It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack and Jill went up the Hill, and only Jill took the fall...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Who is shocked?

Pelosi gets a lot of MONEY from stocks invested in companies that make money selling weapons or contracting for war.

She can only SAFELY do this, however, if she switches parties and becomes a Republican. THEN it would be patriotic.

>> Pelosi took "impeachment off the table" in regards to George Bush. When the guy's family is swimming in greed and corruption, and he gets stooges to plant phony evidence to support two wars for his corporate sponsors -- should anyone be SHOCKED that someone who supported Bush turns out to be a crook?

What I don't like, is the Partisan nature of this; it's as if Republicans woke up and said; "Hey, some of these Politicians with a "D" after their name, are getting kick backs from crooks." And the Republicans getting MOST of their campaign money from large corporations, having the US Chamber of Commerce fund anti-union pro-outsourcing politicos, and of course not allowing the NEW PRESIDENT to appoint Federal Prosecutors and THEN blaming him for the rampant corruption? Is this something I'm supposed to respect?

>> If you want to throw Pelosi down a bottomless pit -- just make sure she lands on Dick Cheney, Abramoff, Rumsfeld, Bush, and Karl Rove to give her something to land on. Both Democrats and Republicans, could throw ONE of their own down the pit -- as long as they both did it, I'd be OK with the process.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Forget the "D"'s and the "R"'s. She one of the leaders of the HOR (an apt acronym for such a whorish institution). If she' guilty, she should go down. Period.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
>> Pelosi took "impeachment off the table" in regards to George Bush. When the guy's family is swimming in greed and corruption, and he gets stooges to plant phony evidence to support two wars for his corporate sponsors -- should anyone be SHOCKED that someone who supported Bush turns out to be a crook?

Male Cow Feeces. Impeachment, what a joke.

Nobody here has done anything illegal. It doesn't matter if they have a "R" or a "D" after their name, they have done nothing illegal. Hypocritical, yes, not illegal. Look at all of the "evil corporation" comments Pelosi made, while at the same time benefitting from those same corporations because of "inside information'. It kind of makes her look like Joe Paterno. Nothing illegal, but immoral or unethical would fit both of them to a T.

The issue here is that Congress needs to start following the laws that it holds us to. They seem to have forgotten that they work for us, even that clown in the White House.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I agree with what you say, except I just want to point one thing out...

And the Republicans getting MOST of their campaign money from large corporations

Both parties get money from large corporations and banks.
Often times, the same corporation will give money to both candidates.
Check out who the top donors were for Obama AND McCain's campaign(If you can find it anymore).
The same banks and corporations gave money to both of them.

But let's keep saying the other party is corrupt, while our party is made up of angels(I'm not saying you said this OP, but rather this is what the average joe is saying).
Both parties are corrupt.
edit on 14-11-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Why are you trying to downplay it?
The fact that corruption is legal should send everyone into an uproar.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yes those evil Republicans!!!

www.opensecrets.org...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

When I read the title, I expected a thread with a feminist ranting about the sexism displayed within our childhood limericks, lol.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Why are you trying to downplay it?
The fact that corruption is legal should send everyone into an uproar.

Downplay what?
If it is legal, it is not corruption. It just should not be legal.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
So how the corporations, Wall Street and the banks financing everyone's campaign regardless of affiliation is somehow legal?

top topics

join