It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets take a close look at Subliminal messaging

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
A lot of you will have seen a lot of these there may be some you haven't seen, but for anyone who doesn't know.

Let us take a close look at subliminal messaging, it comes in many forms, the most common being sex, (breed you idiots) and others have skulls in them but they are mostly saying spend money, the subconscious works that when your watching TV or looking at an advert your mind goes into beta, mode meaning it relaxes and becomes susceptible to images even if they are just put ina single millisecond shot on the screen, you don't see this but your brain does and it keeps this image in your subconscious thoughts.

Lets take a look at some.

Sex

In this image you see a woman drinking but turn the image upside down and you see a woman masturbating

films that are out at the time using the letters SEX

You can clearly see the word sex rising from the steam in this Subway advert from their site

This image turned upside down

The soles of these feet look like a naked persons ass

Money hidden meanings

Here is a political video see if you can see the subliminal in it.

I doubt you would have seen it it flashes on and off so fast but here is the image in a single frame

On American TV show Iron chef Macdonalds was busted using a subliminal flash in the show, the flash was supposed to be quicker but somehow it lasted a bit longer than they would have liked and many people saw it, video below.

In wartime there was a cartoon featuring daffy duck that was shown in all cinemas across most countries before the main film, there is a scene that daffy turns a statue head and you can see on it “Buy Bonds” it is only on for a split second, but it would have got the wartime people thinking Hmm I think I need some Bonds..

The cartoon here

Here is Ducktales, if you look at what is on the optitions board in the background you will see it says “Ask about the illuminati”

The cartoon here

After cigarette advertising was banned in F1 Ferrari were caught still taking money from Marlborough cigarettes and put this on their car, did they think we were so stupid

KFC advert with a doller bill hidden in the lettuce

The advert here

An awards show showed over 50 subliminal ads in the show Chupa Chups, Olay, Telstra, KFC and Toyota – were surreptitiously inserted throughout the broadcast in bursts of as little as one twenty fifth of a second.
A short video of these awards..

Anti Islamic message in Coca Cola logo
www.youtube.com...

Here is a short video on Subliminal messaging and its many guises

edit on 14-11-2011 by DEV1L79 because: .

edit on 14-11-2011 by DEV1L79 because: ..

edit on 14-11-2011 by DEV1L79 because: ....

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well put together post..

Sorry to be that guy, but most of this isn't subliminal at all.. it's blatant.

An example would be most of the body parts or images made to look like body parts.
It's only subliminal if it's meant for your subconscious - these are obviously supposed to be seen and laughed at.

Remember the Barq's Rootbeer commercial with the two bald guys? At the beginning of the commercial they are bent over so it looks like a butt - then they stand up and drink delicious root beer. Nothing subliminal, just a funny.

Some of these, on the other hand, were kind of shocking to me.. The eye chart in your Ducktales clip, for example. I watched that show when I was a kid!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DEV1L79

Which is why the best course of action, is to completely eliminate media and their messaging from your life. Haven't watched tv in months, and I feel better as a person. Yeah I flip on the occasional Walking Dead, but let's not ruin that

Well put together thread btw, s and f. As for the subliminal part, these are basically all visually enticed. But think about plot and auditory sensory and you get another whole section of implied meaning and symbolic innuendos.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Yeah the eye-chart thing was big for me too. However, we could interpret it as being bad and satanic or whatever, or perhaps a friendly nudge towards intellectualizing an audience who is generally threatened by a manipulative society. Well ok, in a frictionless world I suppose, but still

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
Well put together post..

Sorry to be that guy, but most of this isn't subliminal at all.. it's blatant.

An example would be most of the body parts or images made to look like body parts.
It's only subliminal if it's meant for your subconscious - these are obviously supposed to be seen and laughed at.

Remember the Barq's Rootbeer commercial with the two bald guys? At the beginning of the commercial they are bent over so it looks like a butt - then they stand up and drink delicious root beer. Nothing subliminal, just a funny.

Some of these, on the other hand, were kind of shocking to me.. The eye chart in your Ducktales clip, for example. I watched that show when I was a kid!

