It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increased airplane activity, Contrails and Chemtrails in Sweden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I�m an regular skywatcher, whenever I�m outdoors I try to keep my eyes open for anything interesting. It could be helicopters, birds, hot air balloons, the moon (actually the moon was still up today at 8:00PM) or airplanes.
As of lately I�ve been closely monitoring all jetplanes and their contrails. Before today thats all there ever were, contrails dissappearing after 20-40seconds. Now, usually if I�m outdoors a couple of hours I get to see about 1-3 airplanes. I live in a pretty small city, but we do have an airport. Usually airplane sightings appear to be in the direction of the airport. That�s logical.

This morning, as usual, I took my bicycle and headed for work at about 8:15AM. It takes me about 40minutes to get there (9-10km or about 5-6miles I think). In this time I counted 10 jetplanes going all over the place (not at all in the airport direction). They were going in different directions and I could 2 at the same time several times. I thought this to be very weird, but the contrails seemed normal. When I got off work however I saw that there huge long trails left on different parts of the sky. I cursed myself for not having a camera. Went into the center of the city, and I actually spent almost 30minutes watching airplanes going by. Some left huge streaks that in part broke up leaving chemtrails with breaks in them.

So I got home, I had now today seen about a total of 20-25 airplanes in less than 7 hours and over 4 hours I spent indoors not looking at the sky. This is weird for being around here I�ll tell you. So I decided to take som pictures with a borrowed digital camera. Sorry for the crappy quality, I don�t know how to fully operate that camera yet. Also watch the pictures closely some of the trails didn�t show up as sharp as in real life.

Heres the photos, please click!

Make what you will of it, contrails or chemtrails I�ve seen more airplanes today than I usually do in a week. Just took a lokk outside and sure enough, there was another one leaving a long trail.

Also, thoughts and prayers go out to the children and their relatives suffering in the fiasco of the Russia hostage situation.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Where exactly in scandinavia are you based?

How long did the trails stay for?

Nice shots, though not that unusual for areas used to hosting large amounts of air traffic, methinks.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yes I have noticed them here in the St. Louis area over the past 2 days.

My thoughts are that the upper atmosphere has cooled to a point that it allows for more vapor to form, hot compressed air exiting the jet engines and then cools to form vapor.

We see the trails more now, fall, winter, spring than in the summer months.

I think its mostly water vapor, but I did see a study this summer that claims a high volume of air traffic in geographic area which are producing con-trails will affect the weather in that area, its just a theory. I will try to find the study and post it to your thread.

john

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I live in south Sweden, and some of the trails seemed to last 30 minutes or even longer. Some stayed shorter as well.

Nice shots, though not that unusual for areas used to hosting large amounts of air traffic, methinks.

The problem is we don�t have alot of air traffic, generally. It seemed to just be so today, it�s weird.

We see the trails more now, fall, winter, spring than in the summer months.
I think its mostly water vapor, but I did see a study this summer that claims a high volume of air traffic in geographic area which are producing con-trails will affect the weather in that area, its just a theory. I will try to find the study and post it to your thread.

Yes this may be the case. The last 2 days have been kinda warm but with very cool winds.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I too have seen some of those chem-trails last week, too bad I don't have a site where I can upload 800kb pics.

I see you too managed to catch one of them bastards start spraying whatever that is they spray (pic 005).
Too bad those cameras can't zoom that much, I could actually see a silver/white plane sprying that stuff, but when I took the picture with a digital cam, I could only see a white trail, and no plane.... I'm sure you had the same thing happen.

have a good one.

RIP to all the kids in that school.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Wow! Sweden also? That must mean that there are hundreds of thousands of those chemplanes up in the sky to cover Europe, Scandinavia, North America etc. I wonder where they are basing all of those planes? The number of pilots involved must be greater than all of the worlds military and commercial pilots put together. What about all of the ground personnel that you would need to maintain the planes; fill them with chem.-goop, etc. Where are these people coming from? Are they clones from outer space?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
perhaps the formation of the contrail depended on the direction the plane was going in... i'm sure there are many factors to take into consideration such as wind speed/direction.

buuut, who knows, maybe you annoyed the danish?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Argh, this is bugging me!
Yesterday (Saturday) everything seemed back to normal, saw 1 airplane way up. The trail it left seemed kinda long, but nothing like on Friday with planes going all over the place at intervals. (BTW - skies were much clearer as well, very few clouds around noon)

I will have to pay close attention this coming week, especially on Friday. Perhaps I should try and contact the airport and ask how many landings/take offs they have.

However I don�t know if these kind of questions would arouse suspicions. Wouldn�t want the Swedish Secret Police huntin� me down

new topics

top topics

join