fairy Tales exist".[2]

what I want to see is how they handle the faeries....

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Didn't think I was going to like this when it first started, but I have to admit, this is one of my new shows that I follow. I think the graphics are pretty bad at times, but aside from that, the plot and characters keep evolving so I am pretty happy with it so far. I saw it got picked up for another season.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilsrule

Nah, Granny would have seen through it if she was a monster.

Her ending up turning into a monster, and then him having to kill her, I can see THAT happening.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I got caught up on the last episode and I thought something cool: He can see these monsters for what they truly are at times, yet often they know he is a Grimm. Similarly, do you think they might see him as something other than human? Grimms are their monsters, after all (kind of like "I am Legend"). I really hope he meets a fellow Grimm soon, so that we can see what a Grimm is really supposed to be like.

new topics

top topics

join