It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The violent side of Occupy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Now in no way do I suggest the 3 stooges here represent even a majority of the OWS protesters. However, they DO represent a % of them, regardless of sincere wishes that this element didn't exist.

Source Article

I suppose this is a set we should take a good look at. They look about average and much like a variety of people I knew at a camp. Nothing special about them..and they sure aren't cops or Tea Partiers. Not with the slovenly appearance and general lack of effort on their image to the world.

The homemade ordinance they were carrying is sure real enough though. Those mortars are perfectly legal in Missouri at July and New Years... They are great fun actually and the expensive ones can rival anything I grew up watching at Disneyland. They would also blow out ear drums and probably cause serious injury if detonated at ground level and in a crowd of people, or cops.

What if these 3 brainiacs short fired their home made contraptions and the mortar "ball" landed among OWS people? Nice one... (jazz fingers) ... Now we have a bunch of protesters going to jail....After the hospital, Or worse, it DOES land among the cops, and they believe they're under fire and RETURN fire. Now we have a bunch of DEAD protesters who never would understand why the hell they got shot in the first place.

I sincerely hope we can all agree that THIS is the side of OWS that must be purged and thrown out at the frst sign of it's presence in any camp. NEVER protected though, and NEVER encouraged. This represents the side of OWS that is the problem, not the solution, agreed?

edit on 14-11-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: Correction on link - Located better article

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
OH NOES! A bunch of college dudes with gas masks and FIREWORKS?? Really?

Yeah they could have done some damage, but it's not like they had grenades (like the article claimed they did) or even Molotovs.

And to top it all off they didn't get in trouble for USING these. Just having them in their car while being stopped for speeding...

What a story...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

I'll appreciate someone letting me hear about such a plan in advance, so I may assist in STOPPING THEM.

I didn't spend time and effort in OWS to support murder or become a murderer. Killing politicians, corrupt or not, is Capital Murder. That is long past the point where I part company with any organization or movement. It's not a protest anymore, it's an armed revolt.

In the case of these kids, this is what they are described as having:

Firework Mortars

At ground level, those aren't 'just fireworks' or firecrackers. They are either very dangerous weapons or outright lethal ones. I've thought about what would happen if they misfired on me while lighting them off here on the 4th of July.....I can't even begin to imagine deliberately firing one into or over PEOPLE.....any people. But then, as I said...I was never in this for armed insurrection, just change to the American system as it's come to be today.

edit on 14-11-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Though nobody can say these people represent the majority of OWS, there are quite a lot of people within the OWS crowd that DO want violence; many of whom have acted on that desire. 200 people were surveyed last month at OWS in New York's Zuccotti Park. The results were not surprising to me.

link

Our research shows clearly that the movement doesn't represent unemployed America and is not ideologically diverse. Rather, it comprises an unrepresentative segment of the electorate that believes in radical redistribution of wealth, civil disobedience and, in some instances, violence. Half (52%) have participated in a political movement before, virtually all (98%) say they would support civil disobedience to achieve their goals, and nearly one-third (31%) would support violence to advance their agenda.

CREAM’s post (above) is good representation of the mindset of many of these protesters (though he may have just been trolling). He said

People need to start killing corrupt politicians and any police that try to stop them, AND thats what many are going to do. Just waiting for the right time.

If this is what OWS seeks then they will accomplish nothing besides getting hurt or killed. This is playing right into the hands of TPTB. The sooner these idiots go ballistic the sooner the police can justifiably crush them and remove them from the streets.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Easy with sharing the facts around here. Those guys all work for Fox News and were planted just to give the movement a black eye
Apparently, I work for Fox News also

All it takes is for a few and the percentages are rapidly leaning in favor of these few who seem to be showing up in greater numbers.

The occupiers are getting restless hence the need to escalate these events.

232 incidents and counting
biggovernment.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

The penalty for treason is death. Either you can support the constitution, or stand down. The militants in the US are armed and ready for the signal.

