It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharia Law. She's buried chest high.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Toffeeapple

For real. People need to realize there was no Allah to whisper this punishment into the ear of man. A man come up with this punishment and men support it.

Anyway. I believe that men are only buried up to the waist. I think if they wriggle out of the hole they are pardoned right?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thetawave
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

isn't there hadiths that show mohhamed ordererd stonings, isn't that the reason they do it ? this also happens in africa, countries such as somalia and nigeria carry this out.
edit on 14-11-2011 by Thetawave because: .

They do it because they are ignorant of Islam and have always been to an extend .

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thetawave

isn't there hadiths that show mohhamed ordererd stonings, isn't that the reason they do it ? this also happens in africa, countries such as somalia and nigeria carry this out.

Yes there are hadiths, however their authenticity can't be verified. If this truly happened, then Muhammad was going against the true order of God which ordered lashings, not a death sentence. That's why those of us who actually think about our text understand that stoning is not correct, and is tribal.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

This thread is about sharia law, start your own thread on the subjects if you wish.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 23432

Stoning adulterers to death is not in Kuran therefore it can not be an Islamic rule .

No , There are much rules that are not in Quran and they are said to be done in Islam.

like Haj , Salat . As we know by history Muhammad had stoned some one .

But I think that this is not the issue here.

The issue is that Moses was doing the same thing and Isa did the same thing , too.

There are just some people having more deep issues other than just stoning.

They hide their real issue inside their heart , and then claim , Why did Muhammad or Moses or Isa stoned adultery

They better find their real issue with religion.

Moses gone through Nile , Isa lived some dead , Muhammad brought quran. There have been people denying their power and their prophecy.

O Prophet, indeed We have sent you as a witness and a bringer of good tidings and a warner.

And one who invites to Allah , by His permission, and an illuminating lamp.

And give good tidings to the believers that they will have from Allah great bounty.

And do not obey the disbelievers and the hypocrites but do not harm them, and rely upon Allah . And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Many of you love to jump on the bandwagon of the witch trials, the crusades and all the other non Islamic traditions of brutality but remember the Christian faith is fa newer than than that of Islam and if Christianity has moved away from those practices generations ago then why were the Muslims not far more advanced and civilized before Christianity? they are still living in the dark ages of humanity hidden behind their religious rites.
edit on 14-11-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

A survey conducted by the Pew Research Center found relatively widespread popular support for stoning as a punishment for adultery in Egypt (82% of respondents in favor of the punishment), Jordan (70% in favor), Indonesia (42% in favor), Pakistan (82% favor) and Nigeria (56% in favor).[39]

Yeah only a few muslims support stonings, That awkward moment when more than half the population is classed as only a few people.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

People like to pretend the world would be perfect and happy without any religion, but that's simply not true. The problem is humanity itself, when it won't keep its hands to itself or thinks it knows what is better for others than they themselves do, doesn't accept responsibility for its own actions, and so forth - whatever the motivation may be (regardless if is religion, politics, morality, science, or anything else).

You make a very good point.. and I totally agree with this.

If we had no religion at all.. what possible crimes would come of that mindset...?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
400000 rapes in 1 year in the Congo?

Alleged 961 child rapes a day in South Africa?

Glad you think Africa just "hangs out"..... like AUSTRALIA....

Dude that stuff happens everywhere. It's wrong. I'm not going to justify it. Also the governments of the African countries do not support such actions. It is illegal to rape women and children. You may have heard about the Penn State thing. It's not like the guy's being applauded. Islamic countries stone people to death. The Quran does not say they should be stoned, but there were many instances in the life of Mohammed where adulterers were brought to him and he had them stoned. He built the rock that is Islam......and it's an extremely barbaric rock.

And before people start throwing Bible scripture at me know this, I am not a Christian, and a lot of their doctrine is just as messed up as Islam. The only difference is, Christians aren't running around cutting people's noses off for looking at them funny.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Thetawave

A star for waking more people up to the violation of human rights.

I could not watch the video................my heart is already way to heavy at man's inhumanity to man.

If you read my user name, I did not chose this name lightly.

I honestly believe in multiple dimensions and what some call possession by "demons" could very possibly be possession by other dimensional beings.

How could a person do this to another fellow human? I wouldn't want to see my son's ex wife that has cost our entire family misery and grief go through this, nor any "animal" or any entity.

Why can't everyone just be nice?

I just don't understand the joy in being hateful and cruel.

Sometimes I feel like I must have come from some distant planet because I simply cannot wrap my brain around how anyone could do this to another being.

Sad..................so very sad.

Any fanatical religious group is scary and this is exactly why our forefathers fought to ensure religion and state do not combine.

All this bloodshed, all this heartache and misery in the many names of "god".

