It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyrim - First Impression?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I played around a bit with a 2 handed build, but found that way too easy. Starting a 2nd character focused on magic.

Im playing on a 360 so the load times can get pretty annoying.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthOej

I wouldn't knock the load times, i've heard bad things about the PS3 version.

You could install the disc to your harddrive to slightly improve them, though I have been told that it's not a great idea because that much info is too much for the console or something like that, but I have had no problems other than the occasional crash which I assume would happen anyway.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I've only beaten the main quest on one character so far. The main quest alone deserves an 8/10 at least. The sand box feel and the ability to use so many texture and model mods is a 10/10 feature by itself. This game is definitely iconic for 2011, just about everybody that I know got this game if hadn't gotten it for Christmas, not sure what it is about the game, it's just a pleasant experience to venture into such an age.

I found Oblivion to be a bit frustrating and after a couple of those rifts I was done. My PC at the time couldn't handle the game and I had no idea how to go about exploring the world. It was Fallout 3 that introduced me to that.

I think I will continue with my conjuration, archery and 2h road. Thieves Guild is the #.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The game gets increasingly harder if you drink Jameson while playing.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthOej
I played around a bit with a 2 handed build, but found that way too easy. Starting a 2nd character focused on magic.

Im playing on a 360 so the load times can get pretty annoying.

I'm doing the whole mage thing... so far so good just can't wait to get a lot of mana cost reduction gear for my desc spells

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
level 50something now, i havent played it in weeks, good game but like all the others it gets a bit samey.
im too hooked on Civilization 5 now to go on skyrim, maybe next month i'll slay some dragons or freeze a running bear to watch him fly over me and into the cold ocean.
things the game should have had were levitation, fortifying acrobatics by about 5000 and fortifying speed by about 5000. morrowind is still the best in my opinion.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join