Please show me some militant constitutionalists at OWS, because all I’ve seen so far are a handful working people who want a better country and the rest are punk anarchist communists (and all the other “ists”) who just want to rebel against a system they can’t figure out how to thrive in. Just because 20% of the population can’t figure out how to get ahead in the current system doesn’t mean they have the right to tear the system down. Good news is this group you speak of only has the power to cause disruptions…..not real revolution.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Originally posted by CREAM

Did you see the "scandal rocking congress" thread?
Did you see the thread about..........
Yeah, that's logical. [color=707070]/sarcasm

In a way, I suppose that might work out ok for you in the end.

The jury will most likely go along with your plea of 'Guilty by Reason of Insanity', after they discover that your murders were justifiable, because of what you read in some ATS threads.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

I may be critical of the movement and am Trying to stay on the fence because I believe in the general premise of the movements cause but if that's the type of GARBAGE people who support OWS are advocating I want no part of it brother.

You aren't doing OWS any favors!

edit on 14-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Dude, you're living in a fantasy land. NO bunch of gangsta rappers are going to do any damned thing at all to secure your liberty.

Have fun with that. I won't be sending a file baked into a cake or anything like that.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Stooges is the right word for them. they probably share a brain : /

Fireworks? They should add a charge of stupidity.

Or is Eddie a relative?
edit on 14-11-2011 by Resinveins because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Remember the ATS poll regarding OWS not long ago. Plenty of non members agreeing that violence was necessary for the cause. Wonder how many have joined ATS since then. I think I am getting a pretty solid idea.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I can't say what I want without violating the TOC in this thread (I understand, I have no problem with the mods)

I will just say if you want to debate me, head over to "Urgent: Wake up now!" thread.

Otherwise I will just say these kids are idiots, fireworks aren't gonna do anything. They should have read the latest "anarchists cook book" - I am not an anarchist, but the information in there probably would have been useful to them. Oh well, haters gonna hate. Lovers gonna love and stand up for what they love.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Easy with sharing the facts around here. Those guys all work for Fox News and were planted just to give the movement a black eye
Apparently, I work for Fox News also

Yeah, I keep seeing that on here, OWS forums and the OWS chat rooms. All these accusations about paid shills and agitators. Well, I know I'm not paid to write. I really don't think you're drawing a paycheck here. So, can someone else please tell me just where people are going to get hired to do this? I can't say I'd argue getting paid for something I'm going to do either way, anyway.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
My biggest gripe with OWS is nobody knows what they are trying to accomplish. Actions by the likes of these people aren't helping anyone either, but as more stories like this start to come out it is almost better off for them all to go home and figure it out. All they are currently doing is being nothing but a burden and a nuisance on the cities that are being occupied.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by CREAM

I may be critical of the movement and am Trying to stay on the fence because I believe in the general premise of the movements cause but if that's the type of GARBAGE people who support OWS are advocating I want no part of it brother.

You aren't doing OWS any favors!

edit on 14-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

I was very much hoping messages like yours and not the other variety would be the tone of replies. I can't say I'm on the fence anymore...I'm opposed to Occupy. However, that doesn't mean I slammed the door either. I keep hoping something can be pulled from the building heap of ashes that OWS is becoming here and push ahead in a direction that really leads somewhere. Probably wishful thinking...I've about given up now, to be honest. I can keep my hopes though.

In all fairness...There were two people come and go at St Louis that thought along the lines of the subjects for my OP and one line of replies here. They were both pushed out..gently as it were...as they didn't need the hard SHOVE that was coming next if they didn't get it the first time. I wish all camps would not only do it, but very publicly and with NO qualifications of ANY kinda attached, declare it for the world and all newcomers alike.

Bahh.. Maybe too late for all that at this point anyway...but thanks for the reply to let me know I'm not alone in being repulsed by both the suggestion of violence against politicians and some idiot kids with Artillery/Mortar shell fireworks looking to start a full blow riot.

top topics

join