It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyrim - First Impression?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunlight

Thanks for sharing that; very awesome.

I used to sing like that until I took an arrow to the knee.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunlight

Holy crap... If the in game bards sounded like that I'd probably request the song more....

Finally a singer worthy of my Th'um!! For I am Dragonborn!!!

Of course I am also a dark brotherhood assassin... but she doesn't need to know that...

As an assassin however... This is more my style...

edit on 5-12-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

I bailed on PC gaming last year when I bought both my kids an all-in-one pc for Christmas. A 23" all-in-one PC with a touch screen monitor was just $600 each. One moderately okay gaming PC would cost $1200 and they take up a huge honking amount of space. That and neither one of them play anything high-end on their PC anyway. Just junk like Minecraft and Facebook games. It's just not worth it to continue fussing with the incompatible graphic cards that goof up part of the game and even if you get one that works great it's obsolete within a year or two. [Or the cooling fan goes out ] Much simpler and enjoyable to just stick with the console for gaming.

The console graphics are more than good enough to totally enjoy the game. I'm sure the frame rate and polygon count would be much nicer on a gaming PC but honestly the game is beautiful on the XBox 360. I don't think I would enjoy it anymore on a PC.

Exactly why I bailed on PC gaming years and years ago...

I simply don't have the time these days to tweak settings, keep upgrading, etc.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
One of the best games I've ever played. I can only imagine what the next game will be like...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Oakislander

if the series keeps going the way it is, the next game will be even more simplified with a smaller map. but the graphics will be a bit better.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Why have soo many people been saying the map is small? If you don't fast travel everywhere you spend considerably more time travelling than you do delving through caves and dungeons. If you do not fast travel and you think the map is too small you are a crazy person.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

just comparing the map to the size of previous elder scrolls, morrowind was massive compared to skyrim, still an amazing game but every new one is simplified and smaller.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
One of the best games I have ever played, and trust me I have played more games than I have had hot dinners.

I knew I'd love it though, Bethesda games typically last me for years.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I would have to agree that Bethesda out did themselves with Skyrim. But it is still Bethesda, they hurried the final product to get it out in 4th quarter of 2011. Much like the Fallout 3/4 im still having the random freeze and minor lag during fights. Its not enough to for me to give a bad review to this new addiction I have but its just something that bothers me about Bethesda.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Love it so far been playing on and off.

Gfx 9/10
sounds 9/10
game play 8/10

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I really love playing skyrim! Before when I'm newbie, its so boring! but now I love it so much!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I loved Oblivion, and just got Skyrim for Christmas. I feel a few sick days coming on...
*cough* *cough*....

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I've enjoyed it thus far. The landscape is lush and detailed. The melee combat has been tightened up a bit, and you can duel wield. The soundtrack is very good, as expected. The new perk system is great as well(slightly reminds me of the talent trees from WoW). All of the magic effects look amazing, oh and you can cast two at the same time?!!? Awesome.

As for the map being small? I don't really agree with that. The first act of the main quest took me a few hours of just traveling and exploring alone.

Regards.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Some things I miss:

Night Eye - seems to only be available if you are a Khajit or Werewolf, or Vampire?

Ability to make potions in the field...now, you need to be somewhere with a lab.

The old lockpick system...this new one seems to break a lot more picks...but I'm getting better.

There seems to be a LOT less ingredients available off the paths. If you stick to the paths, it's ok, but out in the middle of nowhere, seems like there aren't any.

Food items seem meaningless, I'm just not going to play a "cooking" video game, hehe.

Smithing seems extremely way too detailed and complicated... On the upside, you can do more with it now, but I have my fun sneaking around and putting arrows in the throats of surprised bandits and monsters...not all day at the forge.

Still, for the above complaints...wow, still an awesome game. I just barely started (level 4) and so far I've got some decent weapons, decent light armor, an invite into the Dark Brotherhood, and even a free place to crash and store things (Alchemist's Shack). I've even been able to make up some Invisibility and Paralysis potions (two of my favorites) with found ingredients. I even stole a horse for a bit, to make up some time getting to some places, but eventually left it.

Loving the new taking the coach option. Simply take the coach to all of the capitals, then at least you've got SOME place to fast travel to, to then go exploring out from there. Being able to snatch fish while underwater was pretty neat too, though I think I'm not seeing where the breath bar is... Just need to find the right ingredients for a Waterbreathing potion or two. That's the one area I "cheat" by using online info, as I'm not going to waste ingredients in a guessing game. (that and where to find a place to store stuff).

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Just got this for Christmas...

Someone should tell Bethesda that falling does not usually involve slowly floating to the ground!

Seriously, some of the physics are beyond ridiculous.. even the horse seems to float while falling.

And why on earth wouldn't they make the character climb using his hands on steep terrain?
I love the damned thing otherwise, and I hope they fix all the dumb stuff that takes away from the realism of the game.

edit on 30-12-2011 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

Did you ride your horse over a cliff?

I've just been kind of stealing them as I need them, hehe...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

If you taste your ingredients it tells you what it can do.

What I have been doing is going down my ing. list seeing which ones I have multiples of and tasting them, leaving singular ingredients until later when I have more.

Once you have tasted it, when you come to make your potion it will have the ingredients in the list of things to make that potion.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I absolutely love the Elder Scrolls series, this is definitely my favourite.. I'm not 100% blown away by it, but I do love it nonetheless.

Put it this way, it's better than Oblivion
that was my least favourite so far haha, as I'm sure many would agree with me. I'm only level 21 or so, and felt like I was nearing the end of the game, but seeing the levels of other people around here, I can see I've got a while to go which I'm happy about!

One of the best bits (for me at least) in this game is the addition of dragons..

Not many games can offer the replay value that Elder Scrolls can.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Violence

Has anyone reached max level yet?
What is it, i'm assuming lvl100 but I have no clue.

Also what is the max level of perks???

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join