It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific evidence that that supports the theory of alien life.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

"Insofar as civilization - forming lifeforms are concerned I believe we've got this universe all to ourselves."

My.... That is a stretch - Please explain your rational to your opinion.

I believe that civilization - forming lifeforms are prolific in our Universe, save for the deadly cosmic radiation zones near the centers of most galaxies.

As for ET alien vistation here on Earth - Yes.... they have been here, because I've seen one or two ET Starships myself.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I suppose 'ecoshell' means habitable zone?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
As for ET alien vistation here on Earth - Yes.... they have been here, because I've seen one or two ET Starships myself.

That would be an interesting read, have you posted any threads on that experience ?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
Awesome work Misterlondon. I have read a few of your posts and they are very well informed S&F for you!

The "Wow!" signal I believe was debunked saying that it was some natural phenom because they could never find or equate the signal again after many, many attempts. However my theory was it could have been somekind of "mother ship" passing through that general area of that constelation. The "Wow!" signal is very different though because, if i recall correctly, it was the first annomally that we have found so far (if that is indeed what it is just a natural phenom).

Mars imo has had life on it at one time, maybe some 600+ million years ago back when the dino were present or even before that maybe even billions. It would be awesome if they did find something that would be of proof on there of maybe even a past colony.

Europa is very neat to say the least. It has, if I remember right, almost 8 miles deep of ice. If there is something down there it prolly wont be much, some kind of microbes that thrive in intensive, often brutal enviroments, that would prolly kill any of us. Still there could be something waaaayy down there in the cold deep sea of Europa.

Good work again Misterlondon. S&F

-SAP-

Thanks -SAP-

I dont think the wow signal has been debunked, even scientists are admittedly baffled by it.. It could very well be a natural phenomenon but what, we just dont know yet.. ?

There was another one in 1967 that we later found out to be a pulsar, that was before the wow signal, maybe that's what your thinking of? There has also been another one after the wow in 2003 from a different location in the sky..

And i totally agree, as our science progresses it seems more likely there was some sort of life on mars at some point.. And im sure one day we will find it.. As you say though were likely looking in the billions of years range..

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Yeah it was a pulsar or a black hole if I remember correctly. I just read the wiki on the Wow! Signal and heres a quote from it.

In his most recent writings, Ehman resists "drawing vast conclusions from half-vast data" -- acknowledging the possibility that the source may have been military in nature or otherwise may have been a production of Earth-bound humans.

Last sentence on the page. I was mistaken by something different apperently.

Wiki for the "Wow!" signal.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Awesome thread dude, the WOW signal has always piqued my interest, and I'm amazed at the lack of attention that it's received. Also, thanks for the shout-out to my Mars thread

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Awesome thread dude, the WOW signal has always piqued my interest, and I'm amazed at the lack of attention that it's received. Also, thanks for the shout-out to my Mars thread

thanks tupac...

I thought your thread was pretty cool.. you did a good job on that one...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
reply to post by CLPrime

"Insofar as civilization - forming lifeforms are concerned I believe we've got this universe all to ourselves."

My.... That is a stretch - Please explain your rational to your opinion.

Happily. But, before I do, I want to say: you asked. This is an explanation of the rationale for my opinion. It's not the topic of this thread, so it's not up for debate (though, if you, or anyone else for that matter, wants to discuss it, you can always message me). It's merely the explanation you're asking for.

So, here's my reason:

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
- Genesis 1:26-27; NIV

[T]he LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
- Genesis 2:7; NIV

Man has a unique spirit given to him from the One who created him. Animals have the breath of life, but they have no sentience - no soul, so-to-speak. I have no problem with there being animalistic extraterrestrial life, but my faith in the unique creation of Man precludes the existence of any other sentient life.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

ThQ, -W1ll for the Lennon story. New one to me. Wonder where that 'egg' is now. Geller still around?

Cheers,
\\Nexo

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nexotop

He lives in the UK... in a place called Surrey i believe.. (just south of London)
edit on 14/11/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
For a country that has never had a space program, the UK has never had a rover go to the moon or mars or even to send up their own space capsule, they really love this topic of Aliens and UFOs. I hope the U.S. and the combine allies of Russia and China will one day captivate your people's souls with proof of alien life.

