It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To The Cast Of SyFy's Fact Or Faked...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Please stop.... just stop.
Most of us can't stand the shaky camera quit cuts inducing seizures, the horrific spooky themed soundtracks and crash cymbals, and all your fake acting that is insulting to the viewers' intelligence.

Every single sentence that comes out of all your mouths is heavily rehearsed and scripted, we know this, so stop pretending like it's the 1st time you guys got together and discussed the videos you will be trying to debunk on each episode.
"Oh wow look at that, good find Stephen Baldwin"

...and "OMG, woah what was that?!?!"

Please, go on PBS kids if you think your audience is made up of gullible 8-10 year olds.

This particular episode really pissed me off. I think you guys should be embarrassed for even trying the things you did to duplicate the UFO fleet video.

Flock of birds, ping pong balls in a pool, for real?

Then came the balloons attempt. I even thought they would get it right this time, but alas...
At 12:15 I wanted to jump into their "situation room" and start spin kicking things.
"Oh hey... woah... Wait, is that the original video?"

No it's not Stephen Baldwin, it looked NOTHING like the original video. All you people did was blow a ton of money like you do in every episode, and proved nothing more than the fact you guys are poor actors and basically use sites like ATS to pre-debunk the debunkable videos, yet you take all the credit for that work.
Example, at 5:45 of this episode...

"Wow nice catch Bill." BS... You so stole that debunk from ATS Mr. side burns, give credit where it's due.

Take cues from shows like Ghost Hunters maybe, they aren't insulting their audience with fake interactions with one another. They are courteous and polite to their clients, and are pretty down to Earth regular folks. No one needs the latest hair styles and accessories, no pretty boys with their hair gel, no subtle boob shots, it's just getting down to the business at hand. TAPS isn't the best show ever, but it's at least somewhat watchable.

And there's this gem of trying to replicate the moon landing hoax...

Not exact quotes, just making a point of what it's like listening to these heroes...
"Hey guys, I have a great idea."
"Really, what is it?"
"Well, I figured one way we can try to duplicate the astronauts on the moon would be to take a bunch of cookie dough and fill it in the suit, then we'll see if it moves slow like low gravity."
"Yeah that would be really neat to spend a few $1000 on!"
"Oh well that failed, now let's try springs on the boots!"
"Yea, great idea!"

Then you actually agree that you can and almost did duplicate the moon landings, but then you all said, "Yeah it could be faked especially with the NASA budget, but I personally believe we went to the moon."
Then what was the point of the episode? Just had to waste $10,000 proving easy duplication but to then conclude the moon landings were real in your opinions?

Who writes this crap?

Kind of a pointless thread, just wanted to vent about the show that's all.
I know the Fact or Faked cast and/or writers do check this site, so I'm hoping they take my destructive criticism to heart and maybe change things up a little bit and maybe try to be less insulting to the audience.
edit on 14-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

lol i agree. i was watching the other day and was thinking" um, i thought this one was debunked. i saw it on ats a few years ago". i think the poor acting can be explained by the fact they dont really look interested in the subjects anyway.

it's just a real stretch for a show. hey, i guess they need to rehash stuff thats old on the internet for content. pretty much like tosh.0 when everyone who goes on the internet has seen all those videos.
edit on 11/14/2011 by homeskillet because: spelling

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It also feels like they are there just for the purpose of convincing the public that the real stuff is fake, and the fake stuff could be real. At least that's what I've noticed anyway. Some things like the ghost car incident are obviously explainable, and those are the ones they seem to take on the most.

The good stuff I want to see debunked, like the captured gray alien in the chair... totally skipped over.

They did show this one once, but side burns wanted to skip it and move to the next one.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

"Hey guys, I have a great idea."
"Really, what is it?"
"Well, I figured one way we can try to duplicate the astronauts on the moon would be to take a bunch of cookie dough and fill it in the suit, then we'll see if it moves slow like low gravity."
"Yeah that would be really neat to spend a few $1000 on!"
"Oh well that failed, now let's try springs on the boots!"
"Yea, great idea!"

Then you actually agree that you can and almost did duplicate the moon landings, but then you all said, "Yeah it could be faked especially with the NASA budget, but I personally believe we went to the moon."
Then what was the point of the episode? Just had to waste $10,000 proving easy duplication but to then conclude the moon landings were real in your opinions?

Who writes this crap?
I cannot stop laughing...

I hate that show. I don't know how they got a show in the first place.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

CGI.