I do get your point, but I think a lot of these aren't blatantly obvious to the unsuspecting person, sure there are ones that are really obvious like the one you described in your post, and they are there for humour, but a lot of the ones above are acting like there totally innocent.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This does not take into account the chemicals we consume(drugs), auditory tones, flashing lights (flicker rate-bluray HD) and electro-magnetic fields you are bombarded with from electrical appliances.

I cant stand people that play this stuff down as simple fun and jokes.
Explains how very few people can control many.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DEV1L79

Combine subliminals with NLP and it's a wonder we have any free will at all.

www.neurolinguisticprogramming.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
That McDonald's flash was priceless. Talk about being caught red-handed! But I
Don't think that it affects people as much as we think.
Really even if our subconscious would pick up on
It I don't think it would alter my way of thinking or deciding my
Natural habbits. Don't get me wrong, I am scared that it will one day, but I will
Keep watching television and reading books and magazines. I do believe that it does work on some
People, and maybe some of the artists/writers just do it for fun, for
Example, the coca cola ad with the girl in the ice-cube. I think the best subliminal messaging are
Poems though, you know the Acrostic name poems? Those are awesome for
Subliminal messaging but you have to be careful cause they're easy to spot!
I love those poems though!

-Jimmy-

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by DEV1L79

Combine subliminals with NLP and it's a wonder we have any free will at all.

www.neurolinguisticprogramming.com...

wow thanks I will read that article, seems like I am just scratching the surface of subliminal messaging.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Every study I've read about subliminal advertising comes to the conclusion that it is not very effective. I believe that there may be a type of brainwashing going on, but I don't think subliminal advertising has any impact on society.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
Every study I've read about subliminal advertising comes to the conclusion that it is not very effective. I believe that there may be a type of brainwashing going on, but I don't think subliminal advertising has any impact on society.

Makes two of us.

Subliminal advertising I believe works on the youth (due to the ability to absorbe high amounts of data in a short amount of time), however a LOT of differences in human thinking capacity also comes into account, along with physical abnormalities. The best example i can give is an Aquired Brain Injury (ABI), we will say the patient has suffered an ABI, centred around the synapse or neurons around the Short-Term to Long-Term memory transfer pathways as an example. It makes people less susceptable to hypnosis as well. I wouldnt recommend you get yourself one, since the brain is a fragile organ, and can result in perminant disability or/and death.

You also need to factor in the psychology of the person as well, a sub message say we will take the Bonds example, i personally have a moral objection to Pacific Brands (They attempted to shaft the Australian Tax Payer). So attempting to get me to purchase a pac brands product is pretty hard to do. So you need to essentially factor in susceptibility into the equation.

It wouldnt surprise me that any programming aimed at kids will have these types of things in it, since it would have a better chance at working as opposed to aiming it at adults (Due to psychology, distraction and the fact taht most of us ignore ads completely and do house work/real work during these breaks).

My two cents.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I gotta tell ya, shirtless Michael Phelps and steamsex really make me want to fill my face with meatballs.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy

Then why do they do it then if it doesn't have any effect.

The stuff I showed in my OP was just a few of them, but some of the stuff was quite macabre, words like Death and Deth, and skulls and snakes and messages of hate stuff hidden in adverts

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

I kinda tend to agree. I get that it's real, I get that it's still happening today, perhaps now more than ever. I just don't get the effects. I mean, it seems like they fail to take into consideration peoples' personal tastes.

For example, I like caramel. So when I hit the candy aisle, I'm looking for Rollos or caramel Milky Way. And absolutely no amount of subliminal advertising is going to persuade me to choose Skittles. They can appeal to my base instincts all they want, but unless they come out with a caramel-flavored Skittles, I ain't gonna buy it.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEV1L79

Let us take a close look at subliminal messaging, it comes in many forms, the most common being sex, (breed you idiots)

....priceless.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
the word SEX is ("accidentally") embedded in the current ATS background image...
..at least it ain't some creepy sexual trannyosaurus eye staring at me this month

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Subliminals obviously work quite well. How else could every single McDonalds across the country be packed to the brim on any given day with the crap they pass off as food? No way people eat that by choice.

Seriously though, subliminals May or may not work effectively on the individual, but on a group or a crowd? ...I'd imagine they work fairly well. And even some individuals I'd bet are more susceptible than others.

top topics

join