It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A burst of creativity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Greetings ATS! Every few weeks I get a small burst of creativity, I end up making a small treasure of sketches in a relatively short period of time. Most of my sketches are a bit rough, some are bairly worthy of keeping, but they stand as the unseen process of creation. That is what I wish to share with this thread. Raw sketches as they came from wherever and onto the page. One of these might make it onto a canvas soon.

And here are some other threads of my work if you are interested
Sketches
6 months in the Making
Aging Art
ATS my latest work

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Sensational! I love your creativity behind your creativity. Very in depth use of .... nothing to make something in perfection! (best way I can explain the simple scribbles that bring out the main focus of the sketch!)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

thankyou, what do you mean using nothing to make something I didnt get it hah

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Hehe I tried to explain it right after.

I do alot of art as well and for the love of my art, it "drew" me to your post

What I mean is, the way you use simple circles, scribbles, or for a lack of better words, the eternal C that you use for a filler. The Background on the first picture is a great example. Also the small circles you used to fill the background on the headdress 6 pictures down. I use something similar in my art, but I've never seen it done in this manner, in conjunction with anatomy. That gives me a whole new thought on using simplicity to fill in certain areas that in the end appears so much more in detail. Almost like a illusion of simplicity in parts that looks so much more in depth than you have gone.

No worries, i'm not saying your art is simplistic! lol I mean just one particular technique you used in many of your pictures, even though in some small way, they bring out the sketch 100 fold.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I love them all but the one at the top of the page steals the spotlight - I would gladly put it up for people to see. Do you sell prints?

Great work, followed your links to other threads and loved it all. Hope you're gettin' paid - you've got skill.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I understand you now. Yeah i sort of flow through my sketches and I always hated the traditional technique of shading. I think this style really started for me when I began studying metaphysics and deconstucting the parts of reality that seem so solid. This is one of my first deconstruction sketches link

i find it hard to impliment this technique using paint though. This is what I am working on now I try to replicate the graininess of my sketches after attempting classical techniques that really didnt fit my flow.

If your work is online I am eager to see it I love art! it seems art, one of the oldest acts of man has a sense of freedom most modern forms of expression dont have. I admire cinema and photography but none have hit my biased cord the way a Klimt can.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Yeah I am not making any money right now haha but I'm glad you think I should be. I have put all my eggs in one basket, taking time to focus on art and nothing else for a few months, living off my savings. I am planning to sell prints one I finish a piece I have been working on for some time, I will sell it once it is done but it will be my first step into the Art industry. I dont have any experience or real education so its going to be a challege trying to make connections in an art market I know nothing about. I dont really want much part in it either haha I just want to create art! So hopefully in a month or two the ball will be rolling towards making some money. I will notify ATS when I sell prints and originals as long as the site doesnt have a problem with it.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I sense you have some notable knowledge, especially considering 5th picture. I see the pattern of the tree of life, which is related to sacred geometry. Now, my question is, how is it related to your drawing? I sense something is important inside this one.

Thruthseek3r
edit on 14-11-2011 by thruthseek3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Yeah I am not making any money right now haha but I'm glad you think I should be. I have put all my eggs in one basket, taking time to focus on art and nothing else for a few months, living off my savings. I am planning to sell prints one I finish a piece I have been working on for some time, I will sell it once it is done but it will be my first step into the Art industry. I dont have any experience or real education so its going to be a challege trying to make connections in an art market I know nothing about. I dont really want much part in it either haha I just want to create art! So hopefully in a month or two the ball will be rolling towards making some money. I will notify ATS when I sell prints and originals as long as the site doesnt have a problem with it.

Lots of good artists selling their prints on etsy, maybe a good place to start. Good luck!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

That piece is insane! Very good work! I like your style as well. It's very dark and almost cryptic. Very mysterious.

I do have "some" online. I think the majority of my work now days are mostly digital. Though, I still do alot of pen and ink, which is still my fave after so many years submerging myself in art. For me, art is definatly mood related. Whatever is in me usually ends up on paper, though I almost never start sketching something from the start. It always seems to begin with a few lines or scribbles. Hell, I may go through half the sketch sometimes without a real purpose, but in the end, it always comes out well enough to facinate me. But being a perfectionist isnt a good thing, at least not for me. I leave alot of art unfinished, at least by my standards, because I'm afraid of always cluttering it up. Still, everyone that sees them, sees them as complete.

I'll put some on this thread, but mind ya, it might take me a week! lol Most of my time on ATS is durring work, so Its easier to bang out messages, but something of a pain putting multiple images in here. But, you inspire me! I shall offer you a glimps of my own work. Still, I love your art! I would love to do a compilation with you one day (back and forth additions to a piece).

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
beautiful art right there man , you really put your soul into your art , your art radiates passion , me lieeeeek

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah

I understand you now. Yeah i sort of flow through my sketches and I always hated the traditional technique of shading. I think this style really started for me when I began studying metaphysics and deconstucting the parts of reality that seem so solid. This is one of my first deconstruction sketches link

i find it hard to impliment this technique using paint though. This is what I am working on now I try to replicate the graininess of my sketches after attempting classical techniques that really didnt fit my flow.

If your work is online I am eager to see it I love art! it seems art, one of the oldest acts of man has a sense of freedom most modern forms of expression dont have. I admire cinema and photography but none have hit my biased cord the way a Klimt can.

You're awesome!!! The colors and the way the light seems to reflect it almost seems like bronze !! You're great!!! But after seeing this stuff Í don't think Ímma post anything soon

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Wow more tasty work by you!
Dang you got a good hand and some badass organic lines there, reminds me almost of Plimpton but with a more spiritual side, just all around pleasing to the eyes.

I got 2 more words for you to think about: Vinyl Stickers!

top topics

join