Mankind had better grow up.............we don't have much time left.
edit on 14-11-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Thats because Allah is not YHWH, he is Lucifer. Actions speak louder than words. This is what Jesus Christ has been saying all along in the bible. Know them, by the fruits of their labors. Yeshua ha Meshiach forgives and this is why he is the divine one and why Muhammad is just a blood thirsty madman. Yeshua wanted people to covert, but Muhammad says "if any man should change his religion, kill him". Who would you rather pick? Yeshua who loves you and forgives you? Or Muhammad who would see you die horribly for comitting a sin with a smile on his face?

Sharia law versus the laws of Christ. Love and forgiveness or hate and retribution? Shouldn't be a hard decision to make.

This video was very brutal and it saddend me. How could anyone do these things? I couldn't i do not have the heart to make someone die.
edit on 14-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Are you familiar with the Bible, specifically the Old Testament? Are you familiar with the YHWH of the Old Testament. He is by far the bastion of goodness and godliness.

In fact, one downright blood thirsty, mean, and vindictive old cad, he is, commanding and condoning murder, stoning, slaughter, and sundry other forms of torturous punishment which would be more akin to Lucifer.

Back to the OP, that really is sad. One thing people fail to realize, and i am not condoning what happened, is that it's a different culture. Period. People look at us and see different things but that doesn't make one right and one wrong (IMO both are equally right or wrong), it just makes it different. Trying to understand a different culture through the lenses of our own always leads to one-sided judgments.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

For real. People need to realize there was no Allah to whisper this punishment into the ear of man. A man come up with this punishment and men support it.

Anyway. I believe that men are only buried up to the waist. I think if they wriggle out of the hole they are pardoned right?

Yes they are pardoned.

No ordinary man can stone such people.

The people in Muhammad time were thinking that Muhammad is wrong and their fathers were right. In current time , even Muslims think that their fathers were wrong following Muhammad.

The people of investigation and observation are few in both periods of time.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Many of you love to jump on the bandwagon of the witch trials, the crusades and all the other non Islamic traditions of brutality but remember the Christian faith is fa newer than than that of Islam and if Christianity has moved away from those practices generations ago then why were the Muslims not far more advanced and civilized before Christianity? they are still living in the dark ages of humanity hidden behind their religious rites.

Just a point of fact so that people don't get confused here.

Islam and Muhammed are AD -- after the Death of Christ....

Muhammad (c. 570 – June 8, 632) was a trader later becoming a religious, political, and military leader. However, Muslims do not view Muhammad as the creator of Islam, but instead regard him as the last messenger of God, through which the Qur'an was revealed.

Islam's most fundamental concept is a rigorous monotheism, called tawhīd (Arabic: توحيد‎). God is described in chapter 112 of the Qur'an as:[24] "Say: He is God, the One and Only; God, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him." (112:1-4) Muslims repudiate the Christian doctrine of the Trinity and divinity of Jesus, comparing it to polytheism, but accept Jesus as a prophet. In Islam, God is beyond all comprehension and Muslims are not expected to visualize God. God is described and referred to by certain names or attributes, the most common being Al-Rahmān, meaning "The Compassionate" and Al-Rahīm, meaning "The Merciful" (See Names of God in Islam).[25]

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 14-11-2011 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterFister103

Good post

The only difference is, Christians aren't running around cutting people's noses off for looking at them funny.

Go back in history - the witch hunts, the hangings, torture, burnings, boiling in oil, the rack, all in the many names of "god'.

In short, 809 million people have died in religious wars. That’s nearly a billion people.

Conclusively, more people have died in the name of religion than in the name of Communism or Hitler, or the two combined times two.

Source: bookrate.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by Praetorius

People like to pretend the world would be perfect and happy without any religion, but that's simply not true. The problem is humanity itself, when it won't keep its hands to itself or thinks it knows what is better for others than they themselves do, doesn't accept responsibility for its own actions, and so forth - whatever the motivation may be (regardless if is religion, politics, morality, science, or anything else).

You make a very good point.. and I totally agree with this.

If we had no religion at all.. what possible crimes would come of that mindset...?

Sorry, I can't accept that religion is necessary to instill morals, as you seem to be suggesting. Not at all. A sense of fair-play and decency is innate, I believe, and can be nurtured or demolished by those around us while we're growing up.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Actually I believe the Muslims were far more advanced and then they were conquered and all their knowledge destroyed.

It's true, research it.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Please let me know when you have that thread up and running. I would love to understand better.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Sorry, I can't accept that religion is necessary to instill morals, as you seem to be suggesting. Not at all. A sense of fair-play and decency is innate, I believe, and can be nurtured or demolished by those around us while we're growing up.

I'm not suggesting religion is needed to instill morals.. merely stating that too many people blame religion for atrocious behavior.. and quite frankly I think the behavior of humanity would still be in question even if we had no religion.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Honestly I didn't understand your whole post , Because I am a beginner.

first I understood 50 % the second reading helped me understand 90 %.

I think that people should learn how to find their root in history.

It would help much to find about Eden.

Western cultural transcendence , is not reachable , because there should be something stable to build your house on.

Is it stable ? How do you see this ?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

edit on 14-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join