2nd.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

It could be CGI, but if it is, it's the best I've ever seen. Or maybe my monitor is crap and I can't tell because of the lack of clarity.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
S & F my witty friend.

I have, forever, hated that show. The acting is what really kills it. Them showing themselves being utterly shocked at everything, the script ... aaaah! Just everything and every one of them!

We should start a site and call it

Slapped or Kicked ... And have people click on their favouritely hated cast member and then Slap or Kick them virtually!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The idea behind this show is good
but they messed it up so bad I can't
watch it any more. Can't stand the
bad acting - good actors could at
least make it sound convincing.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I'm so happy you brought this up! I watch "Fact or Faked" and I gotta agree with you...it is the WORST acting I've seen since Ashton Kutcher on Two and a Half Men!! I love how they seem to have the exact equipment at their disposal to debunk a claim, but want to make the audience believe they went out and got it themselves. The show sucks but the two chicks are pretty hot....how 'bout a Fact or Faked 3some??

I give Fact or Faked 2 middle fingers!!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by BIGPoJo

It could be CGI, but if it is, it's the best I've ever seen. Or maybe my monitor is crap and I can't tell because of the lack of clarity.

I can tell you without a doubt it is CGI. I have seen better CGI while playing MK on my PS3. Just look at how the "skin" moves, its crappy CGI with texture mapping stretched over an e-dummy.

EDIT -- See below for my favorite Fact or Faked segment.

edit on 15-11-2011 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Well I've never seen CGI that good, especially coming from non-professionals. My monitor is not that great, it's big and bulky and older so I may not be seeing as crystal clear a picture quality as you might be seeing.

That ForF episode about the UFO formation is just another example of the unrealistic things that they spend money on to try to debunk a video. I believe the flock of birds explanation far more than elaborate RC devices attempting to fool people all over the world. Plus the objects appear to be a lot higher up than this RC experiment, but as long as it looks close enough, they write it off as debunked, which then infects the people who watch that crap and that becomes how people write off anomalies.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I tried watching that show once, but it was such an insult to my intelligence, that I simply couldn't continue....

Like you said, much of it was debunked right here on ATS, and they were presenting it as still up in the air, etc.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I've been watching it and thinking the same things for a while now!

They just play games trying to debunk everything and it gets to the point where it becomes ignorant and as Gazrok says insulting!

... and yes the acting and scripted nature of the show really is appalling! ''oh look I just happen to have this rocket we can test out' .... ''wow that's awesome high five'' ugh please!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Re-creating a particular video clip of ariel phenomenon is not in of itself debunking it. It really is for the casual viewer, plus that chick is kinda hot.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Preach brother!!!!
I just vented with this topic of my own. Didn't know their was already calling BS on this show or I woulda added to this topic. My Bad!!! But yeah F this damn show. We collectively fart in its direction.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
We've watched every episode of this, and totally agree... but by far the worst episode of all HAS to be Stonehenge... okay, all of the English ones are pretty bad and it really made me laugh when they had to subtitle the East London 'gangsta boy' wannabe, but Stonehenge??

We live pretty close to Stonehenge, well, 40 miles away, and I've driven past it more times than I can remember. For those who haven't had the misfortune to visit, the real mystery there isn't anything to do with aliens, it's "How the £$%^ can they get away with charging £7.80 entrance for something that you can see just as clearly from the road that goes straight past it :-/ Anyway... back to aliens...

Rather than visiting, thinking, chatting, discussing, thinking some more, and getting some hick guy to say he'd figured out how they'd built it, they could have just done one very, very simple thing....

Click here and it'll tell them on the own Stonehenge website that it was built using... dum dum dum.... rollers and wood
It would have saved them a LONG journey only to answer a question that every sane person knew the answer to already

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Have you ever noticed that when they investigate a haunting they always "debunk" a haunting but they do an investigation of their own and come up with stuff of their own that they claim is evidence of a haunting?

I don't buy it. They're just trying to knock other people down so they can sell their own stuff.

If you have something you want investigated, don't go to them.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Completely agree, it's terrible, but some are watchable if not just for the "Are they serious about thinking that could be an explaination???" reaction

I swear if I hear them say "Oh it's CGI" one more time I'll flip... Yes, I know it's CGI... short of having a caption at the bottom of the screen saying "This is a load of crap" it couldn't be any MORE CGI... but still they throw their ping pong balls around
I'd find it better if the whole Stephen Baldwin acting went, but mainly if they actually investigated cases that had at least some hope of getting a result...

On the other hand, at least it's not as bad as UFO Hunters

new topics

top topics

join