It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPIN- How The Media Lies To Manipulate Us. (Documentary).

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Back in the day if you had satellite, it was quite easy to pick up stations that were going to air a show, and you would see behind the scenes footage, that was never meant for all to see. I am sure that since then they have taken care of this problem.

This documentary came out in 95' that shows clips that were not meant for the viewing audience, from such actors as Bush,Sr., Al Gore, Pat Robertson, Larry King, and many more.

This documentary is composed of 100% unauthorized satellite footage.

Enjoy!
Documentary on how the media lies to manipulate us

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this...An element I'd not considered before. Perhaps it's why I have not watched television in ten or more years.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I enjoy this movie, because its like watching a "reality" show for the 80's and 90's. Its one thing to show the mistakes that people make by accident, and another to intentionally lie to the public, and show how the process works, during commercial breaks, or just getting ready for the "show".

This clearly shows the deceit. There is no real way to find an excuse for this one.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
At least Larry King is consistent in his self effacing humbug, he says the same to everybody
as for the Rev' it was a Hom'e goal. As for the erstwhile POTUS's involved there is no way of knowing if they just humoured LK for instance, or had solicited his 'advice' The whole scenario is summed up in the words of G.W. Bush, "There is a time for politics and there is er, a time for politics" As for the near repetitive networking, that was like selling fish and chips. BTW the powder pouf, (a necessary technical item) usage or non usage is a well known ploy.
edit on 14-11-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
I enjoy this movie, because its like watching a "reality" show for the 80's and 90's. Its one thing to show the mistakes that people make by accident, and another to intentionally lie to the public, and show how the process works, during commercial breaks, or just getting ready for the "show".

This clearly shows the deceit. There is no real way to find an excuse for this one.

Peace, NRE.

A good point, and it also more to how the 'higher ups' are treated deferentially accordingly.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
"You can't be on the media, because you haven't been on the media" paraphrased of course- darn that circular logic.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Army Psyops infultrated (covertly) CNN and many main stream media news agencies in the mid 90s.

Fox News is notoriously famous for televising false misleading information, and in many cases outright unsupported lies with little or no reference to any legitimate source whatsoever in order to pander their bombastic hokum to their target audience. Fox utilizes wartime psyops tactics that are not publicly known to most of the public, and according to the law should be illegal, but they get away with presenting facts that are not really factual without ever (or rarely) correcting or apologizing for it.

Edit to remind you all that every single day we wake to a free-er and safer world because of George Bush. (documentary reference, quotes from Barbara Bush)
edit on 15-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

S & F.

ATSers, if you haven't seen this, it is worth watching. I haven't seen this in many years, and am watching it again now. Especially relevant with current events concerning OWS in NYC.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I watched it and it is just history repeating.

Same tricks, same media blocking..

You could easily fit in Ron Paul or Occupy Wall Street in this old footage..
I keep being amazed how great the scheme is.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Wow, this video really shows the tactics used to munipulate the masses. I'm sure all if not more are being used today. Ron Paul is the one most of them are used against. I give that one guy (forgot his name) credit for lashing out at the debate, only to be arrested though. I would love to see Ron Paul lash out at the media at the next debate. Instead of standing there silent. I think that would get him some much needed attention.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
WOW - i saw a lot of things but this was AMAZING, one of the best videos this year...

TY OP, you deserve S&F =)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I wanted to give this a bump, as there have been many members watching the debates, and discussing them. I think that this is a very valuable tool while watching the debates.

Peace, NRE.

top topics

join