If Iran gets a space probe up to Mars and finds alien life there, I bet that will squelch most people in the British Isles concern and interest for Alien life. Nice put together thread. We will most likely have to yank the alien life from the Universe, it won't just come land nicely on our front porch.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkScheppy

One can hope that one day they will land PEACEFULLY on our lawn. Until then keep your eyes to the skies!

-SAP-
edit on 14-11-2011 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
I actually have two answers.
First of all, we're certainly not the only form of life in the entire universe. I would bet we'll soon be finding both fossilized and existing microbial life in most of the places we search.
But, intelligent, sentient life...not so much. Insofar as civilization-forming lifeforms are concerned, I believe we've got this universe all to ourselves. There's a reason for that...I just don't usually go there in these parts.

I usually like your comments but this one makes no sense.

We are a young species. We've only been around for a couple of hundred thousand years. The universe is old and so large we cannot comprehend it. Why would you draw such a conclusion as 'We've got the universe all to ourselves'? That alone makes absolutely no sense...

Statistically there is more chance of intelligent life than not. Hell, statically there would be a higher chance they are more intelligent than us.

And you are disregarding Roswell and Battle of LA, back in the 40's? And all the historical references? And even the sightings in the Wild west that were documented?

You usually speak with such clarity but today you are making no sense.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I have always thought of the different races of man as separate species and that there development is not simply their evolution in relation to their homelands. Ancient races may have had to populate other planets due to conflicts on their home worlds. If we were faced with an interstellar race that wanted to dominate or decimate our population would it not make sense to send colonists into other regions. Communications would have to severed and the group would be in for a long term situation.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
We exist. Is that no proof enough?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

We are a young species. We've only been around for a couple of hundred thousand years. The universe is old and so large we cannot comprehend it. Why would you draw such a conclusion as 'We've got the universe all to ourselves'? That alone makes absolutely no sense...

I explained my opinion a few posts up.

Statistically there is more chance of intelligent life than not. Hell, statically there would be a higher chance they are more intelligent than us.

Statistics are convincing mathematically, but reality doesn't necessarily have to follow them.

And you are disregarding Roswell and Battle of LA, back in the 40's? And all the historical references? And even the sightings in the Wild west that were documented?

Roswell has reached legendary status, and, as such, is far from convincing. Though I am open to the possibility of it being an alien crash, if anyone can ever actually present the evidence without all the hype. I have looked at the incident myself, and I still find it unconvincing.
The Battle of LA... I liked the movie, but the event it was based on was a mess of misidentification and exaggeration.

As for more ancient sources, if you are going to believe that they were describing aliens and UFOs, then you also have to believe their references to living dinosaurs.

You usually speak with such clarity but today you are making no sense.

I've been taken to a place I usually don't go on ATS. To those who don't share my Scriptural faith, my views in this area would definitely seem nonsensical.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Lol, am I the only one who noticed that there's two "that"s in the title?

off to read the op ill be back

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think the question of if there is other intelligent life in the universe is irrelevant. As long as there is the possibility we should just assume that there may be and we should prepare ourselves accordingly (mentally).

If it turns out ET life exists then we are prepared, if not then so be it. In science and in common sense this seems like the appropriate logic, so why does it seem like issues and events related to possible ETs are kept under the rug by the exact people that would know about this subject?

This fact (or trend even), lends more credibility to the ET hypothesis than anything else I think.

Read the Streisand effect.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Nice post. Seems like something I would've done if I ever had the motivation... Lol
I could be wrong, but has no one mentioned the ancient megaliths and megalithic structures scattered around the world? Yeah, the whole UFO thing is cool, I agree, but we can't overlook the importance of the things that we can't explain, but can still see and touch, but we can't reproduce it either? Some made with more precision than others, but most inspiring disbelief, if it were not for the fact that they are RIGHT THERE! I say, combined with the ancient art, records and myths, our inability to explain or reproduce some of these megaliths make me 'believe.' Lol. Nice post!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Well done! S & F

Am on the run now but will post more later...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join